Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > Orange are the Best in the Uk and thats thats! want proof?

Author Orange are the Best in the Uk and thats thats! want proof?
ani( ! )al
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-07-12 20:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm on uk voadafone and they gave me a new t68i after my t68m broke for £20 straight away and it's worth it
tuttut
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-14 12:13
Orange are Crap i would say. T-Mobile are Better than the Best and will overtake orange.

look at Glastonbury, they were sponsored by orange and could my mate use is so called orange phone. NO !!!!! Network Busy, beep beep beep!!!!!!!!

where as i on T-Mobile had No problem all weekend. Every time i used my phone it worked.

So Why have a phone if you can't use it! No point

T-Mobile Rules and works everytime!!!!!
gazobee
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-07-16 12:54
I was also hit by the 'outage'. I phoned Orange later in the day and complained. I asked for some form of compensation as I had been unreachable for the best part of the day whilst job hunting.

They said that as so many people had been affected they would not be able to give any sort of compensation. Excuse me!! So I am paying for a service that they were not delivering and the best they could offer me was nothing. Sorry but if I am payng for something and they are not delivering I believe I am entitled to some form of compensation. Right?

After all I can go into a shop with no money at all and come out with nothing!

After much discussion on their part with me on hold they eventually refunded me one days line rental! £1 or 1.5 Euro.

I should nto have had to haggle for it and it should have been offered to all customers who were affected. After all it was they who f@*ked up!

I like stuff about Orange like the replacments phones under Orange Care but the standards in terms of general treatment of customers are falling. Let's face it though all of the networks are crap at something. Maybe if we were a little less passive they would stay on their toes when it comes to customer relations!
Back in love with the Big O again!
Cactus
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-07-16 14:15
I travelled from Brussels to London this morning and since Orange was the only operator my provider had the GPRS roaming with I had to use its network. I can tell you... the coverage along the rail tracks was as bad as one can imagine... Don't know why, Orange in France worked perfectly all the way up to Calais. I guess they'll have to improve their coverage if they want the roamers' money...

This post was posted from a T68i

kafka
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-07-16 14:34
Gotta say, after my recent Vodafone epiphany that their customer service is second to none. Two different people spent 3/4 of an hour each on the phone to me, eventually solving my GPRS settings problem. That's dedication!
inflexion
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2002-07-16 18:47
vodafone vodafone all my mates are on it and i got my T68m for £55 when everyone else was charging £150 plus when my dad upgraded from a 2110 to a 6150 they gave him £200 credit instead of charging him it so he got his hpone free and calls free for 6months
gazobee
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-07-16 19:24
Vodafone called me this afternoon and offered me a T68i for free. Vodafone 200 at £25/month. Free itemised billing. Free voicemail retrieval. Half price text messages for 6 months. And a £100 credit to my account to drop Orange.

Not sure what to do as I have 9 months left to run on my Everytime 200.

[ This Message was edited by: gazobee on 2002-07-16 18:26 ]
mark.davey
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-16 19:39
Im on vodafone and they are the dogs bollocks and after reading everybodys opinion it sounds like orange are wank and not the best network in the uk and that most peoples opinion on vodafone is that they are the best network. Anyway why buy from a french owned company (orange) and buy british (vodafone)

This post was posted from a T68i

evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-07-16 19:46
Quote:

On 2002-07-16 14:34, kafka wrote:
Gotta say, after my recent Vodafone epiphany that their customer service is second to none. Two different people spent 3/4 of an hour each on the phone to me, eventually solving my GPRS settings problem. That's dedication!

Well I've had the exact opposite experience! I think Voda's customer service is appalilng! I've used them for 6/7 years now and I have to say that this year has been a turning point. Not only over the phone but the shop staff as well. To be fair there are some excellent people working their but they in my opinion are in a minority.

I can't wait to change sp when my contarct runs out!

I take back the postive comment I said about them earlier as you may have guessed!

Ed

[ This Message was edited by: edwardm on 2002-07-16 18:48 ]
inflexion
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2002-07-16 23:04
my mum works for a corperate airtime supplier and she say voda are the best and that orange are unhelpful S&^ts
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-07-16 23:14
Quote:

On 2002-07-16 23:04, inflexion wrote:
my mum works for a corperate airtime supplier and she say voda are the best and that orange are unhelpful S&^ts

Well maybe she hasn't had half as many of the problems I've had with Voda over the last 6 months - God I wish that on nobody!? Maybe the grass is always greener on the other side but I think this year I'll have a taste of the 'greener' grass!

I always believe good customer service is one of the strongest selling points in any business and since Voda got so fat they have lost this in general! I don't get good service but I don't mind paying for it but with Voda you pay for it and as of recent stopped getting it!

Anyway all you who are enjoyng their service I hope it continues for you Unlike me who have been with them for many years and get shitty service now!!

Ed

[ This Message was edited by: edwardm on 2002-07-18 17:59 ]
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-16 23:30
sounds like T-mobile are tight bastards for their employees - only givin staff a 50% reduction in bills - orange charge us employee's 2p peak - 1p off peak to landlines & 1p per min anytime to orange mobies & 3p per orange text 5p cross net - so there.
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-07-16 23:34
mark.davey - vodaphone bought mannesman, who are german - thats worse than french, who bought orange - and orange orginated from from hutchinson (no offence meant to our german chums)

[ This Message was edited by: orangeman on 2002-07-18 21:31 ]
riflogic
W960
PM
Posted: 2002-07-17 01:40
Now everyone, just prepare to read this one. This discussion is going on and on with the same things being repeated over and over again. I am on Vodafone; that does NOT mean that I will automatically say that Vodafone is the best network. I will take the good points and the bad points of all the four networks based in the UK and then come to a final verdict. Here goes.

T-Mobile: I was on this network for almost 12 months a couple of years back when it was known as One2One. All my family members are still on T-Mobile as its cheap and thats just about the only good point about this network. The range of handsets is absolutely CRAP. It still has NOT released GPRS (the only network NOT to in the UK so far). But saying that it is indeed the only network over here to have released MMS. Customer service is not what T-Mobile can be proud of. Next, point I think is the poor coverage of the network. I was lucky if I actually got one bar of coverage in my room. All my calls were missed and I had to return people's call simply because I had no coverage in my room. You cannot roam in some countries either whereas with networks you can. This network gets a mere 2/5.

O2: I have not been on this network and know a very few people on it. A friend of mine is on O2 at the moment and he is desperate to change himself to another netowrk after being with them for consecutive 2 years because they are too expensive. I think O2 without a doubt is the most expensive network. Coverage used to be good some years back. Now I think BT have take some satellites out to cut their debts!!! Nevertheless, O2 have the reputation of having the widest choice of handsets available. Saying that, all the handsets are untouched (no modifications, whatsoever). Also, they are amongst the first to release new technology although they are lagging behind two where MMS in concerned. They have a networking agreement with more networks than Orange and T-Mobile. O2 scores 3.5/5

Orange: Well the network that some people reckon is the best. Customer service is top class. No question about that. It out-qualifies all its competitors in that area. But look at other areas as well before reaching a final decision. Orange, along with T-Mobile hasn't got an impressive range/choice of handsets available, whats more that is puts the Orange logo on the phone just in case if you forget what network you are on!! Nevertheless, this network does offer GPRS like O2 and Vodafone. It is also the only network in the UK to offer HSCSD. It is running way too behind others when it comes down to MMS. Coverage is comsi comsa (can be good or bad at times). It is the most expensive network when it comes down to roaming. Anyway this network still manages an impressive 4/5.

Vodafone: The last network to be discussed. I have been on Vodafone for almost year and a half and intend to keep it that way. Customer service is indeed in need of some training. Majority of the people at the helpdesk will NOT have a clue of what you are on about when you talk in jargon. But still it is the first one along with O2 in a few areas. It has a very wide choice of handsets. Along with O2, handsets have not been disturbed. Coverage, without a doubt is the best. It introduced GPRS some time ago as well. Roaming agreement list is huge and impressive. It is also the only network to offer its customers in the UK to use GPRS when roaming in the EU. It is strangely not as expensive as it sounds. I don't know why but everywhere is listed that you get charged 12p an SMS whereas all this time I have been charged 10p a text message. Vodafone is also coming a close second behind T-Mobile in the MMS department. It notches up an impressive 4/5.

FINAL VERDICT: O2 and T-Mobile are out of the contention straight away. Orange and Vodafone as you can see scored the same. I think Orange will be rated the best network amongst those who need to use customer service and don't fine their own way around (no dis-respect to anyone; just my opinion) and Orange will be popular with the younger generation whereas Vodafone will be rated the best with people who hardly use customer service and have a lot of experience with mobile phones. So Vodafone takes it. Ofcourse, you might not all agree with me because I am on it but this is my final verdict.

[ This Message was edited by: riflogic on 2002-07-17 00:51 ]
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-07-17 19:00
Quote:

On 2002-07-17 01:40, riflogic wrote:
Orange and Vodafone as you can see scored the same. I think Orange will be rated the best network amongst those who need to use customer service and don't fine their own way around (no dis-respect to anyone; just my opinion) and Orange will be popular with the younger generation whereas Vodafone will be rated the best with people who hardly use customer service and have a lot of experience with mobile phones. So Vodafone takes it. Ofcourse, you might not all agree with me because I am on it but this is my final verdict.

[ This Message was edited by: riflogic on 2002-07-17 00:51 ]

Well I think I've got a fair amount of experience with mobile phones! It depends on what you need the customer service for! Wrong bills, broken phones (I'm currently suffering badly at their hands with this one!), the fact that THEY cut you off THEIR services for no reason all require customer service no matter how much YOU know about mobile phones!

I mean get this I took my T68i in with a broken battery clip to get told 11 days later that is was back at the shop but it was broken beyond repair due to water damage?! Then to be had to be sent back off with the receipt (which thet forgot to take a copy of in the first place) to have it replaced with a new phone under warranty?! I talked to them today (after many calls where they never answer the phone) to be told (after they never phoned me back from the original call in the morning) that the SC was now going to repair it under warranty!

So from broken battery clip to water damage to being repalced with a new to now being repaired!!?? What will they think of next when I have to phone them again to get the next weekly installment!

I know this 'maybe' an isolated case but this is what I'm talking about when I say awfull customer service when my knowledge of phones cant help me.

On the general write up you have given I agree with you but GOOD customer service is must in my opinion!

I also only get charged 10p for texts - strange!?

Eds [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi