Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with Cycovision

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
123 ... 222324  Next
Author On the Couch with Cycovision
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-24 20:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Many of you may remember the excellent 'On the Couch with ScotsBoyUK thread', where Esato legend ScotsBoyUK interviewed various members and posted their answers to some light-hearted and, in some cases, probing questions.

Well, after some negotiation, I'm proud to announce that his thread is back, only this time with a new presenter! I hope that you enjoy this thread and I would just like to say; be on your toes! You could be next on the couch...

List of interviews in chronological order

fatreg
procterdc
Sammy_boy
Cycovision
Miss UK
JoJo
alexandra
ofiaich
Dogmann
---------------------------------

I'm joined on the couch tonight by one of Esato's most active and best-loved members. He's been a regular contributer to Esato for several years and he was the proud recipient of the 'funniest member award' in the 2006 Esato Awards. Please welcome, fatreg!

Fatreg, welcome to the Couch! I'd like to begin by asking you, How did you find the Esato Website?

My mate showed me the downloads for the T68 that were here, and working at a phone store at the time, I just had to register (didn't know it'd end up taking up half my life!)

How or Why did you choose your username?

ahhh get comfy... easiest answer is, I'm fat and I'm called reg, unfortunately that's not the case. If you spell fatreg backwards you get gertaf, now if you put ro on the end you get, gertafro or gert afro, gert means big, and an afro well you all know what one of them is, back in school I had a fascination with afros, hence the name fatreg, it's been my nickname sine 1997 and those of you that know me, know that fatreg is my name on everything, if I can't have fatreg I don't join... so that's a little warning to peeps out there... if you're wanting to make a website and don't want me on it, ban the username fatreg.....

What were your first impressions of Esato?

Honestly? ermm.. I thought jees you are all a bunch of geeks, little realising that one day i would turn into one of these geeks! it was some help I needed with my P800 that got me posting I think, some Orange questions came up so I answered them and one thing leads to another and look where I am now.. top 20 poster and all I post is drivel! and I don't even own an anymore!

How easy was it for you to become part of the community here?

With certain members about it was a doddle, back in the day I remember annoying mixin and dazbradbury and other names that escape me, but things change and people move, but people come along and luckily I've met some wicked people here.

Who are your favourite Esato members and why?

This is simple! - My wifey! (Haynesycop) and why? she is wickedly good fun, always managed to make me smile and is an all round good egg.. but her aside as I'm a liltle biased towards her..

In no particular order, my fave members are:

Leeboy13, Burgaz, Cycovision, Scotsboyuk, Masseur, jcwihite_uk and PeterKay and god knows how many other people I've missed

What has been your best Esato moment so far?

Winning funniest member 2006 (thanks people) - i really don't know why people think I'm funny. I'm only fatreg, I post what pops into my head and bang... but hey, if it makes people smile so be it!

And what has been your worst Esato moment?

doing my disappearing act I did 15/16 months ago when my life went a bit topsy- turvy.

What do you think the future holds for Esato?

I'm hoping a lot more fun, a lot for friendship and a lot more phones!! I hope people take heed from those that have fallen before them and don't fall at the same hurdle.

If you could be Laffen for a day, what would you do?

I'd mod me up in the non mobile and garbage section, everyone knows they are my home, other than that.. I'd still have 23 hours and 58 mins to play with.. I would probably be really mean and post lots of fake announcements in relation to new phones.

You've told us in the past that you used to work in the mobile phone industry. Did you enjoy it and why?

I loved my 6 years working at a fruit coloured company, but all good things come to an end, and it was time for me to move on and pursue my dream to be a surveyor, but I loved working with phones as I used to be able to offer help and advice on a whole range of phones, not to mention the cheap phones I used to get!

You're clearly a very active Esato member. What keeps you coming back?

The mix of people and the variety of chat we get here, for a mobile related forum, I don't think I've posted anything remotely mobile related in ages! (whooops!)

Which mobile are you currently using?

ermm.. Don't shoot me.. a BlackBerry 8700

Which mobile are you most looking forward to?

I'm very tempted by the P1i, but I'm afraid the BB 9xxx makes me positively salivate!

Finally, is there anything you'd like to say to the other members?

Esato will move on, people come and go, people fall by the way side and some go AWOL, but I know what you good people of esato are all about and you all know that if there's a laugh to be had, I'm there! so do me a favour and pop on over and join on in the laughter.. not aiming this at anyone of you, but there are a few members that IMO need to take a chill pill... Esato is a place for relaxed chat and discussion, let's keep it that way

something my ex told me that is so true:

Smile people, its beautiful!

And that about wraps it up for tonight! Ladies and gentleman, let's here it for the one and only, fatreg!

In the next episode, I'll be chatting to another of Esato's long-standing members. A true non-mobile discussion stalwart and funny guy, procterdc!

[ This Message was edited by: Cycovision on 2007-12-20 17:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Cycovision on 2008-01-28 08:44 ]
procterdc
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-24 20:47
Here here *applauds*
It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward - Rocky Balboa
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-24 20:49
Excellent stuff cycovision, and well done Fatreg for being first on the couch, looking forward to more.
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-24 20:59
Awsome show cyco!

Would be very intresting to here doggman or tranced on the show!

I would have them in mind for a future one

[ This Message was edited by: KingBooker5 on 2007-08-31 17:37 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-24 21:00
Ah the old couch ... I'm glad to see she has been given a new home and is once again entertaining and informing Esato. I wish you the best of luck Cycovision and perhaps you will get more out of some of the moderators than I did!
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-07-24 21:09
@cyco: great one.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-24 21:11
Thanks all, glad you enjoyed it And a special thanks to scotsboyuk for agreeing to let me do this. He put a lot of hard work into his original 'On the Couch' thread, I just hope I don't let him down!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-24 21:16
Excellent, the return of a very interesting and fascinating thread!

Interesting interview with Fatreg there

So, who's next on the couch then?
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-24 21:19
PM's will be going out tonight! As soon as I have replies, the next victim will be announced
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-24 21:32
I'm sure you will do a fine job. The first interview looks to be very good.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Ridahz
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-24 21:33
Wicked thread! Bookmarked! Woo
Ridahz Feedback +29 -0
Titanium Trader
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-07-24 21:53
Ah, how great to see one of my favourite threads revived. That old couch must have been a bit dusty!

I would probably be really mean and post lots of fake announcements in relation to new phones

I'd definitely think twice about that one if I was you

Great stuff!

fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-07-24 21:56

On 2007-07-24 21:53:59, goldenface wrote:
I would probably be really mean and post lots of fake announcements in relation to new phones

I'd definitely think twice about that one if I was you

i think it over 3 times and be like, sod it! Se P84004700i coming soon!
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-24 21:58
Cyco whens your next show? And more imortantley, who with?
A L 3 X
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-24 22:09

On 2007-07-24 21:58:55, KingBooker5 wrote:
Cyco whens your next show? And more imortantley, who with?

On 2007-07-24 21:19:13, Cycovision wrote:
PM's will be going out tonight! As soon as I have replies, the next victim will be announced

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 222324  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic