Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > K700 online update service is back up!

Previous  123 ... 202122 ... 484950  Next
Author K700 online update service is back up!
Fernandinho
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 00:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2004-09-16 14:22:43, masseur wrote:
I just tried it. I have R2L001 in my phone and it gave me a window saying

"The software in your device is the same that will be uploaded to the device. Do you still want to cintinue? Yes or No

when I clicked no it finished with a message saying

"Your device already has the latest software. We look forward to assist you again soon".

Hi all!

I'm Fernando and i've a K700i and I'm from Portugal!

I'm update my K700i a week ago, and today only by curiosity i've tried to updtae once again... this that i quote from a post in the first page of this topic never apear me an allways update my phone if as i haven't the R2L... but i've verificated the firmware version and is the R2L...

Anyone Knows anything about this?

Best regards
j4sp33d
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 08:41
same thing happened to me and also to other people who tried the online update even if they already have R2L on their phones. it seems only masseur got that message. care to enlighten us massuer on how you got that message? a number of people tried updating their phones with the online update hoping to get a message that their phone already had R2L but the update service still continued on updating as if their phones didn't have R2L.
j4sp33d
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 08:45
Quote:

On 2004-09-16 14:22:43, masseur wrote:
I just tried it. I have R2L001 in my phone and it gave me a window saying

"The software in your device is the same that will be uploaded to the device. Do you still want to cintinue? Yes or No

when I clicked no it finished with a message saying

"Your device already has the latest software. We look forward to assist you again soon".

I don't think I want to be the first to click yes

masseur:
care to enlighten us why only you got this message when you tried updating your K700i using the online update service? a number of people tried the service even if their phones were already flashed with R2L but none encountered this message. even i did not encounter this message. the online update just continued on updating our phones even if it's already R2L. thanks
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 08:56
I cannot explain why I get that and you don't, but I can show you a pic of the window I get

then if I click no I get the following

j4sp33d
K750
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 10:23
thanks for the reply massuer. have you read my other posts regarding the problems i encountered after using the online update? my first 2 attempts were successful and i encountered no errors while updating but both screwed up my phone. had it reflashed at a service center but didn't fix it. tried the online update for the 3rd time but i removed the SIM. everything went well but in the end i encountered the "error in communicating with device..." message. i was then instructed to remove the phone from the sync station, remove battery, reinsert it then turn on phone. if phone functions normally start the whole process but if it doesn't then proceed to recovery mode. i didn't do anything because i might do more damage to my phone but the problems i had after my first 2 attempts were gone. it's been almost 2 weeks now since my 3rd update attempt and so far i haven't encountered anything weird on my K700i. everything seems to be functioning normally. btw i already had R2L even before the online update went back up. i just tried the service hoping to get the same message you got but i didn't. i didn't bother stoping the process because it said that it shouldn't be interrupted in any way. i'd like to know if removing the SIM card affected the update in any way? thanks. btw the problems i encountered after going thru the online update were 1)cannot save anything on phone memory even if i still had 42MB free, 2) default theme (waip) doesn't load correctly after doing master reset, 3) tennis game hangs on loading screen and 4) could not delete video clips i recorded even if i do a master reset.
Fernandinho
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 10:56
It's very strange this situation, because the on-line resources of the update of SE is equal to everyone... i don't understand this, but the more logical was appear like apears to masseur, because, if we update on-line and we already have the latest firmware it should give us that information...

Best Regards
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 12:23
Anybody noticed that now the operator name is HUGE ??!! Or is it me ?
Fernandinho
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 14:13
Quote:

On 2004-09-26 12:23:20, Jim wrote:
Anybody noticed that now the operator name is HUGE ??!! Or is it me ?

Don't worry... it's an feature of the new R2L firmware
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 14:15
its certainly no different on mine since upgrading to R2L
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-26 14:23
I didn't see what I had before the upgrade but I'm 90 % sure that now it's bigger and uglier
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-26 14:40
Hmm,..dont know if it could mean anything,..but

some K700i's are sold today with R2L,.. but the people who have had the phone longer, have the older version.
I dont know if this could have any effect in the update service ?

Also there are different language packs (EU1 EU 4 etc) that we install, depending on where we are from,..this would be pretty automated in the update service, as it reads the IMEI number on the phone, I would think.
So maybe these different packs behave a bit differently when we use the service...who knows ?

Also some packs are operator specific,.. and some get "approved" by operators,.. dont know if that goes for all,..

But I think there could be various reasons why some get a message, and others dont

Esato (and other forums) will always be "up to date" with new "software" posts,..so I would suggest that people check here, before trying to update a phone, that might not need updating.
If your phones software says R2L when checking it now, then theres absolutely no point in trying the update service, hehe

br
Jan

Nextlink Marketing Manager and Bluespoon Hardware Designer.
buckle247
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-09-26 14:44
i'm just waiting now for terminator dongle to support k700, then i can get rid of 02 branding on k700 + plus go from version R1A firmware on t610 to R6C
Phone branding is such a pain

[ This Message was edited by: buckle247 on 2004-09-26 13:45 ]
samcuesta
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-27 06:35
Just wanted to share to you that everything went well with my on-line update from R2E to R2L.

My PC was running on Windows XP Home with SP1 installed on a dial-up line.

Pontyslapper
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-09-27 14:06
Has anyone else experienced this very curious and blooming irritating 'feature' of the latest update.

I had email set up to check my home email - useful when out and PC off. Installed latest update from SE update site and it has obliterated the email settings.

Tried to re-input the settings and it just keeps on losing them each and every time - even after a second update, just to check it was OK.

The strange thing is that when I use the same settings name as before the update, the settings appear in the right boxes, they just won't activate.

It just keeps saying that email settings need to be set up! ARGH!

Other than that the update seems fine.
Lembo
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2004-09-27 14:11
FAO O2 users

Just seen this thread. bad news

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=70262
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 202122 ... 484950  Next
Goto page: