Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > so who is religous here?

Visitors browsing this topic: 2
Add to Bookmarks
Author so who is religous here?
leew347
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-04-14 00:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
well if it is its the only one im in lol
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-14 00:26
I dont say there is no god, but dont believe in it. More there is sg a kind of power and untouchable inteligence what keep nature together. But i dont like if we try to put on a kind of sticky on it and call god, allah, jehova or whatever.

This message was posted from a R520

buckle247
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-14 00:31
i'm with massuer that i need proof and evidence before i can belive. But i really don't think that there is any such thing as a god, if you read the bible it is too far fetched to be true. Talking snakes, walking on water, turning water into wine. It all happpened a long time ago when people would belive anything and there were no scientists to proove otherwise.
Rui_Costa
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2004-04-14 00:35
I believe there is something out there. I can't tell what it is.... I'm not religous then?!

[ This Message was edited by: Rui_Costa on 2004-04-13 23:36 ]
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-14 00:40
I agree with the previous point!..Relgion had been handed down in some shape or form from generation to generation..We are all led to beleive that the religion we are born into is the true path!.Who's idea was that goddamit!!..I am tried of looking at people killing or hateing each other because of there faith or belief..Why cant there be just one universal belief so we can come together as one!..Sorry im getting a bit philasophical here..lol..The human over the centurys have killed millions of each other all in the name of God!.And were all promised Heaven if killed for there faith!!..What kind of religion or god would encourage this??..God is supposed to be about Love and Peace!!..Anyway i could go on forever!...Thats why i'm a Agnostic. [addsig]
leew347
K700
PM
Posted: 2004-04-14 00:45
Quote:

On 2004-04-14 00:40:24, axxxr wrote:
I agree with the previous point!..Relgion had been handed down in some shape or form from generation to generation..We are all led to beleive that the religion we are born into is the true path!.Who's idea was that goddamit!!..I am tried of looking at people killing or hateing each other because of there faith or belief..Why cant there be just one universal belief so we can come together as one!..Sorry im getting a bit philasophical here..lol..The human over the centurys have killed millions of each other all in the name of God!.And were all promised Heaven if killed for there faith!!..What kind of religion or god would encourage this??..God is supposed to be about Love and Peace!!..Anyway i could go on forever!...Thats why i'm a Agnostic.

I truly agree with you. People Like hitler killing all the Jews.
its scum n pathetic
Rui_Costa
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2004-04-14 00:52
God gave humans free will. Then came politics!
W950i, P900 & HBH-662
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-14 00:59
Evidence? There is no one for or against it. It would like i would ask for the evidence that u like your mom. U cannot present me any, so i have to believe you. That is real faith and trust in sg untouchable.

This message was posted from a R520

Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-14 01:57
I think that it's in human nature to want/need to believe in something - a lot of people have gotten disillusioned with 'traditional' religions over the last few decades, and there seems to be a sudden rise in all these 'eastern' religions and ways of life - things like buddhism, Feng Shui, and so on. It almost seems now that people pick 'n' mix their religions depending on what they believe in.

I at the moment don't believe in anything - and in a way it's driving me nuts! I guess I have a spiritual side that's totally unfulfilled, I am too questioning and cynical to believe in anything like religion I think as well that some of this was invented as we, as a people, can't cope with the fact that we all die and can't handle the fact that we would cease to exist... anyway, I think I'll shut up before this post gets too depressing!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-14 02:29

The problem is the rulers and powers that be are evil!! [addsig]
Mohammed98221
P1
PM
Posted: 2004-04-14 02:52
I believe that there may be a god or creator but i don't believe in religion.i think its a human creation.its been with us since the begining,its like an in built instinct that we've developed just like the fear of spiders and i believe one day we'll grow out of it.and btw i'm not communist either :-)

This message was posted from a T300

gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2004-04-14 03:11
i disagree almost entirely with religion, but I am a firm believer in faith. religion is what you are told - to believe, how to act, who to associate with and, increasingly, who to destroy. faith is what you decide to believe for yourself. however, a key element of faith is doubt. without doubt, faith and belief cease to be an issue because it becomes a fact. if God was to undeniably prove His existence, nobody could believe anymore and He would lose a lot of his meaning to many people.

also remember this - any sufficiently advanced technology is no different from magic (imagine taking a cigarette lighter back to the time of cave men.)
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-14 09:35
Quote:

Evidence? There is no one for or against it. It would like i would ask for the evidence that u like your mom

Excellent! Capital example I'm sure there is a God above. Because I'v experienced it.

Edit: Btw what exactly is Big bang? What does it do?

[ This Message was edited by: Ayush on 2004-04-14 08:36 ]
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-14 09:43
big bang is the idea that because we 'see' the event in space 'now' (well.... lightyears away really) in what we think is the becoming of new planets (hi ho hubble ) this must undoubtedly be what happened to our own planet as well.

While I fail to believe there is some big entity that waived it's hand and suddenly there was earth, complete with humans on it..... i gotta say evolution theory leaves too many gaps to be scientifically sound

Since i am fairly sure dinosaurs did exist at one time... i do believe the story of creation as presented in certain holy books is somewhat besides the truth
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-14 09:44
Some what exagerated
Ayush
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic