Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with Cycovision

Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 222324  Next
Author On the Couch with Cycovision
deluded
C901 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-12-07 15:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Great interview there!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-07 16:53
Thanks everyone

And a special thanks to ofiaich for taking so much of his time to produce such wonderfully interesting and entertaining answers. I really enjoyed it
Evil Eye
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2007-12-10 15:21
it was Great

[ This Message was edited by: EviL EyE on 2007-12-10 14:21 ]
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-12-10 15:23
Great interview. I love you.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-12-10 23:59
The BEST-matured discussion so . . . FAR !

@cyco - I hope that you can REALLY get: laffen for a: year-cap-interview . . . and his PLANS for his BABY in - 2008 [addsig]
paul101
G502
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-12 21:35
sooooooooo...

who's next?

meths?
I don't wanna sleep
I don't wanna dream
'cause my dreams don't comfort me
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-12 22:01
Christmas specials next! Something a little different
paul101
G502
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-12 23:27
^^ like?...
I don't wanna sleep
I don't wanna dream
'cause my dreams don't comfort me
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-12 23:40
Several things! Some interesting and entertaining, some just downright daft and funny...

And I've just had another big name agree to do a regular interview so we'll probably get that one in beforehand too if I stop being a lazy git
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 23:41
Ah, a Christmas Special? Now this would have to be someone big.
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-13 17:35
I am delighted to have with me on the couch today another of Esato's technical wizards who not only has the knowledge; he has a truly unique approach to sharing it with us. He's been here for quite a bit longer than his Esato profile would have us believe yet he's still one our more enigmatic members. Ladies and gentleman, please join me in welcoming the winner of the best debater award in the 2007 Esato Awards, Dogmann!

Dogmann, welcome to the couch! So, How did you find the Esato Website?

I really can't remember most probably was searching for something to do with Ericsson or SE.

What were your first impressions of Esato?

I loved it as it was a place where people both shared my love of Ericsson and SE devices and my passion for mobile devices and Mobile Data.

How easy was it for you to become part of the community here?

Well this is actually my second user name and i can't even remember what my first name was, so i had to create my current name on my return to ESATO.

Now i am no longer working i have more time and am able to post more as i am happy to share both my knowledge and opinions so find it quite easy really and of course enjoyable.

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself? Are you working / studying at the moment?

Well I'm 47 have been involved in Mobiles and Mobile Data since pre launch in 1985, my main area of interest is Mobile Data and i am both pleased and excited at where Mobile Data has got to and the potential of what it is evolving into.

Unfortunately i have been retired since 1999 due to ill health but my obsession with Mobile Data runs deep through my veins.

Do you have any hobbies or interests other than mobile phones and technology?

Yes one true obsession which is the Dobermann and Protection training in particular it is amazing to see a dog working as intended by the creator of this breed and the things it can achieve in protection of it's master and family. This also what gives me my user name as is a combination of Dog and Dobermann and a nickname given to me by friends.

I also enjoy Texas No Limit Poker and Backgammon and good food is another passion especially Japanese.

You have a very methodical and accurate writing style here on Esato. Is it just in your nature or is it a discipline that you had to learn for some reason, for example work or college?

Well it's very nice of you to say so but it is just the way i am so i would say just my nature definitely not due to training or work experiences.

Were you surprised to win the 'Best Debater' category in the last Esato Awards?

Shocked would of described it better stunned as well as sometimes i used to think i was really hated by nearly all here, but now i can appreciate this can't be true.

Who are your favorite Esato members and why?

Well from those that are still among us

Boba well just because he is Boba.

Sapporobaby as we tend to hold very similiar opinions and views on most things.

Icka as i have learnt a lot from him re Music encoding and again we tend to share similiar opinons.

Mib1800 again we seem to have the same or similar opinions on many things.

Max Wedge as although we tend to disagree we at least can usually debate and understand each others viewpoint without it getting out of hand well at least now a days we can.

plankgatan and Nightblade because they just make me laugh.

I am sure i have missed many members that i interact with but this list would just go on for ever if i tried to name them all

What has been your best Esato moment so far?

Being honored with Best Debater in last Years awards.

And what has been your worst Esato moment?

Being Banned for 3 days.

What do you think the future holds for Esato?

I think the future looks good as it appears there are now more members and more importantly they actively post and join in debates.

If you could be Laffen for a day, what would you do?

I'd recognise the fact that although originally the site consisted of just Ericsson and SE fans time has moved on and it is now a Multi manufacturer Forum and either create or allow other Avatars. As whilst i would imagine most of us still hold Ericsson or SE in special regard it's just not realistic to only stay with one manufacturer exclusively.

Which phone(s) are you using now?

Currently a Nokia N95 8GB and the first time i have had just one device and there really is nothing else i want just now.

And Which phone(s) are you looking forward to?

The next generation of devices using the OMAP 3 chip or similar and that have support for 7.2mbps HSDPA.

Finally, is there anything you would like to say to the other members?

Just that there is no perfect device or OS for everyone and doubt there ever will be and we should all be able to appreciate that simple fact. What is best or perfect for you doesn't mean it is for anyone else and there is nothing wrong with having a favourite brand but to preclude anything else for it is self defeating IMO.

Also as it is this time of Year i would like to wish all members of ESATO A very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Thanks for joining me on the couch today and a very merry Christmas and Happy New year to you too! Ladies and gentleman, lets hear it for Dogmann!

Well, if the stress of Christmas shopping doesn't tire you out too much then please join us again for a feast of festive fun in the 'On the Couch with Cycovision Christmas Special', coming to a web browser near you soon!
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-12-13 17:39
woot woot....

tres bien!
djtwistter
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-12-13 17:40
this one was nice can you try and get axxxr to do one
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-12-13 17:41
Eees niiiice, yes?
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-13 17:43
Thankoo peeps!

@DJ

I would indeed like to interview axxxr but the fact that he's banned isn't going to make it easy and apart from that, I don't think he likes me very much!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 222324  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic