Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > S700i on o2 sms problem

Author S700i on o2 sms problem
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 18:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2005-01-19 19:03:21, rvision wrote:
had the p800 & p900 already, bit to big bulky and heavy, was nice downsizing to the s700, with nicer screen and camera. appaerntly the s700i is only 1% of all phones, so maybe they will exchange it.

failing that ill cancel my contract and let the credit card company sort the contract out since they can use the credit act on my behalf, and sign up with orange with s700i

Will see what happends when I go in tomorrow, just tried ringing the shop but there closed

Unless your entire purchase including monthly line rental is being paid on this credit card that won't help you.

In the case of mobile phones, if purchased on contract it's subsidised. Therefore in Contract Of Sale law in the UK each monthly minimum payment is considered part of the purchase price of the phone. For the credit card company to be responsible each payment has to come off that credit card. Having claimed from First Direct many a time I can tell you it takes ages - months to get a resolution for claims against 'services' which is what you'll be claiming for.
rvision
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 21:27
I just spoke to a colleauge of my sister in the shop. Dont think they have an offcial line on the S700i yet, he wasnt aware of any but told me that if the phone was faulty they would replace it.

I have all my text messages saved and they are all time stamped when they come through in batches at the same time. And I also have a 3 sets of repeated messages, upto a maximum of 10 messages for one message. Think that should be enough for me to claim its faulty.

let us know if you hear of anything different dave.

Cheers
Andy
kinc
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2005-01-22 16:35
Update
No problems with my s700 since it was flashed at CPW.
So get free software update should work ok after that.
macjules
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-04-01 13:11
I have a S700i, bought in December last year from O2. Apart from suffering the same SMS nightmare and having gone through absolute hell with a rather abusive O2 store manager ("there is nothing wrong with any phone we sell, its all in your imagination . Now go away before you alarm my real customers") I now understand that the entire S700i range has been withdrawn from sale by O2.

11:57
Just got off the phone from O2, and they emphatically state that they do not intend to place this handset back on sale until Sony Ericsson have resolved the software problems. They've offered me the Nokia 6630 3G phone or I can pay the extra and get an XDA2i.
andygrif
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-04-01 17:03
I just got off the phone with O2 today too, after my S700 was supposed to be delivered yesterday! I had to phone them of course.

Nice of them to let me know wasn't it?!?!?!

They have sent back an entire batch of the S700i to SE two days ago due to 'software problems'.....

Me: When will it be back?
O2: We don't know, it might not be.
Me: How long will it take to find out how long?
O2: We don't know.
Me: When were you planning on telling me?
O2: We don't normally tell people when there's a problem.

So I call SE....

We don't know anything about this, we would have been told if they had sent them all back.

So I call a couple of O2 stores....one has one in stock, the other doesn't but says that they're getting them back in to central stores next week.

Does anyone actually know what the problem is...O2 elude to the issue being the same as the K700 one, but wouldn't say anything for definite. The thing I'm most unhappy about is the lies...someone's lying somewhere.

Any ideas when it might be fixed?

Would buying a non-O2 (i.e direct from SE) model be likely to work?

[ This Message was edited by: andygrif on 2005-04-01 16:04 ]
macjules
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-04-01 20:10
The problem, as stated elsewhere on this forum, is quite simply that there is a major problem with the whole OS. The problems I encountered, as listed by the O2 store at 351 Oxford Street are:

Sudden failure of the handset to recognise the Sony Memory Stick, thus any sounds, wallpapers you had on there were lost.
Failure to store contact numbers.
Certain bluetooth operations would cause a system freeze, remote desktop control is one. trying to synchronise contacts with an XDA2 was another one.
and most of all...
You could be sent an SMS by someone. The handset would then put that text message into some weird loop and you would start receiving the SAME message over and over again. In my case I received the same message every 10 minutes for something like 4 hours.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-04-03 09:59
I know I have posted this before but no one seems to take any notice.
If you have a K/S700 and you suffer from the infamous text bug, all you have to do is change the SMS ACCESS setting from GPRS to GSM. This is found under CONNECTIVITY >>> DATA COMMUNICATION >>> SMS ACCESS.

Hope this helps. It worked for me.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi