Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > A minute for yourself

Previous  12
Author A minute for yourself
Syrus_20
P900
PM
Posted: 2006-05-02 03:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
They say people do most of their thinkin on the 'can' - to put it in American terms

Would probably agree with that lol.
kk.226
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-02 03:50
Very true, a lot of my deep thinking takes place on the throne... either that or some quality psp time
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-05-02 03:56
Maybe - EastCoastStar should read this space [addsig]
Debu
R600
PM
Posted: 2006-05-02 15:59
lol! If I reflected on half the stuff I did im my life, I'd have to cry myself to leep every night.
Visit My Blog : Debu's Innovations

'When nine hundred years old you will be, look as good, you will not' - Yoda
deluded
C901 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-05-03 18:20
Quote:

On 2006-05-02 03:56:40, JN wrote:
Maybe - EastCoastStar should read this space

Actually, it was his post which made me start thinking about myself. And then I realised that hey, I can't be the only one feeling this way. There must be lotsa people out there who are feeling exactly the same way as me. So I decided to put up this post. Hmm... I do hope it helped at least a couple of people out there, cos sometimes words can be very powerful, if we know how to use them right. Helping even one person simply by letting him read this thread is definitely worth more than the time I took to post it.

[ This Message was edited by: deluded on 2006-05-03 17:22 ]
kiwifly
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-05-08 05:34
yes, a minute reserved for yourself is greatly appreciated.

sometime we do need minutes of this kind
scapevlocity
W610 Orange
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-08 06:10
I wallow so much in reflection that I end up getting depressed. Here I am with a dozen books in front of me, seeing no point in knowing how to do Langrage multipliers and higher-dimension multiple integrals, with an exam only a few hours away... And I just can't seem to pick myself up and just friggin' deal with it and study. Help!

Sometimes I end up wondering why we have to go through all these hardships when we're gonna end up dying anyway.

I think of how a lot of people work hard throughout their lives - through school, through jobs... When it mostly ends up in the hands of the 1% who are wealthy. How to corporations we're just dispensable and replaceable kegs in a machine. I'm sorry I'm not being as articulate, but... I get depressed whenever I think of all the hardships that the majority of humanity has to face just so a select few can bask in their wealth derived from exploitation. It makes me depressed that ever since the Industrial Revolution, or maybe farther back than that, that people think nothing of taking advantage of other people just to get that darned piece of colored paper - and more and more of it.

I'm sad that babies in Africa have to die just so a pharmaceutical company can meet their deadline for the release of a drug/treatment.

I'm sad that people are dying and have died just for a drop of that murky, black gunk.

I'm sad that the notion of nations is slowly becoming a myth... That, it may just be, in reality, a world of alliances between governments, corporations and companies... That it may just be true that humanity is a priority no more.

Darn. I really am depressed. LOL.

[ This Message was edited by: scapevlocity on 2006-05-08 05:34 ]
deluded
C901 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-05-09 04:32
Hey @scapevelocity, I think I feel the way you do about the world in general, and I'm sure everybody else feels the same way sometimes. I question the reason for my existence, the reason for our existence. Maybe someone would be kind enough to help us out here, cos it's beyond my depth at the moment.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
mcrosser
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-09 05:52
hey deluded, that reminds me of switchbitch's thread. http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=56637
and also mince and meths
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=68098

[ This Message was edited by: mcrosser on 2006-05-09 04:54 ]
deluded
C901 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-05-09 07:22
@mcrosser, checked out the threads you mentioned. Haha... No, no, don't get me wrong, I'm not setting up some kind of help thread. I only posted what I was feeling at that time. It was meant to be just that one post to try to encourage people to take a break from "life". But of course, if anybody wants to post your problems here, I'm sure there'll be plenty of Esato-ians who are willing to give some advice.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
mcrosser
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-14 08:49
well, I remember some post in switchbitch's thread were someone asked a similar question, but it was deep in, so I feel lazy searching for it, sorry !

AVAILABLE - advertise here!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi