Welcome to Esato.com


Pages:
12  Next

News Articles:

Related

Technical details:
• Sony Xperia A
• Sony Xperia Acro S
• Sony Xperia Advance
• Sony Xperia C
• Sony Xperia E
• Sony Xperia E Dual
• Sony Xperia E1
• Sony Xperia E1 Dual
• Sony Xperia Ion LT28at
• Sony Xperia J
• Sony Xperia L
• Sony Xperia M2
• Sony Xperia Miro
• Sony Xperia Neo L
• Sony Xperia P
• Sony Xperia S
• Sony Xperia SL
• Sony Xperia Sola
• Sony Xperia SP
• Sony Xperia SX
• Sony Xperia T
• Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
• Sony Xperia Tipo
• Sony Xperia Tipo Dual
• Sony Xperia TL
• Sony Xperia TX
• Sony Xperia U
• Sony Xperia V
• Sony Xperia VL
• Sony Xperia X Performance
• Sony Xperia Z
• Sony Xperia Z Ultra
• Sony Xperia Z1
• Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
• Sony Xperia Z2
• Sony Xperia Z3
• Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
• Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
• Sony Xperia ZL
• Sony Xperia ZQ
• Sony Xperia ZR
• Sony Ericsson Xperia Active
• Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
• Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo
• Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V
• Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
• Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro
• Sony Ericsson Xperia Pureness
• Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray
• Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
• Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini
• Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro
• Sony Ericsson Xperia X2
• Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

From the forum:

Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact Announced


Click to view updated thread with images




Posted by Tibagy


Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact Key Features:

- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

- 4G Network: LTE 700 / 800 / 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600

- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) Or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, Dual Stand-By)

- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band, DLNA, Wi - Fi Direct, Wi - Fi HotSpot, Bluetooth v5.0 With A2DP/LE/APT-X HD, NFC, USB 2.0 And Type-C 1.0 (Reversible Connector)

- GPS With A-GPS Support, Glonass And Beidou

- Dimensions: 129 x 65 x 9.3 mm

- Weight: 143 Grams.

- Display 4.6" IPS LCD HD (~319 PPI Pixel Density) With Triluminos Display, X-Reality Engine And Dynamic Contrast Enhancement And Corning Gorilla Glass 5

- 32 GigaBytes Memory Internal (UFS 2.1)

- Expansive Memory Up To 256 GigaBytes

- 4 GigaBytes Ram LPDDR4X (3.670 GigaBytes After The System Boot)

- CPU Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Kyro 280 Performance Quad Core 2.35 GHz And Kyro 280 Efficiency Quad Core 1.90 GHz
(SemiConductor Technology 10 nm LPE)


- GPU Adreno 540 (Octa - Core Graphics @653 MHz)

- Android 8.0 (Oreo) With Sony UI

- Office Document Viewer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint And Reader PDF)

- Camera Motion Eye 19.1 MP With EIS, Triple Image Sensing Technology And Led Flash

- CamCorder UltraHD (2160p @30 FPS) With EIS (5-Axis Stabilization) And Super Slow Motion HD (720p @960 FPS)

- 8 MP Front Facing Camera Wide Angle Lens With Auto Focus And CamCorder FullHD (1080p @30 FPS)

- FingerPrint Sensor Reader (Side-Mounted)

- FM Radio With RDS

- PS4™ Remote Play

- Stereo Speaker With S-Force Front Surround

- Active Noise Cancellation With Dedicated Mic

- IP68 Certified (Dust Proof And Water Resistant Over 1.5 Meter And 30 Minutes)

- Standard Battery Li-Ion 2700 mAh (Non-Removable) With Fast Battery Charging: 50% In 36 Min (Quick Charge 3.0)

- Available In White Silver, Black, Horizon Blue And Twilight Pink Colors


[ This Message was edited by: Tibagy on 2017-10-15 15:30 ]



Posted by Tibagy
Introducing Xperia™ XZ1 Compact – Experience More, In a Compact Size

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_LU9oZEKOo

Posted by doministry
Now I'm torn between XZ Premium and this one!

Posted by cableguy
So do you need noise cancelling headphones for it to work?

Posted by Tibagy
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact And XZ1 Hands On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdRXgA8IMA8

Posted by Tibagy
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact First Look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDG-pHtNtlI

Posted by goldenface
Massive thanks to Tibagy for this thread. I'd have done it myself but I still can't upload photos.

Posted by cableguy
Do people think the mdr-nc31e headphones from a z2 would work with xz1?
I.e use the phones dnc to cancel noise?

Posted by cableguy
Answered my own question
http://forums.hardwarezone.co[....]-wireless-speaker-5641478.html
Well I assume the audio on Xz premium and xz1c will be the same


Posted by profyler
No FM radio on XZ1C. Apple really made school...

No Bluetooth 5.0 in compact says this guy below, but 4.2. Sony website says 5.0 but can be a copy paste error again.
http://www.areamobile.de/hand[....]xperia-xz1-compact/testbericht

time to update the specs on the firt post
[ This Message was edited by: profyler on 2017-09-04 08:52 ]


Posted by pt020
Very tempting
I even think about the "pink" version...
The XZ is a very good phone but I used it only few month and went back to the Z3 compact because of the size...
But after 3 years the battery on the Z3C starts to drain faster...


Posted by badassmam
I'm also very tempted, its pretty much what I've been waiting for since the Z3 Compact. To me the pink looks more like red while the blue looks more minty green, I'll wait until I can see all colours side by side. My X Performance is holding up well so I'm sticking but it really depends on MWC because I'll get an idea of what the 'new' design will be like and by then the Compact will be much better value for money.

Posted by pt020

On 2017-09-05 08:59:27, badassmam wrote:
To me the pink looks more like red while the blue looks more minty green, I'll wait until I can see all colours side by side.

Will Not wait because with the pre order you also get a nice NC bluetooth headphones... what brings the phones price down
https://campaigns.sonymobile.com/wow/

Posted by badassmam
^
Thanks for the link! It definitely looks minty compared to the blue of the XZ1. Pink looks closer to red of the headphones than the light pink of the XZ1 so either that or the classic black.

Posted by pt020

On 2017-09-05 10:59:57, badassmam wrote:
^
It definitely looks minty compared to the blue of the XZ1. Pink looks closer to red of the headphones than the light pink of the XZ1 so either that or the classic black.

My last 4 phones were 3 white ... got board so got me the blue XZ ... did not like the color in real,back side was ok but front is ugly... so thought to go back to the white ... but this one is a mix of white and silver,on the black phone you see any dirt and the blue I did not like ... so I'm left with the pink/red ... but can't see me walking on the street with pink headphones ... so I am back to white for this moment.
luxury problems

Posted by goldenface


I'm drawn towards the blue, because of the issues you mentioned pt020

Posted by profyler

On 2017-09-05 09:06:25, pt020 wrote:

On 2017-09-05 08:59:27, badassmam wrote:
To me the pink looks more like red while the blue looks more minty green, I'll wait until I can see all colours side by side.

Will Not wait because with the pre order you also get a nice NC bluetooth headphones... what brings the phones price down
https://campaigns.sonymobile.com/wow/


Is there are way to know if you will have the headphone while pre ordering? I mean, its limit to 3500 headphone. How do i know i'll get one? Im starting to think i should pre order also...

Posted by goldenface
I would imagine they would have been snapped up by now. Wouldn't the headphones show up on your order confirmation? Can you not cancel a pre-order?

Posted by profyler

On 2017-09-06 07:34:34, goldenface wrote:
I would imagine they would have been snapped up by now. Wouldn't the headphones show up on your order confirmation? Can you not cancel a pre-order?



I dont think so. Only after the purchase you have to register at sony to gain the headphone. They dont say it until you pay for it. thats why I asked. Im honestly not sure though.

Posted by profyler
Distorition confirmed

Ive compared the pictures. Honestly, i see the distorition on XZ1 but i also see in Samsung too.
The only pic that is ridiculous for the XZ1 is the wall one. But the other ones are pretty much the same...
https://www.mobile01.com/news[....]ew-xperia-xz1-vs-galaxy-note-8
[ This Message was edited by: profyler on 2017-09-06 08:49 ]


Posted by pt020

On 2017-09-05 14:57:05, profyler wrote:

On 2017-09-05 09:06:25, pt020 wrote:

On 2017-09-05 08:59:27, badassmam wrote:
To me the pink looks more like red while the blue looks more minty green, I'll wait until I can see all colours side by side.

Will Not wait because with the pre order you also get a nice NC bluetooth headphones... what brings the phones price down
https://campaigns.sonymobile.com/wow/


Is there are way to know if you will have the headphone while pre ordering? I mean, its limit to 3500 headphone. How do i know i'll get one? Im starting to think i should pre order also...

Have no idea how it works,you should buy it from a shop that offers that deal... Here in the Netherlands you can buy it even at Media markt....
http://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/s[....]file=onlineshop&channel=mmnlnl
with my Z1 compact I got headphone,gave them away so do not remember the model ... with my Z3 Compact I got NC bluetooth MDR-ZX 750 BN (that I love and use until today)... with the XZ I got the the MDR-XB950bt bluetooth headphones (that I do not use because the sound is 3rd class) ...
I do not think it is limited to 3,500... it is limited in date ... everyone that will order it before september 24 will get one,thats what I think.
[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2017-09-06 14:31 ]


Posted by profyler

On 2017-09-06 14:59:08, pt020 wrote:

On 2017-09-05 14:57:05, profyler wrote:

On 2017-09-05 09:06:25, pt020 wrote:

On 2017-09-05 08:59:27, badassmam wrote:
To me the pink looks more like red while the blue looks more minty green, I'll wait until I can see all colours side by side.

Will Not wait because with the pre order you also get a nice NC bluetooth headphones... what brings the phones price down
https://campaigns.sonymobile.com/wow/


Is there are way to know if you will have the headphone while pre ordering? I mean, its limit to 3500 headphone. How do i know i'll get one? Im starting to think i should pre order also...

Have no idea how it works,you should buy it from a shop that offers that deal... Here in the Netherlands you can buy it even at Media markt....
http://www.mediamarkt.nl/nl/s[....]file=onlineshop&channel=mmnlnl
with my Z1 compact I got headphone,gave them away so do not remember the model ... with my Z3 Compact I got NC bluetooth MDR-ZX 750 BN (that I love and use until today)... with the XZ I got the the MDR-XB950bt bluetooth headphones (that I do not use because the sound is 3rd class) ...
I do not think it is limited to 3,500... it is limited in date ... everyone that will order it before september 24 will get one,thats what I think.
[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2017-09-06 14:31 ]



I pre order mine. But I will pay only after I receive it (setember 27)because I dont have bank account etc. I read the terms and im note sure if im eligible to get the headphone as i will pay for it only after the Aktion promotion.

Well, I'll see...

Posted by pt020


I pre order mine. But I will pay only after I receive it (setember 27)because I dont have bank account etc. I read the terms and im note sure if im eligible to get the headphone as i will pay for it only after the Aktion promotion.

Well, I'll see...

I hope for you but You should order it only from sites that have this deal... do not know if other shops have this deal or not.

Posted by profyler

On 2017-09-06 20:41:14, pt020 wrote:


I pre order mine. But I will pay only after I receive it (setember 27)because I dont have bank account etc. I read the terms and im note sure if im eligible to get the headphone as i will pay for it only after the Aktion promotion.

Well, I'll see...

I hope for you but You should order it only from sites that have this deal... do not know if other shops have this deal or not.


Yes. The shop has this deal (Saturn - Germany)

Posted by badassmam
Managed to get hold of the pink one and while the back looks red enough, the front under the glass looks more pink because of the reflectiveness. The black one looks lovely and deep, not a fan of white or silver devices anymore.

Posted by cableguy
I see clove.co.uk have SBH24 included with preorder


Posted by pt020

On 2017-09-09 18:48:46, cableguy wrote:
I see clove.co.uk have SBH24 included with preorder


The SBH24 costs 30$ (new sbh20 that was very good) and not 300 ...
Sony gives this one
https://campaigns.sonymobile.com/wow/ and it is even written that you can choose between the MDR X1000 and those.

Posted by cableguy
It costs 100GBP
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony[....]BTH-Stereo-Black/dp/B073X5JMRP

Posted by pt020

On 2017-09-11 15:18:45, cableguy wrote:
It costs 100GBP
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony[....]BTH-Stereo-Black/dp/B073X5JMRP



It costs 100BP for morons that do not know the official price yet...
I have 2 of the older version SBH20 and I paid for it 19.95€ (18BP).

Here you have the price history of the Sony SBH20
https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/341084/sony-sbh20-(zwart).html
p.s.
But anyway,if the Sony SBH24 is as good as the older version than you will be happy with it ... it has a very good sound and was the first BT headset I could connect to 2 different apparatus at the same time ... something even newer and much more expensive headphones I have can't.
[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2017-09-11 21:18 ]


Posted by cableguy
I noticed that the shipping time on my compact from Sony UK is down to 12 days now, so the 24 September

Posted by hboy857
Oh, great. I finally find out who to blame for Sony's dated design. Ladies and gentleman meet Akihiko Adachi,



he is the head of Planning and Investment, Sony Mobile. Basically what he said it that he didn't use bazeless screen tech because

1) He wanted to double down on dual front speaker. ( which isn't very loud even with 50% louder sound and doesn't produce impressive sound, the are ok at best ) Honesty that sounds like an excuse to me.

2) A structural reason that the camera parts of Motion Eye are placed so as not to overlap the display for thinning.

So he decided the phone needs to be thinner which makes the less room left for mothin eye camera parts. Wow, great decision . If only he could thought about keeping the same thickness we could may end up with a bazeless display or maybe with even bigger battery.

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/mobile/articles/1709/11/news067.html
[ This Message was edited by: hboy857 on 2017-09-12 10:55 ]


Posted by hboy857
Xiaomi is probably using JDI's full active display in their Mi Mix 2.
http://www.j-display.com/english/news/2017/20170619.html

The screen size, display tech and overall design certainly point to using JDI's tech. Huawei is probably also going to use the same display in their upcoming mate 10. So Sony had the chance to use the tech but they didn't and the lame excuses for not using the latest display tech from a company which they are a part of makes me super mad.
[ This Message was edited by: hboy857 on 2017-09-12 10:53 ]


Posted by HxH
To execute at this point, it was year long plan but JDI's full active display just made introduced around last quarter, and you guys expect them to change with all sudden. Are you nut or something?

Although, Sony has close relationship to JDI, still management and execute in timely manner isn't easy as pie.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2017-09-12 15:50 ]


Posted by profyler
5 days away from getting my XZ1 Compact and still no review...

Posted by goldenface
A nice article on the 3D printing service built into the new Xperias.

Xperia XZ1 Users Have Direct Access to Sculpteo 3D Printing Services Through 3D Creator



Posted by profyler
http://www.gsmarena.com/justi[....]compact_handson-news-27294.php

Hands on review only.
I hope the review comes until friday since im getting mine on saturday (hopefully)

Posted by XperiaJunkie
Very tempted in replacing my wife's Z5 Compact with this, will order from Clove and get in sent here to Oz so only works out at around £400

Posted by goldenface

On 2017-09-20 09:22:53, XperiaJunkie wrote:
Very tempted in replacing my wife's Z5 Compact with this, will order from Clove and get in sent here to Oz so only works out at around £400



What are you doing in OZ?

Posted by pt020
In a moment of weakness I ordered today the XZ1C in pink.
Will get it on Oct. 3 2017.
Just wanted to mention that it was sold out almost everywhere ...

Posted by goldenface
Ha ha. Well, don't forget to post pictures. I want to see how pink it actually is in real life and whether it's more 'red'.

Posted by XperiaJunkie

On 2017-09-20 13:36:22, goldenface wrote:

On 2017-09-20 09:22:53, XperiaJunkie wrote:
Very tempted in replacing my wife's Z5 Compact with this, will order from Clove and get in sent here to Oz so only works out at around £400



What are you doing in OZ?



It's where I live now mate.

Posted by profyler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=56&v=aYAKUDM7L0w

Note8 vs XZ1 low light video.

Posted by hboy857
Return of the battery life champion.
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_compact-review-1660p3.php

Well done Sony on the battery department. Finally a unique selling point for Sony flagship phone - Best in class battery life.

Posted by hboy857
Synthetic benchmark is also great
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_compact-review-1660p5.php

But what really stood out for me is their praise for the actual performance -
They mentioned how great a phone can perform in benchmark but shows lag and stutters in real world experience like the new Note 8 and other various flagship but not XZ1C.

"The phone runs SUPER COOL under peak performance, is capable of handling literally anything hassle-free, and offers amazingly smooth Android operations. Yes, the Xperia XZ1 Compact is probably the FASTEST phone right now no matter what some SCORE CARDS are telling you."

They also seem to improve the low light performance a bit. But still not the level of best flagship camera level. Hopefully it's a sign that they are working hard to improve.
[ This Message was edited by: hboy857 on 2017-09-26 08:07 ]


Posted by badassmam
Its actually a pretty good review and you can tell that they like it hence why despite it being near identical to the XZ1, they were much more in favour of the Compact. I just want some consistency (looking at you Phonearena) because this is most comparable to the iPhone 8 as opposed to something like the S8 so when you even out the bezel complaints and screen resolution you imagine that the Compact will get something like the 9.2 score because apart from the camera, the Compact has everything else on point right?

Posted by pt020
Got the first case for my future XZ1C
Gives me first size impression ... it is bigger than my Z3C ... +/- 4mm

the case itself is made from soft and hard plastic with a stand that you can remove

still waiting for the Sony Style cover touch.
got it from here and it comes in 4 colors.
https://www.knaldeals.com/pro[....]ged-hybrid-hoesje-rood-2035102
[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2017-09-27 17:12 ]


Posted by badassmam
Saw this in the shop at the weekend and was very impressed by it, it stands out in the sea of large phones. Those who have the phone have not had many gripes so far. Camera is a common thing that people want improved (low light, over-sharpening but no mention of distortion yet) and the software is a little buggy. My friends and testers are saying they get 2 full days with low to moderate use which is something I never expected to hear. The overall quality of the device is top notch, pocket-ability and materials are great. They say they wish there was more screen because the device size is perfect even if it is a bit fat. I really wanted to buy this on Saturday but it looked too outdated next to whack devices like the LG G6, I'm going to wait for the new design language and then decide, it's expensive and I'd be so gutted if the next Compacts were to come with a 5 inch screen in the same body size and that is really frustrating for me. Anyone wanting a small Andorid should definitely check it out particularly in the black because you get the impression that the screen is bigger than it actually is. Its also refreshing to use a small device with one hand compared to every other phone out there. Had this come with 1080p and HDR then it would've been the bomb, big XZ1 is getting no love and I don't see much point in that device unless you need those one or two features. While the like of the Note 8 have their wow appeal in one way, his has its own appeal so I would advise people to check it out particularly if you are lusting over XZ1 or S8.

Posted by goldenface
Thanks for that Badassmam. I like one handed usability of this device but like you say, it might be worth waiting for the new design language devices to appear early next year and if nothing tickles my fancy then this will have dropped in price a bit (I've already seen it for below £400).

Posted by badassmam
https://youtu.be/eeM5KZEZIYo

This is a top device no doubt but it really comes down to whether you like the design or not. The screen quality is excellent despite being 720p.

Posted by profyler
Got mine yesterday. Like it so far.
Obviously the camera distortion is just bad....


Pages:
12  Next
Click to view updated thread with images


© Esato.com - From the Esato mobile phone discussion forum