Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > What iPod should I buy now - mine has just broken.

Previous  12
Author What iPod should I buy now - mine has just broken.
Luke-the-magic-man
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-23 22:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
im in the uk, but I dont have a contract with tmobile, I know someone on tmobile pay as you go though
aashishdhand
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-23 22:17
Itz a free gift vid a contract vid t-mobile of 18 n paying jus the line rental of 29pounds every month n u get a free phone N6020 n 400national free mints for 6 months n later on 200national mints for 12months

This message was posted from a T310

kk.226
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-23 22:47
Quote:

On 2005-07-23 21:45:10, lukebonathan wrote:
from what you say there the battery life has degenerated, a new 20gb 4th gen should last 12 hrs ish,

I have seen those skins and almost bought one, but I had a better idea, instead of hateing the scratching why dont I make it a lot worse? so now I have got a really cool effect on the back like brushed aluminium and looks quite trendy now.

Im just wondering, but why have you had 5 ipods lol

also, how much are ipods in the US, the colour screen ones like you mentioned? If the price was right could you bring me back one?

also I know ive slaged the ipod off quite alot today, but dont get me wrong I still thinkthey are great, and its probally the only mp3 player id buy

[ This Message was edited by: lukebonathan on 2005-07-23 20:46 ]

Hey,

Idon't think the battery life has reduced much mate to be honest, I mean apple give the max battery achieved with the ipod out of the box. This is without EQ, high contrast & backlight, i however use all these things which use a little more battery life, so with all these going, a 12 hour battery charge isn't possible...also i play the music usually near full (i've had all american versions so there is no volume limit).

I have also brushed the back of one of my ipods and it looked great, was a bit skeptical at first but i saw the results on a tread on ipodlounge.com and saw the pics so i gave it a go. I used the same thing used for washing dishes (green one side, yellow sponge on the other).

Why i've had 5 ipods? umm...good question! i bought my fist about a year ago, got an offer i couldn't refuse so i sold it... got another, scratched it bad then sold it.... got ANOTHER... scratched it, brushed it, then sold to a keen buyer... i then got an ipod mini, thought that was pony as it's not big enough, so i gave that to my sis, then i got ANOTHER, which i used for a while and LOVED, but now the ipod photo is out, its time to upgrade!

the new 4th gen 20gb "photos" (colour screen ones) are $300, so i guess about £180. Which aint bad me thinks seeing as i sold my regualr one for £170!
Dr.pratikB.
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-07-28 16:50
Hi,what is the price for 6gb ipod?Any good alternative from sony with hdd mp3 player?I want to buy one for me.Thanks
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-28 17:05
theyre pants. and the battery life is cr@p

get a Sony NW HD5 (40hrs battery life)

(Good review here)
http://www.microanvika.com/reviews/sony-nw-hd5.asp

For sale £199 (20Gb)
http://www.microanvika.com/sony/sony-nw-hd5.asp

[ This Message was edited by: batesie on 2005-07-28 16:23 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-28 17:24
That 40hrs battery life is only with ATRAC3plus @ 48Khz (i.e cr@p quality!).

Also as stated in the review, the UI isn't as intuitive as the iPod (what is?)

Plus, I wouldn't believe too much of a review made by staff of the shop that's selling the item! They're likely to be biased in order to sell more - maybe the profit margin is higher on the Sony's!
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-28 18:05
try http://www.avforums.com/ for an unbiased view.

i have most of my music in mp3 format 128-320kbs, took it on holiday and didnt have to charge it once! and yes i got around 35hrs playback time at 75% volume.

as well as that its smaller than an ipod more ipod mini size.(it fits in a 20 box of cigarettes)

the UI is improved over the HD1 and HD3, as it has initials search and playlists.

also you can orient the screen any way you like, depending on which way you are holding it when you switch it on, it switches the screen that way!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: batesie on 2005-07-28 17:06 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi