Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > My wish - SE to have more integration to Sony product.

Previous  123  Next
Author My wish - SE to have more integration to Sony product.
vineet_d
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 08:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

This message was posted from a K700i

DeLa
T600
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 08:39
It is very strange to walk into a 'Sony Centre' and see all that Sony-only equipment and then bump into a corner with mobiles with all kinds of brands and an especially *poor* selection of SE's.

S-E is a bizarre marriage. But that's how business is today.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 08:50
the sonystyle shop in malaysia have a very nice shopcase of SE product. I don't see it being bad or lousy.

In fact when every sony division is either losing money or losing its profit growth....its JV of SEMC is the star performer now with continuous growth.

All they need is to stay growing now....as with a stronger earning this yr...they will have enough $ to do more exciting stuff.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 09:37
[quote]
On 2005-03-24 07:35:45, c96sthl wrote:
bosch belong to siemens now ....

hmmm but I am trying to joke....on this.

If E/// merge with Bosch which still can cover the loses from both company...they might still ends up being SE

Then the concept I post will involve you using your phone to control your jig saw, you drill!!!!! COOL DUDE!!!!!

very witty.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-24 10:54
ditto. like your thinking c96sthl
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 01:35
but still it all depends on Sony, Ericsson and SonyEricsson.

I didn't see this concept come fast but from the ad about memory stick show 2yrs ago and the recent DVD camcorder (shot, burn, share theme)...i do expect it will happen soon.

One day we might be able to playback MP3 thru some new sony hifi tht have wireless connection to the speaker....i just hope all this happen faster
lpt100
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 03:05
or what would be cool is a 'bluetooth' hard drivve with eveythign you could poss need on it. then when your near any phoen or computer your info is instantly there.
***Insert witty signature here***
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 17:38
People now days thinks... the old sch infra red is really a useless feature.. even in the newer model like V800/S700 still do have infra red.... personally i think its true.. kinda useless in a way...

However.. infra red will be a great feature.. if SONY and SE allows SONY devices like DVD players, TV etc... to communicate with SE phones... so we SE owners would hv a remote control for our home entertainment.. thus infra red is a useful feature...
Never Give Up!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-03-25 20:44
Is there any such thing as a Hi Fi with BT 2.0? You would have thought Sony would have developed one. It would be good place to start for our wireless home, streaming music from mobile to Hi Fi.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-26 04:06
Sony and Pioneer have start offering wireless speaker system but tht is not using BT 1.2 or 2.0...of course i know 1.2 can't cope with the ammount of bitrate needed for good or decent musicplayback

if....SE manage to bring tht wireless system made for Hifi audio into their phone....something interesting will happen.

vice versa, Sony can bring BT into those speaker system.

Well I don't see a point why TV, DVD player cannot offer BT....in tht way, IRDA will die sooner or later.

The model number for Sony speaker with wireless connection is Sony SSX90ED and another one which you can check out thru the link below

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-b[....]ion-Start?ProductSKU=SRSRF90RK

[ This Message was edited by: c96sthl on 2005-03-26 03:11 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-03-26 11:16
Do any Hi Fi s have USB? Has anyone used the new MMV-200? Does that enable streaming or does it upload then playback media files? I think USB port would make simpler to achieve.
May be Walkman will release a Bluetooth wireless speaker system specifcally for mobiles to stream to, I hope so. .
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-28 02:12
the biggest Question is when MMV200 will be out.

It is still in coming soon "lah"

Ya, I almost forgotten SE have this gadget....but still using USB have one obstacle....wire.

now wirelss USB is already in discussion but the bad part for wireless USB is that people again start making statement tht bluetooth with die when wireless USB is widely available.

Personally the worst part tht I can see for BT is tht wireless USB might limited the usage on BT beyond handphone/PDA but it just don't seem tht it can totally wipe out BT.

[ This Message was edited by: c96sthl on 2005-03-28 01:14 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-28 02:29
We can only hope they make wireless usb (wusb) backward compatible, because when you go to buy a new BT adapter, why would you not buy a wireless usb adapter, when you can still use it with your old bt devices, but also buy swanky new wusb devices?

It will take 2 years or so for wusb devices to become as cheap as bt devices, but once that happens BT will go the way of the old 9pin serial connections, just the way usb has replaced serial for digital cameras.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-28 02:51
one of the problem is INTEL made a public statement saying BT is dying.

But then knowing what happen to the initial launch of USB....maybe like you said it will take a very long time for WUSB to take off.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-03-28 13:26
1-2 years before it replaces bt, anyway. Hopefully we'll see a big influx of wireless usb in the next 6-12 months, but even then BT will endure for a while, atleast a year after wusb becomes popular, imho.

It'll take me a year or two to replace all my BT devices; dongles, a keyboard and mouse, BT mobiles, BT headsets, carkit and whatever other BT I buy before wusb is available.

Here's an interesting quote: "The key advantage of this technology over Bluetooth is ease of use — so many users have been burned by compatibility and setup issues when trying to get Bluetooth devices to talk to each other. For the average consumer, if it isn’t dead easy to set up, it just ain’t gonna fly" http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000260034425/

I'm hoping that means BT connections will be as seemless as usb cable connections (imagine a drive appears in "my computer" with your phones folders, much like a digital camera or usb drive)

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi