Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P1i vs N95

Author P1i vs N95
tenshi888
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 14:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
To those considering between an N95 and P1i: just watch out for all the cons stated here about the N95: poor build quality, poor battery life. Maybe they'll fix it with the next version, one could only hope. The P1i has much better build quality and the battery will definitely get you through a full heavy day with some to spare.

To the N95 fans/ apologists: good luck with it and hope you're happy, at the end of the day when you log out of this forum, YOU have to live with the phone. I know. I did, I sold it, I'm much happier with my P1i.
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 14:56

btw: why does one always bring out the (historic) wobbly slider of N95 and the infactual N95 battery life every time a N95 is in a comparison.

Because this is STILL a fact, it has not getting any better
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 15:16

On 2007-08-25 14:55:21, tenshi888 wrote:
To those considering between an N95 and P1i: just watch out for all the cons stated here about the N95: poor build quality, poor battery life. Maybe they'll fix it with the next version, one could only hope. The P1i has much better build quality and the battery will definitely get you through a full heavy day with some to spare.

To the N95 fans/ apologists: good luck with it and hope you're happy, at the end of the day when you log out of this forum, YOU have to live with the phone. I know. I did, I sold it, I'm much happier with my P1i.

1.5m N95 users have no problem living with it. Hoping for you too that your P1i camera dont die on you and that you can live with "obsoleted" specs of P1 like lousy photo, no 5MP, no vga@30fps video rec, ancient wifi-b only, no standard 3.5mm jack/mini-usb, no tv-out, no graphics accelerator, no 16m color, no stereo speakers, no GPS, limited 3rd party software markets and no gaming platform.
tenshi888
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 15:25

On 2007-08-25 15:16:48, mib1800 wrote:

On 2007-08-25 14:55:21, tenshi888 wrote:

1.5m N95 users have no problem living with it. Hoping for you too that your P1i camera dont die on you and that you can live with "obsoleted" specs of P1 like lousy photo, no 5MP, no vga@30fps video rec, ancient wifi-b only, no standard 3.5mm jack/mini-usb, no tv-out, no graphics accelerator, no 16m color, no stereo speakers, no GPS, limited 3rd party software markets and no gaming platform.

Ok, the N95 has all that but since it only has 20mb of free RAM its TRULY obsolete. You can't even keep the music player running while surfing the web. The limited ram, the lack of qwerty keyboard, lousy build quality and the really poor battery life makes the N95 worse than obsolete, its basically a defective design. The P1i can have everything running and it won't crash. Now, if my P1i's camera does die, I don't know why it should, I will report on it and let everybody know. I'm just reporting facts, not speculation. There is nothing I just said that you cannot factually refute.
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 15:50
Thats a really nice last post For me not to be able to multitask with the N95 is really bad, and this I can do with the P1i easy
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 16:20

On 2007-08-25 13:07:43, Dogmann wrote:

Any way for now i am sticking to my E61 and am not buying any more mobile devices until the true E61 successor arrives hopefully early next year. As the E61 is easily the best smart phone i have ever owned and used a simply superb device I have given up my Mobile device addiction and will not be buying any more devices any time soon.

Marc

So you're giving up the E90, the hsdpa, the high tech processor, the vga video capture, the graphics chip, etc etc?

I wouldn't have highlighted it but after months and months of repeating how the p1i is under specced because it does not have exactly these features and that we would regret buying one. You're now sticking with the 2006 spec e61 until next year, yourself.

All I have to say is welcome to reality. I would probably stick with the e61 myself. Though I'm surprised your so forgiving of the missing hspda in the e61i and so worked up about it missing in the p1i.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 16:26
@Tail

You really are starting to show just how ignorant you are i have stated on numerous occasions i don't work for Nokia, receive free test units or even own a single Nokia share which part of that are you unable to understand?
I have only used Nokia's since last June after the extreme disappointment with what SE delivered in the M600 that forced me to look else where as i was not prepared to keep on waiting for the next firmware to fix things. If you think i was going to use a substandard device for over 6 months waiting for it to be how it should of been on launch you are even more crazy than i thought possible.

The reason i have to repeat the same things is because nothing has changed the same bad customer service and these same problems with devices keep on rearing their ugly head if SE started fixing these problems i wouldn't have anything to post about so try blaming SE for doing a lousy job rather than me for point out their faults.

Just to show you this is not my bias and i am not making things up i am going to make it really simple for you to understand where my comments and opinions come from as it appears you have a lot of trouble grasping simple concepts and the truth so here it nice and simple and hope fully even you will be able to understand it, here are all the things that people complain about on the P1 read em and weep.

1) Here you can see just happy people are with their P1 camera's performance sorry that should be lack of.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=153093

2) Here you can see all the problems some are having trying to get their WiFi to work.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=153237

3) Here is peoples complaints about the Today screen failing to act in a consistent manner

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=153721

4) Here is so far one person example of the excelenet build quality

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=153706

5) Here are a few people whose less than a week old P1's camera now fails to work

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=152588

6) Here is pot about how the P1 Mass storage doesn't work as it should but needs a work round do what it should out of the box

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=152588

7) Here is Post about the poor qaulity of the stickers on the P1's keys

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=153042

Here is some one wondering what happened to the Blogger app that SE initially said would be on the P1 but of course now isn't.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=153345

9) Here is some one reporting although there phone is on it can't make or receive calls a problem as found on some P990's

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=153353

10) Of course we also have the P1 bugs thread already on page 35 in just one month

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=151888

Then if you go back to the original announcement for the P1 and what SE were happy to proclaim as some of it is included features we have this classic statement.

"Other features of note include support for reading and writing common Microsoft Office file formats, VoIP calling, a speakerphone, and a jog-dial to aid in navigation. The P1 ships with the Opera 8 browser and an RSS reader preinstalled, and makes available a freely down loadable picture blogging application.

No prizes for guessing which of these features failed to ship with the P1, but of course i am just so biased that i should just ignore all these minor discrepancies and congratulate SE on another wonderful release that truly carries forward the heritage of the P990.

So you see unlike some that are happy to just repeat the dreadful issues with the N95 all of my comments are based on actual reports of usage and problems from SE fans and users.

Maybe i should just get a P1 for myself and see er no maybe not as even the guys in CPW thought that was bad idea when i asked if it was a really any different and besides the extra Ram they said no and have had quite a few devices returned already.

So go on then Tail read all those posts and tell me their all Nokia fans bashing SE for no reason or maybe now you will wake up and face the facts.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-25 15:27 ]
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 16:49
And at the same time you use your last post just to say same things all over again??? We all have heard this by now, dont you get it? And THIS is what you dont understand. Please post somehing new instead. Do that, will you. I just rest my case, because you will never understand what I am saying

[ This Message was edited by: Tail on 2007-08-25 15:50 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 16:49
@londonlad123

I think you have missed a vital point here which is i already own the E61 and have done for months now. What i stated was that i wouldn't buy a new device that doesn't have HSDPA can you see and understand the difference in that.

I actually sold my N95 and E90 as my health is decorating and i therefore don't really need what those devices give me as besides taking my dog out for 2-3 hours a day i am stuck at home. I had also reached the conclusion that i had a serious Mobile device addiction having owned 10 devices in only 14 months and decided it had to end so am going cold turkey on buying any new devices until the true E61 successor appears some time next year.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with my N95 it worked flawlessly and had no build defects at all. If you don't believe me PM Mutleboy and ask him as he bought and will confirm it's condition even after i had it for two months. The E90 is quite simply an awesome piece of kit and currently the most advanced and powerful Symbian smartphone without an equal or anything that even comes close.

But as i am retired it exceeded my requirements and also i was less than happy that it only had an E series Music player it could and should of IMO had the same player as the N95, shock horror i actually am criticising Nokia. so despite what some of you like to believe i buy my devices purely on what the offer me not by what badge they have and if and when i find anything i feel is wrong i criticize it irrespective of who made it and that is exactly as it should be. Defending any product just because of who made it is illogical and pointless. The only reason i tend to criticize SE so much is they are just so good at giving me so much to find fault with. The only thing i could criticize Ericsson on was not having the best looking devices but their quality and reliability were beyond reproach. It really is very sad the same can't be said for SE as whilst they may design some great looking devices their software and specs leave much to be desired.

Marc
Blackberry Bold, V4.6.0.214, 8GB SDHC, Pin2553F455
Honoured to have Won Best Debater for the 2nd Year
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 16:52
Please Dogmann, cant you just stop repeting yourself all the time????
You have made your point, and thats it

[ This Message was edited by: Tail on 2007-08-25 15:53 ]
sunking101
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 16:54

On 2007-08-25 04:16:48, Dextrr wrote:

On 2007-08-25 00:57:48, sunking101 wrote:
N95 slider fixed? You're having a laugh! My friend bought one LAST WEEK and the build quality is just as bad as the one I looked at a couple of months ago. The design & materials are exactly the same, how are they miraculously going to alter the build quality of the N95 without completely redesigning it??? It is built like a toy, end of. When Nokia start building the N-Series out of proper materials and to a decent standard I will have another look. Until then I'm a P1i user. NO, the build quality isn't perfect but it's ACCEPTABLE. The N95 isn't anywhere near acceptable to me. It's a crying shame because it's a great phone but in the casing of a cheap kid's pretend phone.

Is SE's super duper flagship "smartphone" P990i acceptable to you, sir? It sure has a solid feel and excellent quality materials, I'm not too sure about the software part or support?!

The N95's build quality is more than acceptable! It feels the same as my N73 which wasn't too shabby and served me well for almost a year.

I am eagerly looking forward for the BLACK N95 8gb, might be my next phone if the price is right!

I owned the N80 for 6 months. Dreadful build quality. I owned the N73 for 6 months. Dreadful build quality. I wanted the N95 real bad, researched it and went down to see one in the flesh - didn't buy it. Dreadful build quality. Now all three of these N-Series phones, on paper, were at the time/are great. All three let down by a toy-like build. Now either you don't mind the creaks/ wobbly sliders or you do. I'd say just less than 50% DO. They are more discerning. Some people are just happy to have a phone with great functions. I put build quality right up there as a no.1 priority. If it isn't built to my liking then I don't care what it looks like and what it does. If you think the creaking N95 with its truly horrid slide action and that the N73 with its cheap and thin plastics which creak and groan if you so much look at it are more than acceptable then I'd have to question how discerning you are. This goes beyond specs and features - the N73 is a cracking phone but it is let down, terminally, by the build quality.
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 16:59
@ sunking101

Yes, thats right. This is what I am talking about, the built quality. Its terrible on the N series, all of them. And even on the E series right now, just look at the E90

[ This Message was edited by: Tail on 2007-08-25 16:00 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 16:59
@Tail

Again start practicing what you preach as you are also just repeating the same thing again and again, i notice you have no valid response to my points and that what i am saying is wrong.

All you can do is try and shut me up by only saying that i repeat myself, but of course what else should i expect even you can't argue against the truth and just which part of i repeat it because they are still the same unresolved issues is just so hard for you to understand.

If SE fixed them i wouldn't have anything to say would i? but for now that's it post what ever you fell like saying as unless you insult me you just aren't worth bothering with and i shall just ignore your ramblings as worthless rubbish which they are. So just run away now like a scared little dog with your tail between your legs how apt your name is it really suits your lack of character and moral fibre.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-25 16:00 ]
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 17:04
As for you Dogmann, I just rest my case. You simply just cant understand. But please, keep on spamming on the Nokia vs SE and we will se how long it will last for you. No one will ever get you to understand the point I am saying. As for me, im done with you for now..... I just dont have the time
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 17:08

Oh please Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum get real you are just talking absolute rubbish now if these devices were any where near as bad as you make out they just wouldn't of sold in the numbers they do and Nokia would of gone out of business. Or do really think that anyone that doesn't buy an SE is that stupid. Just post away because the more rubbish you post the more ignorant you show you are. My N93 had the best build quality out of virtually any device i have owned, my N73 also had no problems and neither did my N95. My M600 on the other hand was the most horrid lump of plastic i have ever had the misfortune of owning and that's not even taking into account it's pathetic OS on release.

@Tail

Oh please just for once try and keep to your word and stop spamming my posts as every time i post it's you not me that follows me around and attacks what i say. That's what you are doing and it is getting very tiresome as besides constantly repeating yourself you don't actually post anything of any value to anyone all you do is try to stop me stating MO and that is never going to happen so give and go away.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-25 16:14 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic