Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Brand loyalty!

1234  Next
Author Brand loyalty!
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-25 21:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Esato has a reputation for being supportive of Sony Ericsson, and quite rightly so, i have had an SE phone in my collection since the T68 and i am quite happy with the W950i & W880i that i own now.
The w960i & P5i bode well for future purchasers too, however, it never ceases to amaze and annoy me as regards the number of people who have abandoned SE and now spend all their time slagging that brand off.
Loyalty is a dirty word nowadays, would you forsake your favourite football team because they had a few bad results or had a bad season, i should bloomin well hope not!!.
I always laugh at the newbies who purchase the latest whizz-bang device at 500 and in their opinion EVERYBODY elses choice of phone and brand sucks, the mobile market is like the tide, it ebbs and flows constantly to and fro in favour of a variety of manufacturers.
So i raise my glass to all the SE stalwarts on here in the knowledge of great times past, and great times that lay ahead.
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-25 21:14
with you on that one mweb.

Loyalty is king.

Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-25 21:43
Hi all,

Well sorry but you are both completely and utterly wrong and i have never heard such rubbish for ages, yes there is nothing wrong with brand loyalty but as a consumer it is completely and totally counterproductive to limit your choice of devcie by one brand and to preclude all other devcies just for a badge. Remembering of course that most of us pay for our devcies and the support we receive for them.

I am pretty sure over the last 20 odd years i have owned used and tested more devcies from Ericsson and SE than most and there was a good reason to. As for most of that time Ericsson and then SE offered and continued to offer the best and most innovative devcies where quality and reliability were a given as was support.

But from the release of UIQ3 to date things have changed and not for the better and until such time as things return to how they were and should be i for one will not return and i am not alone in this view either.

Now if you or others believe this makes me traitor or any other such nonsense that is just ridiculous but your opinion. I think i am just a smart consumer and buy what suits me at the time and from company's that give me the customer service and support i have paid for currently this is something that SE are failing to do and until it changes i will not buy an SE devcie again. Hopefully under the new CEO and the launch of the P5 things will once more return to how they were and should be.

Responding to the Open letter and the 10 questions Mizzle forwarded would be a good start as i am eagerly awaiting both of these and if there just reamins silence that will not be a good sign to me.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-25 20:43 ]
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-25 21:53
First things first Dogmann, i ALSO have TWO Nokias in my portfolio too right now, Your quite correct in saying that you ought to buy whatever suits your needs from whatever brand you may feel fits it.
Where you (and others) tend to lose the plot is as follows, just because CERTAIN SE models are disappointing (K850etc), you make the basic mistake of throwing the baby out WITH the bathwater.
Each SE model has merits and demerits, inanely tarring them all with the same brush is something you in particular are world class at.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-25 21:58
i have to agree with the first poster.
loyalty is nothing anymore these days. Loyalty to brands, friends, relationship, country, race, ... its hard to find these days.

I have always sticked to ericsson and SE, sure i have tested many phones from other brands, max 2weeks. But i prefere the SE phones because they are much better in most ways.
Like said brands can go up and down. SE is abit down these days, the reason is that they didn't read the things we, I said and requested on esato. 2008 might not be their best year, but 2009 might get them back on the right track (less S more E).

It is a fact that their is alot of competition on the market, which is good. But many people have become blind. With so many new gadgets comming out in so many designs, people are forgetting to think before they buy something.
for example: the N95, we all new the battery was going to suck bigtime, but many bought it, and many sold it within a few months because the product didn't live up to their expectation.
the iphone: overhyped design phone, its droped quite alot in price, its a good phone for people who never had a good smartphone, but people who've had experience with symbian and linux should know better.
same as samsung: a brand made up by its design and high prices. having a samsung makes some people feel big, they are bling, on top of the world. But nothing can be further from the truth. Samsung phones are way overpriced, lack good basic things, like good UI, battery life, ringing and vibrating at the same time, working ir, ...

don't try to want things that aren't ready yet, i was once like that, i once held a working prototype phone that was far more advanced that anyphone we have on the market today, and that was 6years ago!
Waiting 6 years for something that never came is frustrating.
Its better to just go with the flow on the normal level, don't buy surtain new high end phones with tones of new stuff ofwhich you know that aint going to work.
Stick to SE, in terms of high end and mid level phones they know what they are doing, and you get quatily, unless SE goes for design like the S500
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-25 22:24
@mweb6161

As you know i only use smart phones and as far as smart phones go SE has not moved forward since they launched UIQ3 having more than 4 shortcuts and adding the much needed Ram only means things are as they should of been on launch.

I am not saying and never have said that they are rubbish devcies just not good enough for what i want is all and as it's my money and choice as to what suits me best my call to make. Loyalty is something that is earned not a given and lets be honest who wants to be loyal to a company that sees fit to end support on less than a year old device that than expects you buy a new device that fixes the problems they can't or won't be bothered to fix in the original devcies.

They still use the same Nexperia chip and no HSDPA and this is why they have nothing that i am interested in and there attitude and support are the other points i have a problems with.

Again i have never told anyone not to buy SE or to buy a devcie from any other manufacturer if they fulfill the users needs then of course they should buy them but buying just because they come form one manufacturer and no other reason is totally illogical IMO.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-12-25 21:27 ]
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2007-12-25 22:37
my opinion buy whatever suits your needs i ve no brand loyalty as businesses are out to make profit and i m out for getting the best product at the best price.
as a result i buy what i need and if one company can provide it or cant do it properly i ll buy from someone who can
i kind of laugh at brand loyalty as what loyalty do the brands show you do they come to your house and clean your phone or load the software onto your computer or clean the screen when it gets finger prints on it ?
or do they release a phone then a few months later release the same phone in a different colour with one extra feature that could have been in the one you bought.
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-25 22:53
I would agree with Mweb... but am currently using an N95!

I have done for quite a few months now, it fits my needs perfectly, I've not tried the P1i so can't comment on that but can't see my changing from the N95 any time soon!

I've not left the fold though, got an identity-confused K810i in a K800i fascia which I am a big fan of and also won't be selling soon.

I don't like to tie myself down to one brand, though in the case of I have a big bias towards them, though doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to be 100% loyal (like in the case of my N95!)
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-25 23:53
I am proud to be a fan, having bought phones exclusively for myself since 2004. I've dabbled into other manufacturers this year but I have to say has the best range of phones that suit me!

When purchasing a BT headset this year I considered nothing other than despite the fact that accessories are almost impossible to find here in NZ, and was rewarded with the same high quality product I've come to expect with thier Mobile phones.

My wife purchased a Videocamera this year and we chose to look exclusively at Sony products and are very happy with the DVD handycam she bought.

I still look closely at other manufacturers products like the iPhone and N95, but would be much more inclined to purchase if these came from

Unlike Dogmann my focus is feature phones; Smart phones don't interest me at all. I especially like Walkman/Multimedia features and make do with whatever camera is included. And after several years of saying it, you still can't beat the UI which IMO is the most important part of the phone.

UI + MyPhoneExplorer + great features + great accessories keeps me loyal.

New Zealand - Hosts of the 2011 Rugby World Cup

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-12-25 22:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-12-25 22:56 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-12-25 23:57
I've got about as much brand loyalty as a cheap hooker...

If one manufacturer can't do what I want I'll look elsewhere hence why I'm on a blackberry (well when it's not at repair) and until I can get a phone with BB support, wifi and GPS I'm going no where!
Trev1982
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-26 00:57
I'm with Fatreg on that one, if someone else can do the job better i will go to them simple as.
BB 8120
CookiCrumble
W660 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-26 00:59

On 2007-12-25 21:12:18, mweb6161 wrote:
Esato has a reputation for being supportive of Sony Ericsson, and quite rightly so, i have had an SE phone in my collection since the T68 and i am quite happy with the W950i & W880i that i own now.
The w960i & P5i bode well for future purchasers too, however, it never ceases to amaze and annoy me as regards the number of people who have abandoned SE and now spend all their time slagging that brand off.
Loyalty is a dirty word nowadays, would you forsake your favourite football team because they had a few bad results or had a bad season, i should bloomin well hope not!!.
I always laugh at the newbies who purchase the latest whizz-bang device at 500 and in their opinion EVERYBODY elses choice of phone and brand sucks, the mobile market is like the tide, it ebbs and flows constantly to and fro in favour of a variety of manufacturers.
So i raise my glass to all the SE stalwarts on here in the knowledge of great times past, and great times that lay ahead.

I completely agree 100%
Mizzle
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-26 01:05
Agreed!

But hope you don't call me a newbie, because I do buy those expensive ones
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-12-26 02:01
There are PEOPLE (also) that who will STICK-it-OUT with their fave brands no matter WHAT (poor brand quality, expensive, out-dated, out-moded etc. etc.) . . . come HELL or HIGH-water ! . . . that's what I CALL . . . BLIND-loyalty ! [addsig]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2007-12-26 02:13
I agree with Dogmann, as a consumer i'd rather spend money on a device that suits me. WTF CARES ABOUT BEING "LOYAL" TO A BRAND??? You are only kidding yourself! Ive had a SE W800, W900, W880 and ive used P1 and W960,the 1st two we're great and gave me high expectations of SE, THEN i got the W880 and was like WTF IS THIS THING!?? And got given a Nokia N80 and instantly loved the Symbian s60 OS and at the same time got to try the P1 and W960 i liked them but not that much THEN NOKIA introduced Ovi with Ngage, Music Store etc. . . And announced the N81 and N95-8GB and i knew from then what brand realy suits me and is looking after its customers. Now i have a N81 and from the exciting and fun experience with it/on it i look at SE and think THERES NOT ONE SONY ERICSSON ON THE MARKET THAT CAN MAKE ME THIS HAPPY. So i DON'T support brand loyalty.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi