Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > My wish - SE to have more integration to Sony product.

123  Next
Author My wish - SE to have more integration to Sony product.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-23 07:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
For me, if SE manage to come out a phone tht can integrate or blend into the digital home concept or digital media concept which Samsung and Panasonic is trying to push....it will be one hell of a lead.

Just imagine when you are on the road (on the train)....and you manage to play your favourite game with your kid who is at home playing with his PS2.....or you can control all your Sony Product at home thru your SE phone....or when you just found a very nice/romantic tune to share with your gf...you can just send it thru them from your Sony HiFi to your gf phone...either using bluetooth/wifi given she is within the range or thru gsm network (M2M app.)
tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-23 08:15
That would have been nice but it doesn't work like that; Ericsson, sony and SonyEricsson are three independent companies. They actually buy solutions from each other.
The company I work for are the only company in Norway who only sell Ericsson solutions for land lines. Mr Ericsson of Norway, Knut Heimdal, drops by our offices frequently and asking him about is like asking my mother. He has no clue what they are up to or anything related what so ever. (He is a cool guy though )

[edit]
A couple of spelling errors edited...

[ This Message was edited by: tranquil on 2005-03-23 09:54 ]
Qoastro
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-23 08:32
@c96sthl
You have a beautiful dream and I hope that it will become more than just a dream. But I don't think it'll be possible, not in a near future...
sapibobo
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-03-23 08:38
Correct answer. SE, Ericsson and Sony is different company. At the consolidation report maybe they're one, but if you want to look at stand alone report (each one), the use of resources by one another should considered as an expense or revenue to each party.

For example, walkman technology in mobile phone is an expense to SE (and revenue to Sony). SE has to meet its own balance between 'to deliver high end products to customer' and 'to gain profit adequately'. Use Sony expertise in advertising and media also an expense to SE.
Even using a memory stick media (alleged being 'forced' by Sony to SE - otherwise we'll see P Series with mini SD) is not free.

At consolidation/holding report, this internal expense and revenue can be adjusted.

One of advantage, SE and Sony may have met some kind of "agreement" to each other about the "decent" price for this transactions. SE might enjoy a lower price than the market, but it cannot totally "free of charge" for the sake of accounting principles when calculating SE's stand alone profit properly.

SE has some liberty to choose (or buy) the resources its needed either from LM Ericsson or Sony or other party. This kind of freedom is actually not a right description, since there might be some political issues related with the choices- especially to Sony.
Seeing SE's products lately i can take some conclusion that they're concentrating more to Sony than Ericsson. SE seems neglected EDGE or Push To Talk, or WCDMA or other telecommunication tech. from the majority of its current product.

As i said, SE has to meet the balance between the high end products and good profitability. This year most of their resources went to Sony. I think if SE spent more resources to Ericsson, this year would not be "the profitable" one as we all know.

[ This Message was edited by: sapibobo on 2005-03-23 07:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: sapibobo on 2005-03-23 08:05 ]
soichiro
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-03-23 08:41
Quote:

On 2005-03-23 08:15:49, tranquil wrote:
That would have been nice but it doesn'¨t work like that; Ericsson, sony and SonyEricsson are three independent companies. They actually buy solutions from each other.

i've always thought they were under the same roof all along. but wouldn't it be great if such a notion is ever realised. man, imagine having some kickass gadgetries all in one package!

oh btw, apa khabar @c96sthl?
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-23 09:44
Yes I agree all the mentioned issues which related to money or copyright of one company's technology.

But then remember a few years back when Sony trying to promote their memory stick as a media tht connect all its devices. The concept or "dream" I mentioned is already used and Sony Ericsson P800 is actually showed in tht Sony ad.

It is not really reaching the level you can play games between phone and Playstation but I do believe concept is in progress.

Remember that most of us here won't believe that a phone can have camera 8yrs ago before they introduce 3G/UMTS
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-23 09:48
Quote:

On 2005-03-23 08:15:49, tranquil wrote:
That would have been nice but it doesn'¨t work like that; Ericsson, sony and SonyEricsson are three independent companies. They actually buy solutions from each other.
The comany I work for are the only company in Norway who only sell Ericsson solutions for land lines. Mr Ericsson of Norway, Knut Heimdal, drops by our offices frequently and asking him about is like asking my mother. He have no clue what they are up to or anything related what so ever. (He is a cool gut though )

Additional note.

All three company E///, SE and Sony are independent identity but remember 50% of the share holding in SE belong to E/// and the other 50% is Sony.

To me, they are just taking the best from each of their parent into their design. The concept I mentioned is something good for them to be the most innovative phone maker in the market...right?
Debu
R600
PM
Posted: 2005-03-23 10:02
Dude, I'm sure that in less then 2 years you will b e able to do stuff like that. Infact from my PDA2k, I could surf the net, browse files on my PC (over wlan) and using and Activesync, I could control my PC and play songs on my PC etc. Sooner or later your 'dream' will be realized.
Visit My Blog : Debu's Innovations

'When nine hundred years old you will be, look as good, you will not' - Yoda
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-03-23 10:45
Quote:

On 2005-03-23 07:58:36, c96sthl wrote:
For me, if SE manage to come out a phone tht can integrate or blend into the digital home concept or digital media concept which Samsung and Panasonic is trying to push....it will be one hell of a lead.

Just imagine when you are on the road (on the train)....and you manage to play your favourite game with your kid who is at home playing with his PS2.....or you can control all your Sony Product at home thru your SE phone....or when you just found a very nice/romantic tune to share with your gf...you can just send it thru them from your Sony HiFi to your gf phone...either using bluetooth/wifi given she is within the range or thru gsm network (M2M app.)

I know what you are dreaming of. I have those 'ideas' all the time

It would be, One remote control to control all of the Sony equipment in your home but this device integrated with a mobile handset, enabling you to send/stream images over the 3G networks.

Your TV screen could also be used to view the images streamed from your partners 3G handset.

A movie from your DVD system could also be streamed via 3G to your partners 3G handset while they are away on a long journey, to stop them from getting bored etc.

Away from home? Set up the Bluetooth Robot Camera to stream images from home just to make sure all is safe and well and to check you haven't left the iron on.

The possibilities are endless when you think about it...

We should start a new thread with these ideas...
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 01:04
@goldenface

When you mentioned bluetooth robot camera to take care of your house....hmmm they are working on that robot for short range now.

Yup maybe one day there wil be a camera robot from SE tht can connect to your 3G regardless where you are.

If not mistaken, one of the Sony Robot already can do tht with Docomo phone.

Ya....the possibility is endless since in Jpn, they do sell a lot of robot....so it is not necessary for the phone to connect to all the devices...it just need to communicate with the next smartest thing in the house....your robot!!!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 03:08
I would still like it if Nokia and Ericsson had merged - then ! [addsig]
ether42
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 04:46
then the great early /// phones would be let down (not up held like with se) by crappy old nokia
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 05:09
Well how about Ericsson and Bosch, (they use to make nice fones in the latter part of the 90's) ! [addsig]
ether42
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 05:13
that might be interesting bosch makes good solid easy product just like ///
you've got to tolerate all those people that you hate i'm not in love with you but i won't hold that against you
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2005-03-24 07:35
bosch belong to siemens now ....

hmmm but I am trying to joke....on this.

If E/// merge with Bosch which still can cover the loses from both company...they might still ends up being SE

Then the concept I post will involve you using your phone to control your jig saw, you drill!!!!! COOL DUDE!!!!!

especially jig saw,.....then we can use it as a racing game hahahaha.

Bosch Jig saw or drill will also equip with a digital camera

Sorry I get carried away haha
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi