Esato

Forum > General discussions > Product reviews > Nokia 6230 Reviews (Mobile-review and Mobileburn)

Author Nokia 6230 Reviews (Mobile-review and Mobileburn)
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-04-23 04:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Reviews from both Mobile-review (Eldar's Impressions below)....

The phone does not have any network quality problems, it provides good network quality in various conditions. The ring tones's volume is rather loud, especially if you pick a good mp3 file for that. Vibrating alert's power is average.

No matter how paradox this might sound, but the phone turned out being really polysemantic. On one had this is the best Series 40 phone, at least due to the amount of functions that it has on board. On the other hand a lot of features were realized with huge limitations inside, usually it was caused by the marketing purposes (lack of ability to record radio coverage, dictaphone's maximal length) or lack of testing time (problems with contact groups)

The phone has inborn defects as well, they will not be fixed with time, one of them is the squeaky panels, their overall disorder. This is not very critical, but it does only harm to the phone's reputation, the phone loses the battle for this parameter to other Nokia phones. The improved display can be considered as an advantage, it is the best from all Nokia's phones. Its behavior on the sun is also better, than other Nokia phones. But we'd like to point out that the very same displays from other manufacturers go blind when they hit direct sunlight as well.

The interface's problems will not be fixed in the nearest future, that's why you should keep this in mind in case you are looking forward buying this model. The low recording speed to MMC card is a disadvantage as well. .

Considering the fact that this model is the first representative of phones with built-in memory card slot it can be powered with guaranteed success at the market, especially among those who love to use their gadget's functions to the max. You can not call this phone a fully-functional business solution, there are a lot of defects, the main of them is overall working time. In case you believe this is a fashion phone with rather high price – it is idea solution for you. After the demand for this phone will decrease and the price will be dropped partly this model will be actively bought by students and the youth, who will be using this phone as m3p player. Basically this model will have two separate consumer groups.

At the moment the wholesale price at Nokia 6230 is 294 Euros or 355 dollars. Considering simple mathematical operations saying that the phone will cost about 400 dollars in this quarter is impossible. Considering that this phone will remain unique until middle of summer it will not cost less significantly. The retail price for this model will range from 450 dollars . There will be a little price drop in autumn , the phone will cost 260 euros from that moment , this price will be similar to Siemens S 65. In the future business users will be forced to choose between these two phones, meanwhile the youth will most likely pick Motorola E398 which has mp3 player meanwhile S65 lacks this option. Altogether we get the fact that the company decided to release undone product on the market, as a result it has provided guaranteed sales rate, not extremely high but pretty stable though. At the moment Nokia 6230 is the leader in Nokia's line-up. Considering this fact you should ask yourself do you really need all these functions for such price.

...and Mobileburn (The Verdict below)

So, as you can see, the 6230 has a lot going for it. A radio, MP3 player, MMC card slot, camera with video capabilities, a great Bluetooth system, and a small form factor. That's a lot to like. But there is a big downside, in my opinion. The keypad is really bad. I'd go so far as to say awful. While I was not impressed by the 6230's display, it is really the keypad that makes me dislike the phone. The 6230's looks aren't that great, but looks are not all that important when compared to the awesome functionality this phone possesses. But the primary input method, the keypad, is all that important.

I am giving the 6230 a conditional "Highly Recommended" rating. If you pick up a 6230 in a store and find that the keypad suits you, then consider this rating to be "Highly Recommended". If, like me, you dislike the keypad and d-pad, then consider this a "Recommended" rating.

If you are looking for something else with similar capabilities, consider the Motorola V600, the Sharp GX-32, or the Sony Ericsson T630. While the Sharp is the only one of these three with a memory card slot and MP3 player, the other two have Bluetooth systems equally as good as the 6230.

Highly Recommended *
Pros: Good Bluetooth, MP3 Player, MMC slot, Video playback/recording
Cons: Lack-luster display, bad keypad
* If you can deal with the keypad

[ This Message was edited by: gelfen on 2004-04-23 03:53 ]
MikLSP
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-23 09:44
Yesterday I read the whole review of the 6230 on Mobile-Review & I noticed more bad points than good and more bad points thant u have extracted in the quotes above.
I also d/loaded examples of it's video recordings.....not good I'm afraid!
On the same site the K700 gets a much better review & seems better than the 6230 in most area, including video recording (try the d/loads)

se-nse-a-win;Sell Any Item;[url=http://A-ZoTT.com]A-ZoTT.com[/
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-04-23 10:38
i know. i just took the "conclusion" from each review so the wappers would get an idea of what the reviewer thought.
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi