Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > so who is religous here?

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 112 113114115  Next
Author so who is religous here?
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-23 22:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I scanned the site with three different scanners, and I found nothing.

No virus at all.
*sighs*
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
jagger2k
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2005-10-23 22:46
so its only me then? the virus alert comes up everytime i click that link??
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-23 22:53
i get it aswell, it says virus alert
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-24 01:10
here is something posted from a thread regarding that.

The applications known as Download Accelerator Plus (DAP.EXE) and AquaMark Benchmark (AQUAMARK.EXE) are known to trigger this incorrect identification.

so there must be a program that triggers it for both of you.
I've tried it on an iBook, a Mac Mini and a Toshiba.
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-24 01:11
my comp doesnt like flash presentations, dunno why
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-24 02:20
do you have the latest flash player?
MasterEncoder
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-10-24 07:54
Its just said to me Virus Installing? not sure whats going on ?
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2005-10-24 08:13
Quote:

On 2005-10-22 07:37:17, PeterKay wrote:
The Islamic faith categorically rejects the idea that God was ever born, as opposed to Christian belief that Jesus was born the son of God. Islam also rejects the idea that God shared his divinity with any other being.

i just wanted to correct what seems to be a common misconception among non-christians, since i had a similar debate recently. this is not aimed at anyone in particular but i will adopt some of Peter's phrasing.

from a christian persepective, jesus is an aspect of god inseparable from the whole. he is not a man elevated above others, nor a man whom god blessed with some measure of divinity. he is a part of god. it would be impossible for god to share his divinity with jesus because he would merely be sharing it with himself. in the strictest sense jesus is an avatar of god, and the term "son" is used for the sake of understanding.

@scots: from the christian point of view jesus died for the sins of all (hu)mankind, so anyone born before the advent of christianity or in ignorance of it would be covered if they "repented their sins".
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2005-10-24 10:14
to all those who are getting the virus alert you must do somehting about it, if your all getting the hacktool rootkit this is a very seriuos virus.
rootkits allow people to gain total control of your system, norton probably wont be enough you will need to try several differnet things to get rid depending on where its hidden.
search for f secure blacklight beta and download and let it scan your hidden files and folder. we may need other tools but see how you get on
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-24 16:14
Chapter 97 from The Glorious Quran states:

We have indeed revealed this Message in the Night of Power:

And what will explain to thee what the night of power is?

The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.

Therein come down the angels and the Spirit by Allah's permission, on every errand:

Peace!...This until the rise of morn!

The Night of Power also known as 'Laylatul Qadr' which is better than a thousand months as the Quran states, the night when the Angels decend to the Earth and give glide tidings to those souls which Almighty Allah has chosen until morning.

Although there are different reports in different traditions regarding the exact night, it is almost unanimous that the blessed night occurs in one of the last ten nights of Ramadhan and more probably in one of the last ten odd nights i.e. 2lst, 23rd, 25th 27th or 29th night.

The popular opinion is, however, in favour of the 27th Night of Ramadhan but that is not absolutely certain. The traditions indicate that it is to be sought in one of the last ten nights and referrably in the last three odd nights. It was therefore the practice of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) and his companions to make I'tikaaf (stay in mosque) in the Mosque for the whole time offering Divine service during the last ten days of Ramadhan.

Hazrath Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her) reported that the Holy Apostle of Allah said: "Search for the Blessed Night in the odd nights from the last ten nights of Ramadhaan" (narrated by Bukhari).

Hazrath Aisha (pbuh) has narrated another saying:
"I asked: O Messenger of Allah! Tell me if I were to find a Night of Power, what should I recite therein?" Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) advised her to recite:

Al-laa-hum-ma in-na-ka 'a foow-wan tu-hib-bul-'af wa fa-fu 'an-ni.
O Allah! You are Forgiving, You love forgiveness, so forgive me. (Bukhari).

Special attention should therefore be given to the excessive recitation of this dua on the blessed night. Furthermore one may engage in lengthy rakaats of Tahajjud salaat, Tilaawat of the Quran, Dua, Zikr, etc.

The worship and the vigil of the Night of Power are a treat to the soul. The heart tends to melt into tears of heartfelt gratitude. The body is in a state of angelic ecstasy The soul strives to reach nearer to Almighty Allah. In this holy month of Ramadhan let us strive to seek the Night of Power and its bliss. May Allah reward us with His bountiful blessings. Amen.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-24 16:19
Quote:

On 2005-10-23 04:56:28, amnesia wrote:
well there are two ways to look at it.
Conveniantly we are not supposed to question God.
At the end of the day, much of religion boils down to faith and understanding that there may have been a good reason for things happening at the time they did.

You have a mind capable of questioning God, by your own belief system God gave that to you. So why don't you use that gift?

I have always been one to question such things as religion and in my professional life I have been taught to question and debate issues. Faith can be a great thing, but I am not so much a fan of blind faith for the sake of it.

Quote:

or if you wanted to think of it realistically, then maybe religion was brought down at a time where people were intelligent enough to follow a religion and at a time where societies were beginning to shape 'properly'.

Well religion has existed for millenia and I think it would be a fruitless task attemptinjg to prove that that people were anymore intelligent at certain points in history when various religions were founded. Intelligence isn't just technology or science or reaing and writing; it is also the ability to reason and think. Those are traits that have always existed in human beings.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
brownlad007
V800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-24 16:55
Quote:

On 2005-10-14 22:28:30, brownlad007 wrote:

3. why is the majority of the muslim youth in the UK so corrupt ? i do not see them following any rules of islam.

[ This Message was edited by: brownlad007 on 2005-10-14 21:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: brownlad007 on 2005-10-14 21:37 ]

If you watch the news you will see that this quote i made a few weeks back is true. The streets of birmingham have become a battlefield between blacks and asians(muslims). even though SIKHS have had nothing to do with it, they are being dragged in also and have been attacked.

[ This Message was edited by: brownlad007 on 2005-10-24 15:56 ]
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-24 17:01
word on the street is that a gang of 17 muslims raped a 14 year old jamaican girl
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-24 17:02
Word on the street can also be lies !!
solidsingh
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-24 17:03
not from the people i heard it from