Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sorry guys, SE blew it!

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 161718  Next
Author Sorry guys, SE blew it!
mobse
W850 white
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 00:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-01-02 22:43:24, mweb6161 wrote:
what frustrates me, is the apparent lack of ambition by SE at the higher end of the market, i held off buying an N95 for a year in the hope of something remotely competitive by SE being introduced in that market sector, man i'm not immortal, but it seem's like i might have to live to pensionable age to wait for SE to present an all round winner for around £400

Very well said, funny and sadly quite possibly true.

Cheers for that mweb6161 and get a grip SE.
Erotomaniac
K770 Bronze
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 01:18
On 2008-01-03 01:14:41, Erotomaniac wrote:
I just don't see who you're aiming this at - I "did my research" and walked away from SE, to the open arms of HTC,

Yeah obviously you didn’t. First, that was in no way pertaining to your decision to buy from another brand. I was not saying that YOU did not make your research when you bought your phone. Second, that particular statement of mine was a reaction to what you said about testing being difficult coz most stores are less inclined to let you test their wares which is your reaction to what I said about needing to test phones first before buying them. If you cannot physically or actually test a product then look for information elsewhere. That was all I was saying with that particular statement.

It's not careless,

Its not? Look at what I said, I said “IF THAT’S ALL THEY’RE GONNA BASE THEIR DECISION ON”. Put emphasis on “IF”.

and its not the only factor in anyone's decision either,

Yes I know, hence the “IF” word.

and its not the only factor in anyone's decision either,

but for some, especially for “brand loyal” peeps, this is the only factor. Now before you misconstrue this statement, what I mean by “brand loyal” people are those who buy ONLY from ONE brand regardless of the quality of their products and regardless of better products from other brands.

You've given a very confused criticism, on the one hand getting annoyed with people for having no loyalty to SE, and then getting on your high horse about brand loyalty being wrong in the first place.

Who said I was annoyed? Check my posts again dude. I never said anything about being annoyed. I am annoyed now though with you coz that’s the second time you have put my statements out of context.

they're simply people who bought SE phones when they were good, and haven't bought them since. If there's something wrong with that then please, explain...

That’s not wrong. Did I say that’s wrong? In fact, I believe that’s basically what I was “preaching”. Buy products from a company when their products are good, and don’t buy from them if their products aren’t good. Which is what “not subscribing to brand loyalty” means right?

[ This Message was edited by: Erotomaniac on 2008-01-03 00:19 ]
Sony α
T650 Green
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-03 01:33
Guys,

Everyone saying 'Bring back Ericsson' - do you not realise that Every single Sony Ericsson phone is in fact Designed, engineered and tested by Ericsson AB??

With exception to the S700i, which was engineered primarily by Sony. So everyone here who is Anti-Sony, think again - its Ericsson who are producing our beloved Sony Ericsson phones...
Sony Alpha.

imaging.like.no.other
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 01:34
Hi all,

I think it is quite easy to see that most if not all of us like SE and previously Ericsson and if SE continued as they used to be none of these type of threads would even exist. It is SE's fault for no longer delivering the quality and innovation we all expected and loved from them and until such time as they get there house in order and deliver what we desire many of us will no longer purchase SE devcies and to expect us to keep buying them when they fail to deliver makes no sense why should we.

As soon as SE return to delivering the quality and innovation we all want i and it appears many others will buy SE again, which simply means all the gains they made over recent years are now going too waste and there sales and profit will continue to decline until things change.

All we can hope is that the new CEO is able to effect the changes that are needed and once more we can return to buying devices from what was our favorite manfactuer to remain loyal and buy second rate devcies makes no sense to anyone but SE. Hopefully the P5 and 2008 will see a return to the good old days at least i hope so.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-01-03 00:34 ]
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-03 02:05
1 phone on its own can't bring back a hole company.
if ericsson AB tests the phones, then they under orders by the leading guys at SE, meaning Sony. and i don't think ericsson is all for SE paying for the useless sony branding.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 10:33

On 2008-01-03 01:18:14, Erotomaniac wrote:
Yeah obviously you didn’t. First, that was in no way pertaining to your decision to buy from another brand. I was not saying that YOU did not make your research when you bought your phone.

But I ask again, if not me then who are you talking to? Because I'm one of the people in this thread who did consider themselves "brand loyal", but jumped ship in 2007. I'm part of the generalised group you started off attacking, and then "advising".

Second, that particular statement of mine was a reaction to what you said about testing being difficult coz most stores are less inclined to let you test their wares which is your reaction to what I said about needing to test phones first before buying them. If you cannot physically or actually test a product then look for information elsewhere. That was all I was saying with that particular statement.

So who doesn't do that? The previously brand loyal people in this thread who chose to ditch SE? I don't think so.

You seem to be arguing in a circle.

Its not? Look at what I said, I said “IF THAT’S ALL THEY’RE GONNA BASE THEIR DECISION ON”. Put emphasis on “IF”.

But my point is, nobody does use brand loyalty as their only deciding factor. You've no reason to suggest otherwise. This whole argument (your argument) sprang up in reaction to the fact that "brand loyal" people had left SE - well if loyalty was the only factor, that couldn't possibly have happened, could it?

but for some, especially for “brand loyal” peeps, this is the only factor. Now before you misconstrue this statement, what I mean by “brand loyal” people are those who buy ONLY from ONE brand regardless of the quality of their products and regardless of better products from other brands.

You mean, those "brand loyal" people you've invented, who don't actually exist? I mean, none of what you say there is borne out by the "brand loyal" people in this thread who have left SE, is it? You're arguing about some other fictional group of "brand loyal" people who don't appear to exist - what's the point?

Who said I was annoyed? Check my posts again dude. I never said anything about being annoyed.

So when you said this :

"What I would like to point out on this thread is all the people who keep saying they're leaving SE because it failed them in 2007.

I just hope you are not as narrow-minded as you sound. You claim your loyalty was not rewarded by SE so you jump ship. How is that described as loyalty?
"

You weren't annoyed with anyone then? You certainly sound annoyed.

I am annoyed now though with you coz that’s the second time you have put my statements out of context.

That almost annoys me; I've simply countered your own conflicting statements, no more and no less.

[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2008-01-03 10:07 ]
JiSm
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-03 14:37
Any who have sold mobiles before know that people come in wanting "another Nokia" or "another SE" and until they get a bad run, wont change and heavily rely on marketing to steer them in the right direction - like sheep. Maybe 5% actually research into what model etc and dont rely purely on the product knowledge of the sales person. When you consider the proportion of "us" who actually get right into our phones etc versus the actual amount of sales done by each manufacturer (Dogman had posted some incredible figures in another post) our little gripes about camera quality, battery etc dont mean jack. It applies to electronics in general and it wont be for many years to come that EVERYONE will research their options. We are the minority in the mobile world and untill that shifts, I wouldnt expect any manufacturers to change their stripes in production cost (materials/development) vs Profitability. The other thing to consider is that these mass millions of people who get a phone, will get a new one in 12-18 months and probably for free. Do they really care about all these little things? Is the fact that these subsidies exist affecting the product we see on the market? This is a consumer market and mobile phones unfortunately are the most 'disposable' form of electronics available.

IMHO carriers should abolish subsidy, making people invest true amounts of money into product, causing them to do substancial research and inturn making manufacturers address these little gripes. Our comparisons and arguements about whats better etc help the tiny percentage of people that "research" their options but I highly doubt it affects the decisions of the manufacturers, regardless if they read these or not.

Thats my opinion anyways. All I know is in NZ, on Vodafone you pay full whack for a phone. You dont then give a rats about what the sales person says as you need to find out for yourself to protect your investment.

Sorry if my rant annoys anyone. It makes me sad is all that what we use is probably 200% inferior to what could actually be available if the vast majority didnt just point at something, get it for free and do it again in 18 months.

Any response welcome!

"Back in the land of the long white cloud!"
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2008-01-03 14:53

On 2008-01-03 01:33:34, Sony α wrote:
Guys,

Everyone saying 'Bring back Ericsson' - do you not realise that Every single Sony Ericsson phone is in fact Designed, engineered and tested by Ericsson AB??

With exception to the S700i, which was engineered primarily by Sony. So everyone here who is Anti-Sony, think again - its Ericsson who are producing our beloved Sony Ericsson phones...

This interesting as most people are under the impression that its Sony that 'holds the biggest sway' over the JV when the reality is Sony has only been responsible for the few Japanese-engineered devices (W900i/S700i).
Erotomaniac
K770 Bronze
PM
Posted: 2008-01-06 03:40
@boing

nah, I wasn't annoyed when I said. Actually, I was in a fatherly mood that time. heehee

here, maybe this thread would interest you:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=161593&start=0

BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-06 03:42

On 2008-01-03 01:33:34, Sony α wrote:
Guys,

/// makes the hw, thats all... design, fw etc is up to se
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
tomjsmith000
S700
PM
Posted: 2008-02-27 00:21
Are different SE phones built in different factories?

Such a huge difference in quality between K850i and other SE models.

I remember one of my first phones was a Sony J5 and at the time it was ace and had fantastic built quality!
kunder
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-10-29 07:27
I have used Alcatel, 3 Nokia, 2 Samsung & 1SE (750Ii) phones. Currently i own P1i and am pleased to say that Sony Ericsson phones are the best from my experience of about 10 years of cell phone usage. I encountered software crash twice so far in Nokia phones that led to loss of stored data. Sony Ericsson is a confluence of 2 best technology companies. Sony is best in Sound & Photography whereas Ericsson is the best in phone architecture/networking and you get a fusion of European+Japanese technology. P1i though a year old still mesmerizes me with its advance capabilities in Music & Photography, Internet browsing with WLAN, e Book programs, 3D games, touch screen, its seamless hang free/crash free performance & most important the battery life. Accessory like HPM-90 (high end ear plug based hands free with high end neodymium magnets & Oxygen Free Copper cables) with this phone is the best to happen to mobile music for hi-fi music affectionates. My next phone would be probably P5i and hope SE remain for long delivering bang for every buck!! My only concern being in India is that their after sales & services suck as it is outsourced and is handled very badly with too few service centers.
gtr83
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-10-29 16:28
@kunder
If you're into P1i then you should consider X1. At least it's one of those moments where SE proved they didn't blew it (all the time).
Dextrr
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-10-30 00:13

On 2008-10-29 16:28:21, gtr83 wrote:
@kunder
If you're into P1i then you should consider X1. At least it's one of those moments where SE proved they didn't blew it (all the time).

SE or HTC?!
thecell
K700
PM
Posted: 2008-10-30 04:01
its a SE device, SE designed it and all thing in it was made by SE order. HTC only manufactured it.

This case same like when SE make their lowend phone like j-series, i forgot the company name that made SE lowend phones
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 161718  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic