Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > On the Couch with Cycovision

Previous  123 45 ... 222324  Next
Author On the Couch with Cycovision
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-26 22:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well I think you do and I know for a fact that others think that way too

Thanks for taking part!
Sir-SonyEricsson-man
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-26 22:15
ohh i remember i was on the couch one time
Sony Xperia 1 II, Xperia 5, Huawei P30 Pro
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-26 22:35
@KingBooker5

I felt I had taken it as far as I could. I would only ever do one more interview, but the person I want to interview has always said no, thus I am a spectator now. The couch is in good hands by the looks of things though.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 01:15
procterdc has suggested here
that maybe I should sit on the other end of the couch to be interviewed by another member.

So, is anybody up for it? Would anybody care to interview me or more, importantly, would anybody care to read the answers

Let me know via PM
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 01:19
Cyco is Masseur particpating with this?
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 01:20
@Cyco.

I think you know the answer to that question yourself.

Tons of people have picked your huge brain over the years, it's be nice to have a role-reversal for a change.

Edit: Maybe Scotty could make a Cameo appearance.....

[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2007-07-27 00:22 ]
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 01:22
I can't disclose any information regarding future interviewees other than the name of the next person to be on the couch! Sorry for being a spoilsport
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 01:27
That means no then
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 01:31
Not necessarily...
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 01:36
we can only but watch this space then
dude_se
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 02:46
good interview the sammy boy
makes good reading

dude_se
10 +'ve feedback's, 0 -'ves
---------------------------
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 13:18

On 2007-07-26 22:15:10, Sir-SonyEricsson-man wrote:
ohh i remember i was on the couch one time

Me too

Ah the memories
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 13:21

On 2007-07-27 01:19:45, miss uk wrote:

if scotsboyuk couldn't get me I doubt cyco will

I'm the one that got away!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-07-27 13:39
What Ho all! I am pleased to be back on the couch to bring you an interview with the man who brought the couch out of retirement. He's a veteran of Esato; someone who has contributed a great deal to Esato and who has helped many a member. Today I chat with him about how he sees Esato; who of yesteryear he misses and what inspired him to take take up the interviewer's mantle. I didn't have the pleasure of interviewing him the last time I sat on the couch so this time around I have the honour of introducing Cycovision.

I'd like to start with a question of personal interest to me if I may. How are you finding the couch and doing the interviews?

Very comfy, although it could maybe do with re-upholstering! Seriously, It's terrific fun and very interesting. There are so many members here from all over the world and the couch provides a great way to get to know them a little better.

What inspired you to resurrect the couch?

I was bored and looking through some old posts in the 'India reloaded' thread a while ago when I noticed govigov's list of 'on the couch' interviews on the first page and it jogged my memory. I remembered how much I personally enjoyed reading the interviews and thought maybe it was time to make the thread active again somehow.

Who would you most like to get on the couch?

It's a terribly unoriginal choice I guess but it would have to be Laffen. I'd love to know what it's like to own a site as big and popular as Esato.

I had a bit of a difficult time in interviewing some of the moderators; one or two didn't say much. Are you planning on interviewing the moderators and if so how will you try and get them to open up a bit?

I'd like to interview the moderators very much although I can understand that they may be duty bound not to reveal too much about their work within Esato. I'd like to know more about them personally though, such as their real life jobs, other hobbies and interests general 'what makes them tick' kind of thing. Maybe some of them might be up for that?

Your PC help thread seems rather popular and I don't think it would be an understatement to say that it has been a roaring success. Is that your main focus on Esato these days, and what other interests keep you active here?

It certainly keeps me busy although it's not the only reason I come here. I enjoy the non-mobile discussions very much and I keep my eye on the symbian phone forums, themes,ringtones and games forum and other manufacturers forum. I'm always looking for info and downloads for My P990.

Your repair computers in real life and I wonder if perhaps you wouldn't enjoy not doing that on Esato too?

To be honest, I probably wouldn't visit Esato as much if I didn't try to help people with their computer problems! I really don't mind it at all because I'm one of those lucky people who's job is also their hobby. I've been tinkering with computers since I was about 8 or 9 years old and I can't see me stopping in the foreseeable future.

You've been a member of Esato for some time now; how has the site changed over the course of your time here?

I think it's become much more diverse in terms forum content. When I joined, there wasn't as much discussion about other manufacturers and non-mobile related stuff. The 'themes, ringtones and screensavers' thread was very popular and the discussion was generally much more focused on SE phones.

What's been your favourite Esato moment so far?

I've been dreading this question because I have so many! Haynesycop creating the 'Cycovision PC Help Thread' was obviously a big milestone for me but other than that, some of the crazy non-mobile threads such as 'The Esato Gay Bar' and the 'Bored on a Saturday night and stupid hats thread' stick out in my mind!

What's been your least favourite Esato moment so far?

I don't really have one to be honest, although I hate seeing flame wars. Esato is a great community and I hate to see it split apart over often trivial things. It's happened several times in the past and I hope it never happens again, although I guess it's an inevitable part of forum life unfortunately.

If you could change any one thing about Esato what would it be?

Sticky my PC help thread? Seriously, I like Esato the way it is. Maybe allowing members their own avatars providing that it's strictly moderated would be nice, although I understand Laffen's reasons for not doing this.

Who is your favourite member?

I'm not telling lol! I have regular contact with too many members to have a particular favourite, although the likes of fatreg, burgaz, leeboy13, haynesycop, miss uk, nanu, batesie etc. always seem to cheer me up!

Are there any members who no longer visit Esato who you miss?

There certainly are! I sorely miss methylated_spirit and DJCreamz since I used to have a good giggle with in in the non-mobile forums. And I'm glad to see you back here posting again too!

On the subject of members who have left; have you ever been tempted to leave yourself, even if only temporarily?

Yes, there was a time a while back where a certain member kept sending me childish, nasty PMs about the help thread and other things. I didn't report it since it didn't go on for very long but it did knock my confidence a bit, and I considered just not visiting Esato anymore. Unfortunately for you lot, I stayed lol!

Anything you would like to say to Esato?

Keep up the good work everyone! A forum is only as good as it's members and Esato is one of the friendliest, most interesting and entertaining forums out there. Well done everyone!

My thanks to my guest Cycovision, both for giving a super interview and for affording me this opportunity to relive my couch days. Please visit the thread again when Cycovision will be interviewing more Esato stalwarts on the couch!

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2007-07-27 17:51 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-07-27 13:54

On 2007-07-27 13:21:56, masseur wrote:

On 2007-07-27 01:19:45, miss uk wrote:

if scotsboyuk couldn't get me I doubt cyco will

I'm the one that got away!

Yeah you'd freak out during the egg and spoon race if there was that around here lol

I can't see why not.. I understand about your photo though
the less people know of you the better thats what it sounds like to me
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 222324  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic