Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > The pda phone that may crush the p800 !!

Previous  12
Author The pda phone that may crush the p800 !!
mhorton
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-03 16:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Not to sure. It looks okay. But I do like the P800 better
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-03 20:40
andrew99 > 3970 ?? I havent heard about that one

I guess that could be the next model out,..but I havent seen any info on that yet.

Jan
Armin
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-03 20:51
I've ordered the LOOX and it should be in my mail on the 15th of july.
Price Ģ500...
jspitia
W800
PM
Posted: 2002-06-03 21:23
Itīs looks too big, I still prefer P800.
mikael
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-06-03 22:28
My comments on this topic are this.

This came to me whilst talking to a friend. I was saying how I needed a new phone after selling my t68 last december in anticipation of the t68i design. (Same software when updated, I know).

Also at this time I was planning to by my first computer. We were talking about the features of what the t68 can do and what a computer can do. And then it dawn on me that, over the past 8 years since Ive been an avid mobile phone freak, I have been looking for a phone that has computer features.

I belive so much in wireless that Id bet money on it.

Mobile or Landline?
Laptop or computer?

We all know we love mobility. We want to do want we want, when we want.

Then comes practibility.

Laptop or PDA?
Big Mobile or Small?

We all Love smal, compact, neat even cute things. But we all also love that power that the big devices do.

So we have to think here, What is best for me?

For me I have decided that my mobile is just for talking, texting and conectivity. (ocasional Waping.)

I.e T39.

Pros,

Small, robust, E-mail client, conectivity.
Cons,

Visability.

Now we all love visability and design. thats why we love the 9210 & the t68 for there colour screen and nice design. (Thats how life is made up of, colour & design.)

So as we yern for more features and colour screens. We start to enter the teritory of the Computer. (Pc, Mac, unbiased term.) As this is where ther comes conflict as we try to cram all the features of a computer into a phone.

So with this in mind we look at the mobile computer,

Laptop or pda?

For me I choose the pda. Reasons being, nice screen for wap & web browsing (more visual). E-mail (more visual, attachments.). Contacts (more visual, Photo's.). Office. (spread sheets, Visual dependant. Word etc.)

You can not get theese things from your mobile satisfacturily.

So get something that can!

Foe me Im looking at not to distant products like the,

Fujitsu Siemens LOOX

or

Compag Ipaq 3970.

Both with the new Xscale 400mhz processor. More than enough power for on the road communications and office.

(But I did consider the P800 before I came to terms with my relisation.)

The thing that has been need for the marriage of the to things was Bluetooth. Now that it is here, I feel that we should concentrate more what we use use device for.

I have to end this note which has ended up to be an article. I hope that this benefits anybody who reads this.

I would apreciate if you could emial me your coments.

Thankyou.

I belive very much in wireless.

andrew99
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-05 11:48
Jan

The 3970 is on expansys... which means it will exist, eventually!
It makes sense though, Ipaq is the top Pocket PC pda brand, so you would expect them to get the new processor sooner or later. I'm just worried it might be much later.

Andrew
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-07 21:39
Yeah sure, eventually it will arrive,...and will be called HP Ipaq from now on,..not Compaq.

Expansys are always "ahead", so yes it might take a while. I dont think Hp/Compaq have even built it yet, hehe.

I've been using the H3870 (I borrowed a model),..and I dont think its slow in any way. And the one with bigger processor will most likely cost even more Compaq usually do.

I'm still waiting to test the LOOX.

Just tested the JOEY pda/phone,..very neat. I would hope that Compaq would make something similar (the JOEY XDA is actually built in the same factory as Ipaq/same quality).

Jan

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi