Welcome to Esato.com


Pages:
123 ... 195196197  Next

News Articles:

Related

Technical details:
• Ericsson R380
• Ericsson R520
• Ericsson R600
• Ericsson T29s
• Ericsson T39
• Ericsson T60d
• Sony Xperia A
• Sony Xperia Acro S
• Sony Xperia Advance
• Sony Xperia C
• Sony Xperia E
• Sony Xperia E Dual
• Sony Xperia E1
• Sony Xperia E1 Dual
• Sony Xperia Ion LT28at
• Sony Xperia J
• Sony Xperia L
• Sony Xperia M2
• Sony Xperia Miro
• Sony Xperia Neo L
• Sony Xperia P
• Sony Xperia S
• Sony Xperia SL
• Sony Xperia Sola
• Sony Xperia SP
• Sony Xperia SX
• Sony Xperia T
• Sony Xperia T2 Ultra
• Sony Xperia Tipo
• Sony Xperia Tipo Dual
• Sony Xperia TL
• Sony Xperia TX
• Sony Xperia U
• Sony Xperia V
• Sony Xperia VL
• Sony Xperia Z
• Sony Xperia Z Ultra
• Sony Xperia Z1
• Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
• Sony Xperia Z2
• Sony Xperia ZL
• Sony Xperia ZQ
• Sony Xperia ZR
• Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
• Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini
• Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro

From the forum:

Sony Ericsson X10 Official Thread


Click to view updated thread with images




Posted by rss_ndrsn
Photobucket
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2009-11-22 08:03 ]



Posted by moogoo
I'm so disappointed that it's not Android 2.0!!!



At the very least, I hope upgrades are possible and easy.

Posted by bronxdude
http://www.engadget.com/2009/[....]nced-we-go-hands-on/#continued

android 1.6

Posted by >500
possibe updates to 2.0... fingers crossed...

hardware would be able to handle it... of course...

Posted by Muhammad-Oli
After reading what was said, it looks like SE is going to have a more iPhone like attitude towards software updates, so Android 2 at this stage seems like a good possibility. In saying that though, don't get your hopes up because we all know how SE have been in the past.

I'm pleased with the X10. It didn't quite get up to the rumoured specs, but damn, it almost did.

Posted by moogoo
i was really hoping for android 2.0...

mostly because i am really impressed by google nav but it's only supported by eclair.

i am very happy that there's only one version of the X10 and it supports american 3G! YEA!!

does the "whats next" website work for anybody? i get redirected but the flash doesn't play...
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2009-11-03 05:12 ]


Posted by LRI
at first I was a bit dissappointed with it having donut instead of eclair but if you read trough the spec sheet SE has already incorporated most the new stuff in eclair into their version of donut. so 2.0 would be nice but not really necessary.

Hardware wise Im really pleased, Im so glad that they didnt have 32gb of internal memory cause that would just add to cost and be really annoying. 1gb of internal memory is more then enough with mem card prices being cheaper than dirt.

Posted by synn
It probably doesn't have Eclair yet because the DROID is a Google experience device and therefore would get all the OS updates first. The X10 is a customized version of Android and would get the updates later on.



Posted by Dups!
This is the usual disappointing SE! Seems like they just can't get it right at all, they just have to screw up somewhere! They are the ones who annoyanced that they will use Android when it is the second version and now this comes with 1.6. What a waste of my anticipation!

It is true that you have to leave a huge room for disappointment when it comes to SE. Well done on continuing the tradition SE.

Posted by synn
Dups: Do you see Sense UI or motoBLUR running on Android 2.0 yet?

Posted by Legen
I don't care wat people say. I likey! Now someone show us more

Posted by OffLineR
Releasing X10 with Android 1.6 might be because of Google.
I don't think this was plan.
2010 March could be the release date due to Android OS.
We should be patient about that.

Posted by >500
full spec list:

The Sony Ericsson XPERIA™ X10 at a glance

Camera

8.1 megapixel camera
Up to 16x digital zoom
Auto focus
Intelligent face recognition features
Geo tagging
Image and video stabilizer
Photo and video light
Send to web (photo and video upload)
Smile detection
Touch focus
Video recording
Recent shot tray
Music

Album art
Bluetooth™ stereo (A2DP)
Media player
Music tones (MP3/AAC)
PlayNow™
TrackID™
Web

Bookmarks
Google™ search (from standby)
Web feeds
WebKit web browser
Communication

Sony Ericsson Timescape™
Speakerphone
Vibrating alert
Messaging

Conversations
Email
Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®
Picture messaging (MMS)
Predictive text input
Text messaging (SMS)
Design

Auto rotate
Gesture control
Picture wallpaper
Touchscreen
Entertainment

3D games
Media browser
Infinite button
Video streaming
Video viewing
YouTube™
Organiser

Alarm clock
Calculator
Calendar
Flight mode
Infinite button
Office suite
Phone book with dialer
World clock
Location-based services

A-GPS
Google Maps™
Wisepilot™ turn-by-turn navigation* (free trial version)
*The service may not be available in every market. For more information, go to www.sonyericsson.wisepilot.com
Connectivity

3.5 mm audio jack
Bluetooth™ technology
Micro USB connector
Synchronisation
USB support
Wi-Fi™
Preloaded applications

Sony Ericsson Timescape™
Sony Ericsson Mediascape
Sony Ericsson Home with clock widget
Sony Ericsson Sync
Android Market™ Client
Gmail™
Google Calendar™
Google Maps™ with Street View
Google Media Uploader
Google phone-top search
Google search widget
Google Talk™
Google Voice Search™
Network Location Provider
Set-up Wizard
YouTube™
Screen

262,144 colour TFT touchscreen
4.0 inches
480 x 854 pixels (WVGA)
Scratch-resistant
Accessories
In-Box:

XPERIA™ X10
Battery
Stereo portable handsfree
8 GB microSD™ card
Micro USB cable for charging, synchronisation and file transfer
User documentation
Optional:

Hi-Fi Wireless Headset with FM Radio MW600
Car Charger AN300
Screen Protector ET902
Facts 1)2)

Size: 119 x 63 x 13 mm
Weight: 135 grams
Phone memory: Up to 1 GB
Memory card support: microSD™
Memory card included: 8 GB
Operating system: Google™ Android Donut, version 1.6
Processor: 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ QSD8250
Availability and versions

Networks
UMTS HSPA 900/1700/2100
GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
UMTS HSPA 800/1900/2100
GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
Available in selected markets in Q1 2010
Colour

Sensuous Black
Luster White

Posted by TJMonkey15
It's nice to have an phone to get excited about again!

Posted by moogoo
Having only android 1.6 may be because of google, true. perhaps google and moto have an exclusivity agreement that allows moto to release the first devices with android 2.0.

As long as we will be permitted to upgrade to android 2.0 i'm a happy camper.

Everything about the X10 is wonderful... and I can't wait to hold that gorgeous device. I can deal with without google nav for a short while...



Posted by synn

On 2009-11-03 07:11:30, moogoo wrote:
Having only android 1.6 may be because of google, true. perhaps google and moto have an exclusivity agreement that allows moto to release the first devices with android 2.0.



Again, this is because the DROID is a google experience device. Customized versions of Android would only get the update later on. Notice that the DEXT doesn't have Android 2.0 yet because it's running motoBLUR.

Posted by masseur

On 2009-11-03 07:07:52, TJMonkey15 wrote:
It's nice to have an phone to get excited about again!


I agree! and its the first SE for a looong time that has done that for me... now the wait....

Posted by Dups!
@synn

Do we have to get into it again? Fact is it was SE themselves who promised that their first Android phone would be with Android 2 and that is the whole issue for me.

And what the hell is Q1 2010? They are doing the same thing as with the X1/Satio by not committing themselves which means there is still quite a bit of time to go. They are doing what they do best, ie, keep the interest alive until someone like HTC drops a better phone in December or January.
Sad and disappointing.

Posted by >500
@Dups
when did themselves say it was going to be 2.0? Im not arguing your point. just asking because i may have missed where they have said this??

Posted by synn
Yes, I'd like to see a direct quote of an SE employee on the matter too.

Dups: It's only a matter of time before Android 1.6 devices get the 2.0 update. If HTC, Samsung or Motorola get the Eclair update for their CUSTOMIZED handsets BEFORE SE, you have a case. Till then, nothing much.

Q1 2010is EXACTLY what it sounds like. Q1 2010. I'd rather have a bug free, fast handset in my hand in february (Which is the timeframe that some insiders have unofficially confirmed) than a half-baked one in November. Your mileage may vary.
[ This Message was edited by: synn on 2009-11-03 06:30 ]


Posted by tonyitalian
yeh it really is nice to see a phone that is exciting again! im gna get one as soon as its out, and i really do hope that the upgrade to 2.0 is allowed! what do u guys think abt the color? wats better? black or white..?


Posted by >500
and the 'whats next' page is now official x10 page:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/c[....]obilephones/overview/xperiax10

Posted by tonyitalian
also a thing that really matters to me for touch screen devices is the on scree keyboard... hope the x10 has a good one!
i haven't come across a single touch screen phone that has a good keyboard...one that you can use for fast and frequent sms/email typing ....

Posted by Dups!
@>500 and synn

Peter Ang, the vice president of SE's marketing actually said that. I'll look for the link and post later as I'm driving to work now.

Posted by synn
Dups! I'll take your word for it.

That notwithstanding, there is NOTHING that says that the X10 won't get the Eclair update. (HTC confirmed the update for the Hero, which has far inferior hardware) Hell, we aren't even sure if the retail version would still be shipped with Android 1.6 or get updated to 2.0 before shipping date. I'd say that they need to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Posted by Supa_Fly

On 2009-11-03 07:14:53, masseur wrote:

On 2009-11-03 07:07:52, TJMonkey15 wrote:
It's nice to have an phone to get excited about again!


I agree! and its the first SE for a looong time that has done that for me... now the wait....



Same here!

What I really love is this:
1. The XPERIA™ X10 supports GSM GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS HSPA 900/1700/2100 and UMTS HSPA 850/1900/2100
^ About TIME that its a world release! By the time this is released in Q1 of 2010 it'll have some competition; however also note that Android 2.0 will be available and SE internal engineers (software) will be hard at work making this work.

2. Intelligence capabilities, integrated into Mediascape and Timescape™, can automatically recognise connections between contacts, content and media. By recommending alternative ways to communicate or guiding to new media experiences, consumers can discover more in a truly open way. For example:
• Pressing the new infinity "button guides" you through the connected world, aggregating all your interactions with
one person in one view
• Intelligent face recognition features recognize up to five faces in any picture, automatically connecting them to
your social phonebook and all other related stuff communication with that person.


That Intelligence is going to be HUGE! If you like metadata searching on Mac OS X in Spotlight ... its possible this could be it on a mobile device.

Now ... for full release of Sony's media over wireless for those of us outside of the European & Asian nations.




Posted by masseur

On 2009-11-03 07:46:23, Prom1 wrote:
snip...
That Intelligence is going to be HUGE! If you like metadata searching on Mac OS X in Spotlight ... its possible this could be it on a mobile device.


you mean like we already have on iPhone
although not quite to the extent described for the X10


Posted by carkitter

On 2009-11-03 07:17:37, >500 wrote:
@Dups
when did themselves say it was going to be 2.0? Im not arguing your point. just asking because i may have missed where they have said this??


Here is an article where SE mentions Android 2.0

I am still very keen on this phone, the final decision has more to do with price and first impressions from the UI than anything else. I'm also keen to see what other UX devices are coming as 8.1Mp is unnecessary for me (but nice to have).

Posted by ^^HAMID^^
No multi touch input?
262 kc what a shame!
and what about the video frame rate and capturing size?


Posted by Supa_Fly

On 2009-11-03 07:48:12, masseur wrote:


On 2009-11-03 07:46:23, Prom1 wrote:

snip...

That Intelligence is going to be HUGE! If you like metadata searching on Mac OS X in Spotlight ... its possible this could be it on a mobile device.



you mean like we already have on iPhone

although not quite to the extent described for the X10



Indeed! Tuché my friend.
Looks like Threaded messaging is a LOT cleaner on this device - which I still cannot stand (the concept). I'm VERY curious how managing Contacts [Phone #'s, Email Address, Physical addresses, phone extensions - office lines, etc are going to be kept organized with all the cloud mashups happening. Also with editing/deleting specific field data. Add to this the MS Exchange Server and multiple Exchange accounts.

PS: Has anyone found the official battery for this??

Posted by synn
PS: Has anyone found the official battery for this??


Same one as the X2.

Posted by synn
...but Sony Ericsson do expect to offer more consistent, long-term updates to their “smart” devices from now on; the X10, for instance, will eventually get an update to Android 2.0.


http://www.slashgear.com/sony[....]l-hands-on-video-demo-0262527/

Posted by Supa_Fly
Ok ... I vote we NEED a new X10 Avatar. Chop Chop
(kidding on the choping).

Posted by rss_ndrsn
Official promotional video of Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPw-yKyxAuU
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2009-11-03 07:18 ]


Posted by Supa_Fly

On 2009-11-03 08:15:51, rss_ndrsn wrote:
Official promotional video of Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGB_nsYycNU


Already seen it 6hrs ago - on my iPhone (Bodeh6 posted this in the former thread on Rachel).

However,

http://www.engadget.com/photo[....]ounced-we-go-hands-on/2412817/

Hands-on photos REAL world: looking good Rachel ... strut your stuff.
Also looks like TV-Out is there.

pay specific attention to this slide:
http://www.engadget.com/photo[....]ounced-we-go-hands-on/2412844/

UX Platform Layout.

[ This Message was edited by: Prom1 on 2009-11-03 07:22 ]


Posted by Dups!
@carkitter

Thanks, that's the one.

@synn

As for the date (Q1 2010) of release, I have a problem in that SE tends to anounce products that are far behind the schedule because they are being pushed by the market thereby releasing these products quite late claiming but that is our initial release schedule.

Yes, manufacturers tend to announce prototypes but prototypes that are near finished. This too early an announcement is actually harmful to them in that the interest dies down quicker and people move on to other released products. They should cut down on their early leaks so as not to be under too much pressure to release.

Them releasing this as 2.0 I don't think so. They need to rewrite the software for Android 2.0 which will take a bit of time since this is slow SE.

Posted by Tsepz_GP
WOAH! Thats a sweet phone! sounds like the UI is going to be fantastic! I just wish it had atleast 8GB or even 16GB built-in memory, but otherwise this thing is an absolute powerhouse. Wonder how much its going to be? Should i start looking into organ doning and grand theft auto?

Posted by rss_ndrsn
^It's for the other people who has not seen it yet.

Posted by Haribolman
So now I ask myself, what happened to the idiot who posted the "now obviously" fake brochure of the X10 specs on youtube?

According to that document, the phone was meant to have 32 gb on board with and 1080p.

All I can say is he no longer has ANY credibility and will never be believed again!!

Posted by Supa_Fly

On 2009-11-03 08:22:28, GUCCI.011 wrote:
WOAH! Thats a sweet phone! sounds like the UI is going to be fantastic! I just wish it had atleast 8GB or even 16GB built-in memory, but otherwise this thing is an absolute powerhouse. Wonder how much its going to be? Should i start looking into organ doning and grand theft auto?



1GB of Memory (unsure if this is storage or RAM).

Some key points to consider:
* Multi-Touch: Is the hardware capable to support this?! Will Android 2.0 port enable this?
* Because this is a platform - UX - as mentioned many components we've seen the the UI are deep into the OS. Someone already mentioned that this may take time for SE. Then again most of it is open-source. Right now nothing about X10/UX Platform is listed on SE's Dev site. It better be there soon - lots of specific themers out there that want a piece.
* PlayNow Arena is available in only 6-8 Country's. This affects me and a few other fans on this site as members and many more that frequent to see updates. The spec's state this can go worldwide (via specific bands for HSPA) - but if I needed software/hardware support SE Canada (in my case) can do nothing for me. It would cost me over $60 to ship it to the UK with insurance (up to $600CAN) and if it goes missing, my insurance claim would take me at least 30days to verify the unit and order it at the same amount it was shipped at or cheaper, again delays.

So releasing this worldwide on announcement day would NOT be a good thing for . However I do hope a few areas of support would change to increase other locations where this device is certified and will be shipped to.

Any specified carrier deals announced yet?!

Posted by >500
@Prom1
regarding multitouch... this is a post from another forum:

"quote:
also, Donut doesnt support multi-touch, or does it??

officially: no, unofficially: partially

http://androidandme.com/2009/[....]oes-indeed-feature-multitouch/

2.0 (Eclair) has full multi-touch support, 1.6 (Donut) doesn't officially, but the APIs are partially there and can be enabled via some hacks so apparently some Hero roms have some level of multi-touch thing going.

If the X10 is based on 1.6 though, then I'm sure SE would stick to the standard API and design their UI enhancements to be single touch. Maybe the next version of the UI (or UX as they're calling it) will go to town with full customization and full MT, but again, I'm guessing we won't see this till the second half of 2010"


Posted by rss_ndrsn
I noticed on the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 product information page that it does not say anything about FM radio. Does that mean it will not have built-in FM radio? Can someone confirm this?

Posted by moogoo
i don't think the product page is 100% complete yet to be honest. There seems to be a lot of little things missing. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets added to/edited over the next few months.

Posted by Legen
Gsmarena have published a preview of the phone. Check it out

click here

[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2009-11-03 08:16 ]

Posted by XPHCTOC

On 2009-11-03 08:35:02, Haribolman wrote:
So now I ask myself, what happened to the idiot who posted the "now obviously" fake brochure of the X10 specs on youtube?

According to that document, the phone was meant to have 32 gb on board with and 1080p.

All I can say is he no longer has ANY credibility and will never be believed again!!



According credibility to a 15years old kid?
[ This Message was edited by: XPHCTOC on 2009-11-03 08:13 ]


Posted by sambouka
This is amazing

Link text...



Posted by Hiron
On SE product page:
16.536 color screens...

Is this a mixture between 65.536 and 16.7M color? Or maybe at the middle on 262.144?

Looking at the video, at least it has 65K color...


Hiron

Posted by sealover94
i hope too much on this phone and SE dissapointed me once again..

16k for 4.0 inches no multitouch and no oled screen?
android 1,6?? I want to believe an Android 2.0 udate but i don't think so...
And what about HD capabilities??


Posted by etaab
I wouldnt say im disappointed due to the specs of the phone, some are a bit dubious, but it does seem a little.. overhyped.

If i was really into this phone as are a great many of you, id probably be very disappointed about now. As for the kid who overhyped the specs, the true specs come as no surprise. Still looks very nice though.

Posted by sealover94
The contrast is bad..and full of finger prints!!





Colors are BAD...and single touch!! Such a waste of 4 inches!!

And the plastic looks not so good to me...

[ This Message was edited by: sealover94 on 2009-11-03 09:32 ]



Pages:
123 ... 195196197  Next
Click to view updated thread with images


© Esato.com - From the Esato mobile phone discussion forum