myspace.com/scorpionking1982
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-12 01:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-07-12 00:28:40, Nebbs wrote:
did'nt bother at all with the cd supplied with the phone?? Gonna have to investigate this!! anyone else having this problem or is it just me??

Use the CD. For some reason the downloadable drivers don't install properly from the website.

You can use file transfer mode and the PC should just set up as an ordinary USB flash drive (skip the request for the K800 driver and it will work). For the other stuff, you'll need the CD before PC Suite works properly.
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
Mstill
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-12 11:30
If u have an alarm set and make/receive a call, when u hang up it shows the alarm time on the left and the right (above the date).

Not that it's a problem.
mephisto2k
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-12 11:58
Quote:

On 2006-07-11 23:14:08, JoolsG4 wrote:
For some reason my K800 doesn't seem to recognise its own phone number.

Even though I have an entry in the phone book for myself, including the mobile number, if I send myself a text message, the phone only displays the number - not my name.

Anyone else have this problem? (well, its not much of a problem as I don't send myself many texts! I was just testing out the phone when I got it!)

Works here...
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-07-13 22:09
Anyone else got an unresponsive joystick combined with the UI slowing making the options simply not move?!
sblim82
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-13 22:30
I've got a few gripes:

1) it crashes (white/black flashes) every time i disconnect the handsfree after listening to the radio - but doesn't do it after listening to music player.
2) it crashes (freezes) when trying to load pictures in facewarp
3) it crashes when composing text messages over 5 long
4) i keep getting the whistling from the radio too!
5) the buttons are really noisy and fiddly. I'm finding it hard to text now, had no probs with the w800 though.

it's going back to o2 at the weekend because i want a replacement, fingers crossed!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-07-13 22:35
1) it crashes (white/black flashes) every time i disconnect the handsfree after listening to the radio - but doesn't do it after listening to music player.
I haven't experienced this and I listen to the radio ALOT... more than I do music in fact

2) it crashes (freezes) when trying to load pictures in facewarp
Following the facewarp thread from today I've been playing with this quite a bit today and have also not experienced any problems like this

3) it crashes when composing text messages over 5 long
can't comment... not much of a texter (I prefer emails!)

4) i keep getting the whistling from the radio too!
yep, my unbranded has this from time to time. the O2 K800 I had was more like morse but in the unbranded its a high pitch whistle

5) the buttons are really noisy and fiddly. I'm finding it hard to text now, had no probs with the w800 though.
I guess its a matter of taste. I like the tactile feeling from the K800 buttons!
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-07-14 08:34
I) I have also noticed the the spontaneous reboots (screen goes white, then black, then the phone reappears again, searching operator), and they can occur at any time when you "do" something with your phone, e.g. select a new song in the music player, open address book, start a java prog etc.

II) As I have written about in another thread on Esato, the email client cannot send mail using swedish Telia's SMTP server.

III) Another problem I have encountered is that it says "Insert your handsfree" when you start the radio, even though the handsfree IS connected.

IV) Speaking about the handsfree, when I connect it, the phone sometimes asks me to say the name of the one I want to call, i.e. the voice dial becomes activated when the earplugs are connected.

V) Some wap pages does not work, which I know work on my old K700, I either see a completely blank screen (not the reboot screen, the button labels are still there) or the page I came from in a frozen mode. The most annoying non-functioning page is the access to my bank's (FSB sweden) wap site.

VI) I bouht the HPM-70 earplugs. These earplugs seems to lower the sensitivity of the radio, i.e. the antenna in the original plugs is better.

VII) The lens cover is a little too easy to open by mistake, for example when you pull the phone out of the pocket. The design of the cover could have been better too.

VIII) The battery standby time is not as bad as on some other new multi-function phones, but it still could be better. Still, 950 mAh in that tiny package is impressing.

My fw version is cxc1250210 r1cb001 060608
gary_dexter
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-14 16:16
1.) Sometimes when playing the Golf game, if you leave the screen so it dims a bit then goes into the sleep clock mode, when puching a button to resume it takes between 5-10 seconds to register the button press and re-light the screen and resume the game

2.) The 3.2 logo on the camera lens cover is pinky purple rather than blue as shown on many web sites, including the Sony Ericsson sight (not really a problem but hey!!)

3.) Sometimes when setting an alarm and then turning the phone off, the phone doesn't always turn on to announce the alarm, it just flashes white a couple of times then just re-boots the phone to the standby screen

4.) Can't turn off the Red-Eye light!!

Gary
mephisto2k
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-14 16:54
Quote:

4.) Can't turn off the Red-Eye light!!

Gary

What Red-Eye light?

I assume you'r talking about the AF light which comes on when it's quite dark? It's got nothing to do with Red-Eye reduction. If you want to turn it off, switch your focus setting to Infinite...
gary_dexter
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-14 18:06
Sorry, confused now!!

Gary
batch_2001
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-14 18:23
He means the 'light' that comes on before taking the photo is not a red-eye reduction light. It comes on to assist the autofocus to, well, um focus.

If you turn the autofocus off (set to infinity) the light won't come on because the autofocus is, um, turned off.
schilbach
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-14 19:10
Quote:

On 2006-07-06 21:07:29, fordy_uk6 wrote:
I had a load of stick getting the back off too when i rang o2 earlier. The woman had to wait ages for me to get it off so I could read her the number off the sim to activate it, three of us tried and couldnt get it off for a while.

Had a complete nightmare trying to get the back off. Seems to loosen up after a few goes, but was stuck for a day not being able to get the back off......maybe more Spinach for us (-;
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-07-15 22:46
Another irritating thing is the code memo. It does not allow more than 10 entries. I have discussed this in another thread (here)
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-07-16 22:04
Yet another irritating thing: This morning, I was unable to connect to any internet related service, i.e. MMS, email, wap, the k800 simply refused to connect. My first thought was, that it had gone broken, but after 20 minutes in telephone queue to my network oerator, I was told that they had severe problems with their 3G network. During the 20 minutes of waiting, I was playing around with the phone a bit, and at one occasion, I went to the 3G/2G setting in the configuration menu, and turned off the 3G. Then everything started to funciton again, a bit slower than with 3G though. Pity that the k800 could not make that decision itself, that it should switch to 2G when the 3G network does not respond.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic