Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with Cycovision

Previous  123 4 ... 222324  Next
Author On the Couch with Cycovision
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-25 14:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Jolly good stuff!
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-25 15:01
Another fascinating interview!

I'm glad this idea's been resurrected!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

jmash
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-25 16:34
Yo Cyco,this is a great thread I've ever found on Esato.
BIG UP!!!
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-07-25 16:41
I Pm'ed you
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-25 18:35
Excellent stuff very "parkinson-esque".........

Bring on George Michael
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2007-07-26 00:25
Cracking interview cyco, job well done, loving this thread!
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-26 01:14
Sweet. The couch thread is back. Bout time this was done again as there's been a lot of new members since Scotty finished the last one
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-07-26 01:20
@cyco - Congrats matey ! I hope you'll get to INTERVIEW one of the OLDEST-participating-still, member here: Ofiaich . . . Aside from laffen, of course ! [addsig]
Evil Eye
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2007-07-26 05:02
Nice interviews guys!
I hope miss uk, jojo and masseur will be on the couch soon...
i-mate K-JAM and Windows Mobile Discussion Thread
Proud owner of Samsung Galaxy Pro, i-mate K-JAM & Nokia N81
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-07-26 05:17
Im awaiting the questions send me by tomorrow cos ive time then Cyco
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-26 19:03
Joining me tonight is a member who can safely be described as one of Esato's greatest assets. He's helped countless people with their mobile phone problems and his technical prowess is matched only by his friendliness and dedication to the forum. Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome, on his second visit to the couch, Sammy_boy!

Good evening Sammy_boy! So, how did you find the Esato Website?

Now you're asking me, best go back into the mists of time.... It was when I was just getting into phone fixing and bought a damaged T610 which someone's dog had chewed. I managed to fix it and loved the phone! Think I found the Esato site after googling for phone info, and Esato was the first forum I ever joined!

What were your first impressions of Esato?

A very helpful but informal place, very friendly people and some interesting and funny off-topic threads!

How easy was it for you to become part of the community here?

It was made easier by people being very welcoming and friendly, and hopefully by answering others' queries that helped me integrate too.

You seem to post predominantly in the technical and mobile-specific forums. What drives your passion for technology?

To be honest I'm not entirely sure - though I do seem to like taking things apart to see how they work - especially mobile phones! Though I've resisted the urge to take apart more pricey things just in case I can't get them back together again!

In your profile, you mention that you work as a psychiatric nurse. What made you persue that particular career and do you enjoy it?

I am very interested in the human condition, what makes us tick, perhaps like phone fixing but with humans I guess! Though I am having a few second thoughts about it, I'm more introverted than I thought and wondering if I should have gone into something more technical.

You are undoubtably one of Esato's most helpful members. Why is that? What, if anything, do you get out of helping others?

Most helpful? But I've never won an Esato award! Only kidding, I do enjoy helping others, and passing on what experience I have with regards to phone repairing or problems.

Who are your favourite Esato members and why?

Hmmm, probably Scotsboy, Bobafett, Whizkidd, Fatreg, Goldenface.... oh and you of course!

What has been your best Esato moment so far?

Probably my original T68i experiment thread, where I managed to turn a T68i with a faulty mic bought for £5 into £145 which I bought an XDA 2S for a couple of years ago! I need to start another of those threads off, I had to abort my second attempt due to a lack of money, but will try again soon, maybe try to make a cheap phone into a T650i or K850i!

And what has been your worst Esato moment?

Only been involved in one or two flame wars (one of which was over Vodafone branding a couple of years ago!), but perhaps the phase I'm going through at the moment. I'm going through a bit a crap at work, and have some issues with myself, and haven't been posting as much as I used to.

What do you think the future holds for Esato?

Good question, probably more of the same! The phone news, reviews, debates, info etc. And of course the off-topic threads, where people can talk about (almost!) anything and get to know each other. Just a bit less of the 'fanboy' flame wars though, which there seem to have been a lot of lately!

If you could be Laffen for a day, what would you do?

I'm actually a moderator over on SE-NSE at the mo would you believe! I would hire a couple more moderators - not that Masseur's not going a good job, he is, I just think he could do with more support, this forum must be a big task to moderate 24/7 for basically one person! Also to cover different time zones too. But don't ask me who, as I'm not sure!

Finally, is there anything you'd like to say to the other members?

Yes, please don't bicker and fight over what phone maker's best, those 'fan wars' no matter who you like are rather tedious and lead to bad feeling. Let's all just get on better, and indulge in our mutual passion for phones (:se: and otherwise) and gadgets! And Axxxr - I miss your news and funny little nuggets that you used to post!

Thankyou Sammy_boy! I'm sure many members would like to join me in a round of applause for all of the hard work that you have, and continue to, put into Esato. Let's hear it for Sammy_boy!

Next up is a member who represents a rather small minority within the Esato forum: She happens to be a lady! Back on the couch by popular demand, I'll be catching up with miss uk right here in the next episode of 'On the Couch with Cycovision'. Don't miss it!

[ This Message was edited by: Cycovision on 2007-07-26 21:08 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-26 20:12
Top stuff Sam! An enjoyable read.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-26 20:15
Scot, why did you decide to leave the couch?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-07-26 20:31
Brilliant, its just like Parky
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-26 21:58
Cheers for the interview Cyco!

Though I don't think I deserve all the praise you heaped on me!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 222324  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic