Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > Orange are the Best in the Uk and thats thats! want proof?

Author Orange are the Best in the Uk and thats thats! want proof?
Eleventy7
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-17 19:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:
Vodafone: I don't know why but everywhere is listed that you get charged 12p an SMS whereas all this time I have been charged 10p a text message.

On your Vodafone bill you get charged 10p a message plus VAT - i.e. 12p in total, the other networks all show their bills with messages inclusive of VAT.
riflogic
W960
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 11:48
Thanx for that one KevyCool
lingart
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 12:45
Quote:

On 2002-07-16 23:34, orangeman wrote:
mark.davey - vodaphone are owned by mannesman, who are in fact german - thats worse than french (no offence meant to our german chums)

What are you on? - Voda own Mannesmann - was the largest ever corporate hostile takeover of any German company by a UK firm you idiot?? How on earth can you say its German???

I dont like VODA but at least I will get my facts right. Voda are definitely BRITISH!
riflogic
W960
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 12:46
Thank you. Vodafone own MannesmanD2 and they are indeed British. If you dont believe this look at www.vodafone.com
riflogic
W960
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 12:47
Thank you. Vodafone own MannesmanD2 and they are indeed British. If you dont believe this look at www.vodafone.com
riflogic
W960
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 12:50
dont know what happened there
Eva-m00
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 13:17
I've been on T-Mobile now for ages and i will say the customer service has always been top class, and free! You can find out how many free mins/texts/GPRS data without speaking to anyone! Voda and O2 are dreadful, they dont have a clue at all, on O2 most of time i got engaged tone.. Waste of time.. T-Mob i get a CSR within seconds and are very helpful. I personally can't comment on orange, but i've heard good things about them.

This post was posted from a T68i

Eva-m00
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 13:25
Also, while T-Mobile may not have best network or phone selection, the *quality* of the service is high, they DO have GPRS when get MMS which is CHEAPER than any other network! Texts in bundles are 5p each. Plus i got free MCA-20 with my T68i for £159.99! I love T-Mobile!

Eva-m00
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 13:26
Also, while T-Mobile may not have best network or phone selection, the *quality* of the service is high, they DO have GPRS when get MMS which is CHEAPER than any other network! Texts in bundles are 5p each. Plus i got free MCA-20 with my T68i for £159.99! I love T-Mobile!

ultimatemobiles
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-18 13:41
I have been on Vodafone for 2 years now, with 2 different providers, Vodafone Connect and Singlepoint.

I have to say that I find both to be excellent.

First I'll start with network coverage:

Network coverage is second to none, I always have more signal than any of my friends.
I share a flat in London with 3 other blokes, one on voda and 2 on genie/02.
When we sit in our front room, neither of the genie phones have any coverage at all, whereas us on vodafone have nearly full reception and have to go elsewhere to use their phone.
I have many friends on Orange at home (N. Ireland) and they never complain about netwrok coverage, but I have a friend in London who is always stuggling for reception unless standing outside!
So from my experience I have to say that Vodafone has the best coverage of both the areas I live in.

Secondly Customer Service:

When with Vodafone Connect I had no need to use their customer service for the entire length of my contract so i can't really comment on it. The only time I did ring them was to cancel my contract, which was very easy, I rang them they said fine but they needed a letter, I sent the letter, got a confirmation back and that was it. No salesmen trying to hassle me to stay.

I then changed to Singlepoint, they were offering a good handset deal at the time.
I ordered the phone from a company, Clubmobile, but when I got it there was something wrong with the sim card and I decided to return the whole package under their 14 day returns policy, rather than have to send the sim back to voda etc..
So I sent back the phone, and bought one from another company (same deal), it arrived, worked no problems.
Then however, my original phone was returned, I was told it arrived on the 14th day and therfore was not eligible for return! I was not happy about this, but it was due to a bank holiday and no post!
They said the only thing I could do now was to contact Singlepoint directly.
So i rang them explained, they said that was fine, cancelled my first contract, didn't make me pay for the calls I had made, and they let me keep the phone!

Top class service I thought, I got a free phone which I promptly sold for £150!

Well thats my dealings with Vodafone, I think they are a top notch company and I wouldn't change to anyone else!

Simon
ur quattro
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 14:48
A very hotly debated topic, one which will last forever!

Im with Orange myself, and have used them for several years. Customer service is second to none. Coverage is good, but not fantastic. Luckily its great here in Exeter.

Would however prefer to be with Vodafone, but they are so damned expensive. My brother works as a testing engineer for the pay-as-you-go side of vodafone, and he admits they are very expensive, and customer service could be improved. They do however, have the best coverage, no question.
"My son, ask for thyself another kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee"
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 18:56
Quote:

On 2002-07-18 13:41, ultimatemobiles wrote:
Well thats my dealings with Vodafone, I think they are a top notch company and I wouldn't change to anyone else!

Simon

Yes that's what I thought until this year. Things can happen to make you change your mind though.

Ed [addsig]
ani( ! )al
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-07-18 20:01
I'm on vodafone and have 3 contracts and o2 with 3 and the sigal is almost the same I would say sometimes o2 are better but that could be because I have my o2 card in a t68i and the vodafone one in a nokia3330

but theres one problem I live in tipton st john near exeter and I have NO singal on both......all round devon the sigals on both are very very good

good job my house is rented and buyin a new one in exmouth....

but does anyone know how to boost the signal on the networks do you think I could phone up the networks and ask them to give me some network where I live...?
prodigy
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-03 14:34

I doubt if they will install transmitters for you unless you can supply details of a few others who are also affected. Its interesting how all the networks quote 99% UK coverage except for 121 who claim 99% GB coverage.
Anyone know why?!?

rule!

[ This Message was edited by: prodigy on 2002-08-03 13:52 ]
Eciton
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-03 16:39
Hello folks, been reading for a while and thought I'd finally put my oar in...

I've been with Orange for a couple of years now, and have never really had a problem. The new text message bundles they've introduced are a good idea, at last, and brings the pricing more or less up to date with the others.

Their customer service is OK.

Their range of phones is awful.

My only real beef is since I've got my T68 (hurrah!). I was under the impression that the only reason Orange weren't offering the upgrade to T68i functionality was due to the same testing that delays their phone releases. Of course, the T68i is now out on Orange, and they're still stopping CarphoneWarehouse and Ericsson themselves from updating my handset. I want more pictures. I want faster texting. I want MMS. I want IMAP email. I want picture caller ID. The bastards can't really expect me to fork out another £170 to buy a T68i upgrade, can they? And I don't want to pay for a third-party to do the upgrade because it'll a) void my warranty and b) cost me money, when everyone else is getting it for free.

So my biggest beef with Orange is that they try to control the phone that you bought off them. They put their badge on it, they lock it, and they stop you upgrading it. Great. >:(

Once again, hi all

Eciton
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi