Posted by tranced
Today, weâ€™ll begin rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat to Nexus devices. And with more ways to make Android your own, itâ€™s by far our sweetest release yet.
We took a different approach to building and launching Nougat this year. For starters, we invited developers to take a sneak peek at Android N back in March, so they could bring their apps to the new platform earlier. And of course we asked you to help us come up with names for this yearâ€™s release, resulting in lots of great ideas, and a delicious unveiling back in June.
Android Nougat reflects input from thousands of fans and developers all over the world. There are over 250 major features in Android Nougat, but we wanted to highlight a few of the features you've been most excited about.
Providing more ways to customize your phone to fit your personality is kind of a big deal, and Android has been leading the way since day one (Homescreen widgets, anyone?). With Android Nougat, youâ€™ll have even more ways to make your phone your own, including:
- Expanded emoji: There are now over 1,500 different emoji built into Android, including 72 new ones, so go ahead: express yourself.
- Quick Settings controls: Quick Settings gives you easy access to things like bluetooth, WiFi and the all-important flashlight. With Android Nougat, you can actually control what tiles go where, and move â€˜em around to fit your needs.
- Multi-locale support: Apps can tailor their content based on your locale settings. So if you speak multiple languages, for instance, then search engines can show results in each of those languages.
Whether youâ€™re responding to work emails or making plans with friends, Android Nougat helps you multitask with ease with new features like Multi-window, Direct reply, and Quick switch.
- Multi-window: Run two apps side-by-side. The windows are resizable, too, by simply dragging the divider.
- Direct Reply: Reply directly to notifications without having to open any app.
- Quick Switch: Switch between your two most recently used apps by simply double tapping the Overview button.
More battery smarts
Starting with the release of Android Marshmallow last year, we have been making the battery smarter. Thatâ€™s why we made the Doze feature even dozier with Android Nougat. Your device can now drop into lower power usage when itâ€™s getting jostled around in your pocket or bag while on the move.*
[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2016-08-22 19:46 ]
Posted by aussieland1
Sweet! My good old Nexus 6 should receive it soon then
Posted by tranced
My Nexus 4 won't
I'll wait for CyanogenMod