Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Where's the Blogger app on my P1i ?

12  Next
Author Where's the Blogger app on my P1i ?
Yowzer
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 09:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi guys

Have rung SE 4 times and searched the forums, but still can't seem to find the correct answer as to where the Blogger App is. I've seen the icon in an article on My Symbian, and SE tell me it's a downloadable app from More Applications. I've looked and looked, but Free Applications only has the 1, Try & Buy Applications has just 10, Fun & Download just has ring tones and stuff, Application Shop has shed loads of apps to buy, but none are the Blogger app.

Is it me or am I missing something here? I can't live with my P1i unless I can photolog with it...

Steve
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 10:09
welcome to Esato

unfortunately its missing.

we've had a couple of discussions on this and I think the hope is that SE will include it in a firmware update
Yowzer
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 10:17
Ahhh, that'd be it then, thanks for your prompt reply, I await in anticipation...
brorzan
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-17 10:23
First I tried using the application from Shozu. It is available from Sony Ericssons website, listed under applications for P990i.
I didn´t like the way it worked - or did´n´t work - so I continued my search.

Now I use mail-to-blogger, and it works neat. http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=41452

I create an mms with pic, text and subject and send it to the mail-adress i configured in my blogger-account for every post I want to make.

Good luck!
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 11:20
@brorzan

That's not really the point though is it the Blogger app, VOIP and even H.264 support were all meant to ship as part of the feature set of the P1. Yet all of these are not there! and as usual no word from SE to explain why or if and when they would be added. Sorry but in MO that is straight forward misselling and not on Although no less then i expected from SE any longer they really need to sort them selves out as this is just not the right way to treat their loyal supporters yet again, shame on you SE.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-17 10:20 ]
Yowzer
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 11:40
I agree with you Marc, very misleading, and I'm very disappointed in the level of support from so called "P1 Experts" when ringing SE.

I've been told to do this, do that, but still nothing. I've even been told to download and reinstall the whole operating system from their website, and of course this didn't solve the problem either.

I don't want to waste another day trying to solve the problem.

Also brorzan I have been using the Mail to Blogger feature of Blogger from my E61i, however the Blackberry client I'm using on my P1i under Vodafone limits me on sending such emails as they are too large...unless you guys know a work around for these limits.

Thanks for your prompt reply and help guys. I'm unable to post here again today as I'm a new user and the system won't let me post any futher replies or topics until tomorrow.

Have a nice day

Steve

[ This Message was edited by: Yowzer on 2007-08-17 10:47 ]
phoneboy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 12:12

On 2007-08-17 11:20:26, Dogmann wrote:
@brorzan

That's not really the point though is it the Blogger app, VOIP and even H.264 support were all meant to ship as part of the feature set of the P1. Yet all of these are not there! and as usual no word from SE to explain why or if and when they would be added. Sorry but in MO that is straight forward misselling and not on Although no less then i expected from SE any longer they really need to sort them selves out as this is just not the right way to treat their loyal supporters yet again, shame on you SE.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-17 10:20 ]

Here we go again, SE bashing time again by Dogmann. It's getting boring now!!! lets all sell our SE handsets and go by nokia as they are so wonderful!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 12:20
its a perfectly vaild point that dogmann makes except that...

this application was only mentioned in the press release and initial white paper, both of which are subject to change.

there is no mention in the current P1 product specifications page on the SE site, nor in the manual.

SE are quite within their rights to change their mind from announcement to production, but in any case, it may yet come and in the meantime there are alternatives
brorzan
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-17 14:35

On 2007-08-17 11:40:17, Yowzer wrote:
Also brorzan I have been using the Mail to Blogger feature of Blogger from my E61i, however the Blackberry client I'm using on my P1i under Vodafone limits me on sending such emails as they are too large...unless you guys know a work around for these limits.

The workaround could be to use MMS instead of email. Most likely your operator allows you to send MMS to an emailadress. Just type in the emailadress instead of a mobile-number when you send the MMS.
brorzan
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-17 14:38
Dogman //

I´m so sorry I tried to help him instead of flame Sony Ericsson.

My mistake.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 15:12
@Phoneboy

Please show me anywhere i have said you should sell your SE's and buy a Nokia go on i dare you just once back up your pathetic claim with a fact. I am not going to praise SE when they get it wrong and if you consider pointing out what is wrong as flaming you seriously are in need of getting a life.

@all

Oh yes you are so right i should of congratulated them on doing such a great job on bothering to of not fixed things they already knew about being wrong and then not delivering what they said they would how incredibly silly of me to dare call them to task for being inept. I just don't know what i was thinking of LOL.

Some of you and your defense of SE irrespective of what they do is exactly why they continue with this attitude why bother spending time and money on delivering working products when you accept and congratulate them for not doing so.

The P1 bugs thread and all the other threads of the P1's missing or not working features in such a short time since release shows exactly what sort of quality products they continue to release and continues the wonderful reputation and experience of using UIQ, how very sad really and what's even sadder is that some of you just can't see it. You are then surprised at why only one Network has taken this device and why it's price for an alleged flagship device has fallen and no doubt will continue to do so. £500 on launch and already down to £300 odd stunning achievement well done SE. But don't worry I'm sure there will be a Firmware or 6 over the next 10 months that may fix most of it if your lucky.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-17 14:23 ]
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 16:38

On 2007-08-17 15:12:20, Dogmann wrote:

The P1 bugs thread and all the other threads of the P1's missing or not working features in such a short time since release shows exactly what sort of quality products they continue to release and continues the wonderful reputation and experience of using UIQ, how very sad really and what's even sadder is that some of you just can't see it. You are then surprised at why only one Network has taken this device and why it's price for an alleged flagship device has fallen and no doubt will continue to do so. £500 on launch and already down to £300 odd stunning achievement well done SE. But don't worry I'm sure there will be a Firmware or 6 over the next 10 months that may fix most of it if your lucky.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-17 14:23 ]

Marc are you really starting this again? You make it sound like SE is the only to mess up...and that implies you being biased.. again this is an SE forum so obviously SE users are going to find SE issues... WITH EVERY PHONE because no phone is perfect and we always expect more....

have you also read all the positive feedback about the p1i? or do you simple choose to harp on the bad things??? I have still yet to see a MAJOR BUG THREAD that needs to be addressed immediately.. the nusiance bugs are no different then the nusiance bugs found in my old n95.

[ This Message was edited by: DragonEye on 2007-08-17 15:43 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 16:49
I'm sure I never saw the P1i over £400 at launch. Even Expansys sold their first few at £399 but soon dropped to £370 in line with other online companies

these prices are generally not set by SE but by the online companies such as expansys, mobilefun, mphone, clove etc that sell them, and its purely because they know there will be initial high demand. I see most are still at that level though mobilefun have reduced theirs now to £325 so I expect otehrs will follow because of that... but thats just competition

I've just done a hunt around and cannot find them available for £300 except from HK on ebay where the chance of being hit by import tax is very high (as you point out in your E90 sale thread) thus making it considerably more than £300.

Indeed just today I have received a tax bill for my x1387 P1i purchase... and just when I thought I had got away with it! damn.. oh well...! but thats the price of wanting it before its available locally I guess...

I've read the P1 bugs thread and indeed can reproduce some of them if I try. But in general its working as well as my M600 was for my usage which includes phone calls, texting, email, data via 3g and wifi, music occasionally and video viewing once a week (Friday nights on the beer train home from work!)

back on topic though and I don't feel a great misdeed has been done if SE suggested at announcement that something would be part of the package but it wasn't when its available, as long as the actual product page describing the phone before its available describes the inclusions accurately. That way I know what to really expect
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 16:52
@DragonEye,

I made an honest comment on the current status as i see it based on facts and if all the SE Fan boys can't handle the truth well tough i am not going to praise SE when they clearly are not doing a great job, what possible reason reason should I?

If none of you can argue and disprove what i am saying is lies and can only resort to personal insults and name calling i will continue to defend what i say as MO, i will not tolerate abuse from people with little or no brains just blind loyalty.

If this upsets so many of you and you can't handle hearing the truth fine petition Masseur and Laffen and get me banned as i will not be silenced because the truth is upsetting to some. I'm just not that weak and have the courage and conviction that what i am saying is true. I am not rude insulting or abusive unlike many who feel it's OK to suggest i have said and do things i haven't and lie about them

If you succeed in getting me banned i wouldn't want to be here anyway as that is sorry state of affairs if people are only allowed to praise SE and an affront to Freedom of speech.

Where have i ever suggested it is only SE and as we are discussing the P1 what possible relevance does what any other manfactuer do have as always the answer is none. Yours is the argument of defeated intellect the only way to justify SE's wrong is others do it also. Can you not see just how totally absurd that is your logic is SE are not the only ones so that makes it OK, that's just so funny.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-17 16:54 ]
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-17 17:02
@Marc

lol i don't care to have you banned... i have no issue with you... it just seems you are exceptional hard on SE.... is there a reason you're not as hard on nokia or moto or whoever? Is there another forum where you roam that blasts nokia for all it's shortcomings and bugs? if so please share.. (i'm personsally very curious)

otherwise a lot of times.. the things you type.. are being interpreted as the following.... eventhough they may have truth to them

1)SE lies
2)SE releases unfinished and buggy products
3)if you keep waiting you can hope for a firmware that might fix it but it probably won't so you can wait for the next one...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
12  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic