Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > Orange are the Best in the Uk and thats thats! want proof?

Author Orange are the Best in the Uk and thats thats! want proof?
Eciton
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-03 23:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just sent the following bitchy message to Orange's 'Suggestions' address... I'm not holding any real hope of a response, but it got a bit off frustration off my chest . I'm currently trying to persuade SonyEricsson to ignore Orange and do the upgrade for me anyway. Logic is a powerful tool...

====

Allow T68 owners on Orange to UPGRADE THEIR HANDSETS WITH T68i SOFTWARE
JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER NETWORK DOES! CarphoneWarehouse and Ericsson
themselves insist that Orange are not allowing them to perform the
upgrade to allow MMS messaging, IMAP emails and the other enhancements
that Ericsson wish to give me! This is NOT ACCEPTABLE! I am seriously
considering leaving Orange at the next opportunity and warning all my
friends off you.

====

Ah, anger leads to the dark side... sooo alluring
Eciton
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-08-04 00:18
Eciton> Didn't know Orange stopped you upgrading - that's not good at all!!

Hmmm was thinking of switching to Orange but now I'm not sure at all?

Let us know what they say...

Ed [addsig]
Eciton
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-04 20:17
Well, here's what SonyEricsson said on the matter as of the day before yesterday:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson,

With regard to your enquiry, please accept our apologies for any
inconvenience caused during this matter.

However Orange have not yet provided authorisation for the T68-T68i software
upgrade to go ahead.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact
us.

Kind regards

Mike Rowlands

=====

CarphoneWarehouse say:

The Sony Ericsson T68 to T68i software upgrade is now available in all Carphone Warehouse express repair centres.
To find out your nearest centre please call our Repairs helpline on 0870 167 0870.

We strongly recommend that you save all data stored on your handset as neither Sony Ericsson nor The Carphone Warehouse can be held responsible for loss of data. Any phone numbers stored on the T68 will need to be copied to the SIM card prior to having the software upgraded to the T68i. There will be no hardware differences and the memory size and functionality will also remain the same.

Please note that we are not able to perform software upgrades for Orange Sony Ericcson handsets.

=========

So it's currently a no-go, I'm afraid. I will keep on pestering everyone I can think of until they do something about it, and it would be great if everyone else would do the same!

All the best folks,
Eciton
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-08-04 21:11
That's shite! Hmmm looks like i might be stuck with Voda if thats what Orange are like! Ed

This post was posted from a T68i

gazobee
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-08-04 23:36
That figures!

I was with Voodoofone a few years ago and I thought they sucked!
It's funny how things can come back to haunt you. I really did believe that Orange were a good network until the T68m debacle.
I really can't understand what they hope to gain from doing this to their customers.

I for one will be changing networks as soon as I can reasonably get out of this contract.

As far as the s/w upgrade goes. Do it! I can't see how you can invalidate a warranty by doing a manufacturer approved upgrade.

My signature says it all!!!!!!!!
Back in love with the Big O again!
al1307
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-08-04 23:45
@ riflogic

How can u say O2 is the most expensive? For £20 a month I get 500 free wap mins, 500 free txts, 500 free off-peak mins to landlines and O2 mobiles and 50 free off-peak mins to other networks. And I got a free Nokia 3410 (could have had a Sumsung A300 instead)
bobahiom
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-07 14:51
Don't know what all this is bout orange not allowing their handsets to be upgraded did mine bout 4 weeks ago.
Finaly p800'd
riflogic
W960
PM
Posted: 2002-08-08 00:14
@ al1307

As I said a friend of mine is on O2, actually he was on O2 (joined T-Mobile yesterday). He had higher bills every month than me. Funnily enough, I use my phone a lot more than he does…. So its strange that his bills were much more than mine (same line rental). By the way it seems that you work for O2 since you have got a deal with them that seems too good to be true!!!!
jamojdm
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-08-08 01:27
You say orange customer service is good?

My friend choose orange and really regrets it! He tried to set up wap, and they just kept stalling on him. Then he wanted to unlock teh handset, and some operators sid its not allowed!

I use voda and with my last phone, that broke, they replaced it same day! As far as i can see, you choose the network depending upon who u will call, and how often u call!

Voda is best for me, as my dads on it, my mums on it, my girlfriend is on it, and most my friends are too. I get loads of free mins, free txts and dont pay line rental, seems perfect to me!

Jamo
al1307
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2002-08-08 10:30
I hardly work for O2, I've only just left school (currently working at McDonalds)!
kolhatkar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-08 11:31
2 points:

1) prodigy - the difference between GB and UK is that GB excludes Northern Ireland so T-mobile can omit to mention their poor coverage there and still have a figure of 99%

2) On the topic itself; I think what the many posts have proved is that if you get poor customer service with Orange or T-Mobile you are stuck if you want to stay with them, but with Voda and O2, the abundance of service providers lets you shop around and get better service.

I have just moved from O2 (BTMC service provider) to Orange partly due to the cost effectiveness of having a talkshare and partly due to BTMC going from quite good, to terrible.

Orange appear to be quite good at sorting out problems. I am also quite pleased that I appear to have got AnswerFax for free. I ported my fax number to Orange and got a text welcoming me to answerfax, when I rang Orange, they confirmed this and told me that they had waived the charge.

{Plink - the sound of my two pence being thrown in}

Ish
vimto2000
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-08-08 13:13
Well not to put you all off guys, but i had my T68 from upgraded at MPRC for free. But after a week a literally lost all reception on my phone. Taking it back to them to get it sorted, but usually i would be able to get a new phone sent to me by orange. but since i got the upgrade i can't!!! it a real ball ache!
can1
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-08-08 13:32
Not much said about 02 apart from it's expensive. Utter rubbish!

I've been on BT\02 for 5 years now and every year I've done price comparisons and they are always cheaper. In fact this year when I wanted to get my T68i I compared all networks and for what I pay £35/month you get the best value for money 200 mins cross network, 50 free texts, international call discounts, free voicemail. If you look at Voda, Orange and T-mobile you dont get anything like that for the money.

I challenge anyone to beat that.

Nokia make me
majurey
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-08-09 13:21
OK, how about this:

Orange Everyday 50 = £15 per month.

- 1500 minutes per month free (off-peak). Thereafter 1p per minute.
- During peak time, I call through a third party (Telco) and pay 5p per min to any phone (landline or other network) in UK.

If you use your 50 minutes free everyday instead of using your landline (if you have one as well), then you're also saving money off the landline.

I use my phone every day, and have never received a bill for more than £30 in one month (unless abroad).
PhoneQueen
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-18 20:42
Whinge, whinge, whinge... *rolls eyes*

No, Orange aren't perfect -- but they try their best to provide an extensive insurance programme and a wide range of business and personal services. No network can possibly give you 100% satisfaction, no matter how hard they try, and frankly -- if you insist on SIM-swapping and such, you have to pay the price. At least Orange is well-protected and offers a 'personal touch'. Orange phones are not locked because they want to be 'stingy'. It's actually a form of crime prevention, and you can always pay to get your phone unlocked if it's such a bother.
*I've had so many phones, I could start up my own network!*
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi