Previous  12
Author T68s in the Great White North
macfreak
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-06 00:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I spent a few hours tracking down info on the Sony Ericsson T68i in Canada

Although these are common place in Europe and the US. Prices for unlocked phones there are quite high (I looked around in Houston and was quoted US$500.

There are two places in Toronto that I found currently sell these phones. Lennox Paging on Bloor and ElectroTime (363 Yonge). They both charge C$599 if you open a Fido account, C$699 without. ElectroTime also has Ericsson T68s that have been flashed with the 68i software for C$550.

However, I also found out that Fido is introducing the T68i (to Ontario at least) on October 20th. I don't know the price though. I think I'll wait till then to check the Fido price.

As an aside, ElectroTime also sells the Sony Ericsson T600. If you don't want/need Bluetooth, this is one gorgeous GSM phone.

[ This Message was edited by: macfreak on 2002-10-05 23:15 ]
Kenny
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-07 07:28
It's Rogers that's going to sell the T68i in Ontario, not Fido.

The lowest price you can buy the T68i is $349.99 after $50 mail-in rebate on $20.00 and higher 2-year term plans for new Rogers AT&T Wireless activations.

With just the phone and any plan and no term constrains, it's $549.00

Check here: http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wireless/content/phones/
Phone_Details.asp?name=Sony+Ericsson+T68i&number=42

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2002-10-07 06:57 ]
macfreak
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-10-10 01:42
Agreed Kenny. In fact I just bought a T68i from Rogers (the last one in the store...). Fido is bringing out the same model but since they don't have contract plans it'll cost more than $600. It was due for release Oct 11 but has been put back to Oct 20th.

I'm really pleased with the phone. The only downer is that the case the shop threw in for free is next to useless since I can't access the joy-stick button (its one of those crappy see through cases). I'll have to find something better.

Oh, and I can't get a signal in my office (although I couldn't with Fido either).
littleangelvl
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-18 17:14
I bought a T68i from Pacific Mall (@ the Rogers AT&T), I was wondering if any of you know of where I can unlock my phone for a cheap price..planning a trip overseas and would really like it if I can unlock it.

Also, I am new with all this GSM stuff, but what is MMS?

Anyone know where I can get good ringtones and goodies for free on the internet?

Thanks!!
theEND
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-26 19:53
hey everyone,

i just got a t68i from rogers on monday. i got it pretty cheap ($349 minus a $65 rebate) but i guess you get for what you pay because of the locking.

still its really nice and small and shiny (the blue bit at least!)
gshanouda
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-10-27 07:12
If you want to unlock your phone you can do that @ the Pacific mall in toronto it's cheap and perfect, it work very good...
I got my t68m from the Pacific mall and becasue the service problem Rogers has with the t68m I had to upgrade it to t68i and it work better then before.
I guess it's from rogers not from the phone because I try my phone with Fido and it work perfectuly.
If anyone found out how to fix the service problem with rogers please e-mail me
thanks to all of you and good luck with Rogers
littleangelvl
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-10-31 22:36
Does anyone know the EMAIL GATEWAY for Ontario SMS users? I tried contacting Rogers and haven't been successful.

I use a Nokia 8390 and recently got my phone locked. It's requesting a PUK code, anybody know it?

Anybody know where I can get ringtones for free? (the kind where you just get it sent to you phone by text messaging)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi