Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i or Razr V3?

1234  Next
Author K750i or Razr V3?
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-16 19:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ok guys i've got the chance to get a new k750i (£60/70) or a new Razr V3 (£40), i really like both handsets myself and i can't decided which one to get, so i would like you guys to give me your pro's and cons for both handsets, and can we try to be as netural as possible, hehe,

Also if some one culd post some picture of the phones side by side, so i can see the differene is depth, it would be great.
punkserb
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-16 19:46
razr is nothing more than a v600 on a diet. if all you care about is design and looks, get the razr.

but if you want features, get K750i. it has better battery life, MUCH better camera, better bluetooth, expandable memory, video player/recorder, LED light for photos, better screen, optional real flash accessory.
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-16 19:50
thnaks mate, anymore input? and anyone with pictures?
OBEY GAINT
dude_se
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-07-16 19:51
if this was me then it would be hard to decide. all i can say is:
k750!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
much better features,
v3: better looks
but overall the k750 looks good and has better features.

dude_se
10 +'ve feedback's, 0 -'ves
---------------------------
Evil Eye
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2005-07-16 20:33
Hard to decide here! But k750i is overall better. Go for it.
i-mate K-JAM and Windows Mobile Discussion Thread
Proud owner of Samsung Galaxy Pro, i-mate K-JAM & Nokia N81
obsixx
T700 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-16 20:43
To bad this didn't come up two weeks from now, my friend is about to buy a v3 and I could have done a little comparative review.
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
coo1k3n
W910 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-16 23:28
Of course the K750i- without a doubt. The Razr V3 is simply a 'designer' mobile, purely looks and nothing else. Compared to the SE it's nothing, the K750i is a real mobile with useful rich features, unlike the moto. But it depends if you want a phone just for looks- or for looks and practicallity! Gud luk making ure final decision, no pressure lol.
Listen to the TWiTs! Podcast 'http://www.thisweekintech.com'
kidscruff
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-17 02:52
I was going to say Motorola phones have the RED and GREEN buttons in the wrong places (red on the left), but Motorola seem to have sorted this with the Razr and future phones!
darksyde
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 02:54
got both but if its feature u want then the k750i is the one to get!
oh btw the v3 breaks easily i have been really careful with my v3 but the left "arm" swivel thing has broken this has happened with some of my mates 2!
burybobz
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 03:02
k750 definitely, I think the Razr looks anorexic anyway
darksyde
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 03:10
here we go!

btw how u getting 'em so cheap?

[ This Message was edited by: darksyde on 2005-07-17 02:11 ]
NotoriousZIG
T68i
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 03:46
Hey- I have a k750i and my brother has a moto v3 and I've used both. I'll post pics later on today sometime- side by side. I can give a good comparison of the two and I'm being very very honest (completely being impartial). I'll go through what makes k750i better than v3 and vice versa. :

THINGS THAT MAKE A K750i BETTER THAN V3:
- Memory storage. You can store up to 4gb on k750i if you get the memory stick for it.
- Camera. 2MP autofocus- way better than 0.3mp on v3. Also v3 has only video playback and no video recording features (difference between v3 and v620). Theres also a light on the back.
- The radio on the k750i is part of the phone- you plug in the handsfree and can control the stations on the handset. If you want radio on v3 you have to get one with controls on the handsfree.
- Media player. Plays all the mp3s and videos and stuff in playlist format. This is quite nicely done.
- More versatile connectivity. Its will send anything and will receive files without a problem. Has infrared as well. Has Bluetooth. Although v3 has bluetooth, k750i does it better
- Synchronisation. I found it hard to sync v3 with outlook, whereas all SEs do this pretty painlessly.
- Wap browser. Its faster and tidier.
- Appearance of interface. SE's themes can be made on a pc with themes creator and just sent across and voila. v3's is weird- you have to use a datacable and edit a current skin and edit this n that- too much work.
- The Menu. Very nice icons that look like they're jumping out to you. Sliding tabs are quite nice. Extremely easy to use- easier than the moto one but the v3's menu system does have its plus points (see below).
- The phonebook is faster. You can browse the names by more than just the first letter and so its faster. The k750's phonebook will always look tidy, whereas you have to sort out the v3 phonebook yourself (with sorting out in terms of primary contacts if you want multiple no.s under a single name and so on). The v3's contact management system is weird and can get infuriating, but when you get used to it and can organise it well, its a doddle.
- Activity menu can be used at almost any time.

THINGS THAT MAKE A v3 BETTER THAN k750i:
- Call quality. Without doubt, the v3 has much better audio quality. Its louder and clearer.
- The screen. The v3 screen is bigger and nicer- colours are vivid and saturated. Like comparing a vaio laptop screen to an ordinary laptop screen.
- Build quality. In my opinion this is where the v3 whoops the k750. In fact it'll do it to most handsets. Put it this way- even the box that the v3 came in on purchase is made out of better materials that are more firmly assembled. The 7 month old v3 looks newer than my 1 month old k750- the latter has so many marks over it now.
- Design. Although this is personal preference, I reckon the v3 looks better, Clean and simplistic. I reckon the k750 looks more 'cluttered'- with too many symbols engraved in the plastic on the sides... too many words plastered over it.
- Ringtones. Strange but true- mp3s set as ringers sound muffled and low quality on k750i (this has been mentioned all over the message boards), whereas the moto's sounds clean and crisp. Vibrate alert on v3 is stronger and you can customise the vibrate pattern (dot-dotm dot-dash etc..). Unlike older motos, the v3 can ring and vibrate at the same time (but all the SEs i can think of do this as standard).
- Call register. v3's log is much more detailed- with details on how long the calls were for and exactly wehn they were made. Also lists all the calls and not just the last one that you made/received/missed along with a number (total no.) showing how many like on k750i. I like the reminder feature on motorolas as well (which you can turn off) where it'll beep if it thinks you havent noticed a missed call or text etc.
- Menu customisability. This is what i find brilliant with the motos nowadays. But i think this is dependant on whether the phone is network locked. You can reorder menu icons, set very specific shortcuts, redefine what the standby hotkeys do, reassign the smart key and so on. You have to work hard sorting out the moto to make it behave the way you want, but when its set up its a joy to use.
- Reliability. No freezing, has had no need for firmware upgrades. Absolutely rock solid interface.

Other features are more debatable like battery and keypad. I reckon k750is battery lasts longer in standby mode but not as long in terms of talktime. Also the v3 can get fully charged much quicker cos of the mini usb charger. In my opinion I like neither keypad. The k750i's keypad feels a bit cheap and tacky esp the softkeys. The v3's is just weird and takes a lot of getting used to just pressing different parts of a single silver plate. the size is also debatable- the v3 is much thinner but also wider. I'll post pics later on.

Overall, my opinion is that the v3 is better as a phone- quality both build and audio is superior, and the k750i is better as a multifunctional multimedia device with a much better camera, media player and so on.

Sorry if this post is a bit long and i've tried to be impartial. But hope it helps. Will post pictures soon!

xxxvijeshxxx
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 05:08
actually it really depends on what you wanna use the phone for.... If you're the sort who just uses the basic functions of the phone.... I would recommend a k750i...

However if your're looking for a 1 heck of a multimedia featured phone, with awesome digital camera like features, heart melting screen displays,... i would still recommend a k750i!

seriously man....V3 razor may look sleek and all, but it's features are sooo limited... like its built in memory is like only 6MB ( i think) and there isnt any expandable memory slot!

so anyway to conclude on what ive just said...
******BUY A K750i************
alexho
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 10:30
I got both phones but I i will go for the K750i! Especially if u taking a lot of photos! 2 million mega pixels is better than 0.3 million! I love my V3 and I use both daily though!
B.J.
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-07-17 11:01
what the f#(K!?! hehe, i still would by a k750 over razr.. hell, i'd still buy a k750 over any phone(aside from p9 and pocket pc's, that is..)
Hi I'm Brye. A friend of the United States of America. An enemy of the Underground Man Looking Alien Creatures.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi