Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Axxxr's Final Words

Author Axxxr's Final Words
soulframe
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 10:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Damn! I kind of feel guilty, because I sort of encouraged him to indirectly leave! I told him that he should give up his religous/potitical postings here because it is a waste of time, not to LEAVE!

It's like when Piers Morgan left The Mirror (yes, i know he was sacked and no i'm not comapring esato to The Mirror!)
P.E.A.C.E (Proper Education Always Corrects Errors)
www.davidicke.com
www.infowars.com
www.prisonplanet.com
twerg
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 11:08
good luck axxxr!

i always enjoyed reading your news reports, love my gadgets so i always to interest in your posts.

hope to see you return.
O is not a number!!...
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-31 12:31
Quote:
Damn! I kind of feel guilty, because I sort of encouraged him to indirectly leave! I told him that he should give up his religious/political postings here because it is a waste of time, not to LEAVE!

Don't blame yourself mate, as masseur said this isn't the first time axxxr has left!

I'm sorry, but to me this latest episode in the axxxr saga only goes to confirm his increasingly strange online behaviour of late. He didn't just air his beliefs on Esato, he seemed to become positively obsessed with the Bush administration, 9/11 conspiracies etc. and woe betide anyone who dared to disagree with him. The threads in question were not lively discussions, not even heated debates, they all ended up as out-and-out slanging matches. And slanging matches are not what a forum like Esato is about.

So am I saying it was all axxxr's fault? Of course not. It takes more than one person to create a situation like that and indeed there were plenty of members who were more than happy to rise to the bait. axxxr held (and still does hold) a position of responsibility on Esato, and it always amazed me that such an intelligent, friendly and popular member would behave in such a way.

There's been talk of freedom of speech issues here on Esato. Utter nonsense, almost all of those threads and many more not even vaguely related to mobile devices were, and still are, left open for long periods of time. The issue here is not what you say, it's how you say it or more precisely how you conduct yourself.

axxxr left once before because a few members (who are no longer active) started attacking his regular posting of news items. That was way out of order, and he was quite rightly persuaded to come back to the forum with the title of news editor.

But spitting your dummy out just because the site owner and his moderators decide that they've had enough of political and religious posting, or rather the way such threads turn out, is not what I'd expect from an Esato staff member and as such, I have little sympathy this time.

This makes me sound very 'anti-axxxr', I know. Actually, I've got nothing against him whatsoever, in fact I've had very little to do with him over the years. I would love him to return to Esato, his hard work as news editor was and always will be a real asset to the site. But I certainly won't miss the continuing barrage of conspiracy theories and anti-American propaganda that axxxr had a major part in here on Esato.

[ This Message was edited by: Cycovision on 2006-05-31 11:58 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 13:14
I must say that it will be a sad day if axxxr throws in the towel as his news gathering is very greatly appreciated.

However, like other members I was afraid his fervent anti - Bush / American posturing was in danger of transforming Esato into something that Esato was not about and I am glad there has been a measure of resistance to this.

I believe news editors of / and Esato should have a neutral stance.

Long live axxxr and esato

methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 13:16
We'll miss you Axxxr, sorry to see you go mate.

I think cycovision raises some very good points, though. Axxxr says - via amnesia - that he's been creating very few religious/political/any other random contentious issue threads lately, which is simply not true, and it was getting to the stage where it was driving people away.

[ This Message was edited by: methylated_spirit on 2006-05-31 14:16 ]
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-31 15:10
@cyco, I think he was just messing around, not being too serious.

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2006-05-31 14:11 ]
Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-31 15:42
I certainly hope so. It would be a real shame to lose such a long-standing, dedicated and hard working member. Especially over issues that nobody will ever completely agree on anyway.
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 15:58
I think Axxxr searched for all types of new information, phones, gadgets cars etc and he like myself is not fond of Bush, so everytime he came across something Bush related he'd post it, and we all know how many Anti-Bush stuff there is out there...

Not really his fault right?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 16:11
well I did ask him several times to create a single anti-bush thread and put everything there rather than continuously creating new threads every time which do attract more attention (and possibly unrest)

anyway, lets not make this a post mortem of the other thread please. That decision is made and as it stands, so is axxxr's so we should just wish him well
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 16:19
Quote:

On 2006-05-31 15:58:06, 786KBR wrote:
I think Axxxr searched for all types of new information, phones, gadgets cars etc and he like myself is not fond of Bush, so everytime he came across something Bush related he'd post it, and we all know how many Anti-Bush stuff there is out there...

Not really his fault right?

not really his fault? i take it that comment was made with the tounge firmly pushed in the cheek.
not sure why we need should a post mortem thread anyway hes chosen to leave his decision can t see the point in doing it but its his decision
for me i liked his news on the technology stuff saved me a lot of time trawling the net for it so ill thank him for that and the work he must have put into finding some of it.
as for the other stuff, others have summed it up better than i could so ill leave that to one side.
but good luck and see you back posting in afew weeks in the "im back yet again " thread

[ This Message was edited by: slattery69 on 2006-05-31 15:26 ]
Evil Eye
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 16:20
wish you Good Luck Axxxr.

its very sad to know that you left.

waiting for you to return.

chao.
i-mate K-JAM and Windows Mobile Discussion Thread
Proud owner of Samsung Galaxy Pro, i-mate K-JAM & Nokia N81
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 16:20
masseur is totally right, and again right in that a thread should of been made for such topics, thats a very good idea and one maybe we could still follow through... if the mod and Laffen are happy with it...

all the best axxxr peace!
Kwiksta
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 17:30
I wish axxxr all the best...In my opinion he is one of my favourites here on Esato...i dont know what it'll be like without him...in my opinion...Esato is going down a bit and I can see why Axxxr has decided to leave...It's going to be different...wether you like him or not...he HAS contributed a HELL OF A LOT to esato
Previously --> tempsonyfreak
ADT0079
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 17:42
is it true? GOODBYE and don let the door hit you on the way out..peace.
Kwiksta
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-31 17:45
It is true...what do u mean by that? Didnt u like Axxxr?

EDIT: Because if you dont then I guess its just u and scotsboy then

Post Count Doesn't Mean ANYTHING!

[ This Message was edited by: tempsonyfreak on 2006-05-31 16:56 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic