Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 8 91011  Next
Author K700 user reviews
rjanes55
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-09-17 18:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
ok ..speaking of the firmware online update ...i heard from sony ericsson directly, that you CAN use the dcu-11 USB cable, instead of the sync stations(dss-20,25) did anyone else hear about this!? i got the dcu-11 off ebay for about $15 it comes with 2 cd's, one driver disk, and one software with 1000 ringtones and images and all that good stuff. well, havent actually recieved it yet! but its coming ha ha ...i hope it works!!!!!!
peltsi
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-01 11:04
it dosent work with cable! i tryed that and it aint work! i even send email tu SE and they said that i wont work with cable, so thats it!
k4m!k4ze
W710 Violet
PM
Posted: 2004-10-05 17:27
Hi Everyone,

Just got a K700i !

Let me clear up somethings which i found misleading(well not excatly misleading but something i thought everyone ought to know which are not in other reviews) in some reviews i read -

Pros of k700 -

1.Pictures are awesome if taken properly(without shaking, with right resolution )
2.Display can be seen clearly even under DIRECT sunlight in mine.
3. Blah blah ....... all you've read on other reviews.

Now some problems I faced -

1. Extremely poor battery life
With 20 minutes of bluetooth use,and around 4-5 hours of camera and video , battery is completely drained !
I mean c'mon when you put such advanced features it makes sense to put a stronger powerful longer lasting battery. Personally i think if they put the T610 battery itself, it would have been better.
Even with some 30 min of battery left when i took a photo with frame effect, the phone just shut down !

2. Video
Nothing serious but your hand has to stable while taking video or it comes out a bit garbled(especially when the object is closer to the camera). Also sound recorded has very low volume and cannot be heard during playback in noisy areas.

3. Sound
I know everyone else is saying it has a loud speaker volume but from my experience i found the T610 to have higher volume than K700. In somewhat noisy areas ( classrooms ) you cannot hear the sound more than an arms length away. ( Of course when some really strict professor is there giving an important lecture, the speaker just blasts away getting you into deep trouble )
One more thing - equalizer for mp3 - Dont expect too much. The difference is very slight and sometimes not noticeable.

4. Limited memory
No expansion slot but hey i'm not complaining. 41 MB is way enough for me.

5. WAP
Browsing is fast enough but i'm having problems downloading. it downloads 20 - 30 KB FAST and then error occurs ( INDIAN USERS please note !!). I dont think this is a problem with the set most probably with my service provider.

6. Menu speed
Menu is absolutely awesome with the animation and all. But i've noticed that when the battery is low, it(the menu) slows down and takes long time to open up and it gets irritating sometimes.

The problem of 2 key getting stuck is true but ABSOLUTELY NO CAUSE for concern. my 2 key got stuck but i didn't notice it for some time and it did NOT affect any options or functionality.

7. FM
FM radio has higher volume than the ringtones. Easily audible but like all other sets you have to connect the headset. i think it would receive the signal even without headset. (i'm planning to try that out)

Final Rating - 9/10

Rating reduced by 1 ? why ? Because of the battery life.
My battery is 670 mAH so i dont know bout the 700 mAH battery which comes with most sets.Somebody please comment on this.

My final opinion on the the phone ?

BUY IT , YOU CANT GET A BETTER PHONE THAN THIS unless of course your willing to spend a few hundred bucks more.

PS. - one more thing if anybody who has this phone has upgraded the firmware , PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how much the battery life has improved.
koljaho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-10-26 14:50
I just bought my k700i too. The firmware is R2L001 and it comes with a 700mah battery. It rox man. I use the phone non-stop and it only drains out after 1 and half day. But the camera is quite disappointing. I don't know why there are pink patches around the screen and the shots taken have so much noise. Please assist me.
k4m!k4ze
W710 Violet
PM
Posted: 2004-10-26 16:21
well my battery is only 670 mAH and if i use it other than for games, it lasts one day ! maybe less !

The dots cant be helped , it occurs for everyone, You need proper lighting to get rid of them.

In night mode, smaller picture size helps to reduce the dots.

About the pink patches - post a pic with them. It happens occasionally with mine but thats only when i'm taking pictures near my PC or in the presence of fluorecent bulbs. Occasionally only !
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence of your attempt !!
effamm
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-14 16:36
I have been a regular visitor of this place easto just because of SE phones,, i had SE 610, SE 630, SE t68i, and Erc t29. I really loved these phones, i used to be proud of my SEs,, and i tell u after buying SE k700i i was feeling on the top of the world, brilliant screen, very good resolution, very good signal strength( I can judge it cuz most of the times i am working at places which are on the fringes of GSM coverage) exceptional speaker quality, very good mp3 player, considerably good FM radio and a nice clean camera. I am person who really expact a lot from cell phones have been using 6600, v200 and stuff for camera as t610 and t630 were not upto the mark as the camera is concerned but k700i has really proven upto the mark i dont miss the picture quality of 6600 or for that matter any other phone, the added light(flash light) is another brilliant edition. i used k700i for about two months, i tell u guys the menu speed is very impressive and the user interface is also very friendly ( i really dont know why some of the people are complaining about slow menu), coming to the battery life,, okie i agree its comparetively less but guys if u dont press the buttons a lot,, and dont use the phone as a camera or dedicated mp3 player it gives u a good backup time, besides i have personally checked the talk time it was about three hours(practical). i dont think so that someone would be using it for this long. Anyways, SE k700i beats all standard phones in almost all aspects but only one thing maade me change the phone after about two months pleasured usage that was 41MB...... i could not increase it as it does not give u any provision for increasing the memory by external mmc. Any ways, i am using Nokia 6230 now its also a very good phone but i tell u SE k700i beats nokia 6230 in screen quality and signal strength, rest of the things are almost the same,, apart from a big advantage of external memory. SE people,, can u please roll out K710i with external memory and with buttons like t610.. i tell u u people can rock the world.
effamm
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-11-14 17:07
Okie, i am replying kllr-dude..........
Batt Life:-

If the phone is used for the purpose of making calls, recieving them, messages and stuff like this believe me the batt is not going to disappoint you, when i was buying the k700i many of my mates asked me to change the decision but as i fell in love with the phone i did not listen to them, i bought it and i tell you i really scrolled the phone from A to Z. The used to put on music(mp3) with the camera on and the flash light operating, and i used to put it on my bed just to check the batt life. Believ me the batt is exceptionally good. A colour phone, with camera, mp3, bright screen, light and radio cant deliver a better batt life i m using nokia 6230, the batt life is more than k700i but u see the screen size is small, there isnt any flash light, the screen is not that bright as well. so its almost the same.

coming towards the software upgradation,,

well i manually upgraded the software from the older version to r2l. the batt life got better may be the difference was of 20% but not more than 25%. but a few added features were a good thing to have( selection of sms and stuff) the phone got a little faster though it was never slow but still it got faster.

So, mr dude, i think SE k700i is a brilliant phone, i am using nokia 6230 but i still miss my k700i (At one time i thought of keeping both but was not possible cuz for couple of days i had both the phones with me and i tell u i was using k700i where as nokia6600 used to enjoy holidays!)

the only problem with k700i is of no extra memory facility. thats it
and thats the only reason i switched over to nokia 6230.
k4m!k4ze
W710 Violet
PM
Posted: 2004-11-15 03:15
@efamm - Welcome to Esato

The battery life is poor because of the mAH value - only 670 mAH (mine) whereas phones on the same level with the K700 have a higher value (T610 has 770 mAH) and also because of the LCD screen which consumes a lot of power.

when i wrote that mini review i had just bought my K700 so the battery had not reached full capacity . I'm getting more time with the battery now.

by the way i wrote that review last month and now i have upgraded my f/w too .

I also mentioned in the last few lines that K700 is the best . Thanks for replying anyway.
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence of your attempt !!
omardeneo
Z520 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-11-25 00:06
I used the phone now for 1 month
many of my friends told me not to get it due to battery life

ok now my battery is 700 mAh it looks bad during the first week but if you keep recharge only when your battery is totally empty it will work better

I'm using the phone with bluetooth HBH-200 and the phone give me total 2 days and half with too much talking and some playing with the cam and radio but not too much maybe 30 min per day

I used before t610, t630, z600 and p800 (i hate it)
the k700i is not the best when we talk about the battery and the phone featuresit's deserve better one but it's ok I can forgive this.

the phone today became my close friend when I used the back light to reach my apartment in 11th floor after the electricity was cut and had to use the stairs (too much dark)

I'm using 2 phones now the k700i and I-mate smartphone 3 (sp3) I know both are totally different and SP3 is more expensive than k700i but when comparing the 1050 mAh of the SP3 which I have to recharge every day with no bluetooth use at all and no FM with the 700 mAh of the k700i i think I can say the k700i one of the best phones available now

[ This Message was edited by: omardeneo on 2004-11-24 23:08 ]
nmshyam
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-01-07 10:46
masseur,
What are the video filetypes supported by k700i? also audio filetypes?
i am finding it a little difficult, while using the wap browser... as i cant go to the main menu while working on net
Also, while using radio, if u browse, lot of noise starts and also few radio features are not good- changing the channel is only possible thro the handset not by the handsfree, reception quality is not always good when compared to a good radio-handset.
But still it is a very good phone. giving "turn on silent mode" in # key is a good idea.
Can u tell me, how this phone ranks when compared to nokia 6600?
One feature i can tell is the extendable memory.
Thanks
Shyam
birkog
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-01-20 11:27
very cool phone! buy it!
trashcanman
W850 white
PM
Posted: 2005-02-25 15:09
I've had my k700i for two months now and I need to charge it just about once a day. At first I found it quite annoying, but hey, I use it alot but not when I sleep!
Does anyone know if charging while the phone is turned on could be better/more efficient? The display reads something like "optimal charging" if the phone is turned on...
At the present time I just have one thing that's a bit disturbing. I use the headset listening to radio alot (maybe the best feature on a phone!) then I get a call, the radio quiets but no "call sound" in he headphones. (Ok, you know somethings up when the music stops but still...) I keep the phone in my inner jacket pocket and when opperating a call the keypad lock is turned off! This has resulted in about 20 blank sms's to the poor guy who's first in my contacts list. This becouse the joystick sticks out a bit and pressed a couple off times, this is what happens!
I got around this by creating a new contact called "A" with the phonenumber "0". I just hope my operator does not charge for sms's sent to an invalid number.

Also I would very much like to get some help on this one!
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=83632#post1128533

/tRasH
chili
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-25 15:25
@k4m!k4ze

Congratulations on your new K700i dude! But it looks like you got an old unit, one of the earlier releases (no. 2 button getting stuck) with old firmware (poor battery life). By all means, get a firmware upgrade! Mine is R2L001 and I don't have the problems you mentioned - menu slowing down when batt is low, etc.
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-02-25 15:31
Hi there

Any 1 no wats the little rubber thing next to the flash light..??
chili
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-25 15:38
@786KBR
You mean on the side of the circle opposite the flashlight? Good question, mate!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic