Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > FMA software and Widcomm drivers

Author FMA software and Widcomm drivers
trashcanman
W850 white
PM
Posted: 2005-02-10 15:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've just found the great software - Float's mobile Agent
It's a must have if you have a SE phone.
With it, you can brows your phone, back it all up sync to outlook, archive SMS's, send SMS's AND call and awnser calls!!! All of this via BT! Let your phone stay in your jacket pocket allways!
Anyway...
to be able to make calls from your pc you have to conect your pc via bt as if it was a headset. And to be able to do this, you would need bt-drivers from widcomm. (This is how I understand things)

Now to the Q's
Where does one find widcomm drivers?
Do they work with any dongle? (The actuall hardware. (I'm using an USB class-2 from ST-Lab))
Is there anyone here doing this? (Pc as bt headset with FMA)

Well, there it is!

/tRasH
AlfBaxter
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-10 15:27
Normally you download them from the manufacturer's website. No, they don't work on any dongle - the hardware is the same, but the manufacturers put license codes in them so that only the newest dongles will work with the latest drivers.

It's a real con - here's a link to some more info, and a guide to cracking the drivers:

http://www.jonscaife.com/

[ This Message was edited by: AlfBaxter on 2005-02-10 14:28 ]
trashcanman
W850 white
PM
Posted: 2005-02-10 15:33
Ok.
So what I need is a patched widcomm driver.
Anyone..?
AlfBaxter
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-02-10 15:37
Ah, sorry - last time I looked the instructions were still there, along with the patches you needed.
Melik
T630
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-02-10 16:56
i got a widcomm driver, but i don't know how to Make calls via my headset
The Knowledge of the Past, is the Key to the Future.

I'm sorry for my bad english. Please Correct my wrong sentences.
Galatasaray since 1905
trashcanman
W850 white
PM
Posted: 2005-02-14 12:30
Well, I'va tried out the widcomm drivers (ver. 3.0.1.905)with fma and I must say I'm disapointed.
The main feature that made me change from windows standard bt drivers was to be able to make/awnser calls using the pc as a bt headset (computers speaker/microphone). I't does work but far from flawless. Making a call is no problem. Awnsering a call, a bit or tricky. And after hanging up a recived call, both my k700 and fma shows it as a missed call. This is not really a big issue and I'm quite sure fma will deal with this. Now to the big downer.
I'm a big fan of the k700 feature - remote, which lets you emulate bt mouse and keyboard using hid-scripts. I use this regular with powerDVD, winamp etc. With windows drivers this work seamlessly. I choose what script to start on the phone and I'm connected! With widcomm drivers I need to pair my phone and pc every time I wish to connect on the computer. Annoying! I just can't seem to get passed this pairing shit!
Furthermore, If I start fma, activate the audiogateway thingy on widcomm, disconnect fma (to use an other bt service) and then reconnect fma - it's SO SLOW!
I'll just have to forget the cool feature where you can take calls with your pc and go back to windows drivers.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi