Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Agile Messenger and everyones problems

Author Agile Messenger and everyones problems
ghostgum
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-08 23:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have installed Agile to my p900 last night. Two things: Yahoo works famously, however, with Aim, I see my contact list and who's on, but I can only receive messages. When I try to send anything, it looks as though it's sent, but the other party never gets it.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

[ This Message was edited by: ghostgum on 2004-04-08 22:32 ]
sfaguy
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-04-09 00:44
kpence,

Would you explain what you mean by cancel unlimited T-Zones for $4.99/month, yet IM+ and Agile work after that? Also, how do you check messages, like Yahoo mail without T-Zones?

a couple of people mentioned 'FREE WAP' here. how does it work and do we have to pay for this? I really want to get my IM+ to work.

I'll be happy not to pay T-Mobile $4.99 and get this to work.

Please let us know how to do this.

[ This Message was edited by: sfaguy on 2004-04-08 23:56 ]
kimcheeboi
T610
PM
Posted: 2004-04-09 05:19
For your info, the free wap uses your plan minutes (well it used all my friends').

This message was posted from a T610

sfaguy
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-04-09 06:59
hello,

how do they track minute usage for free wap if you are basically using data?

can anyone vereify this? i would like to try using free wap for IM+
sfaguy
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-04-09 18:42
More updates for IM+ V1.5 for T-mobile US

got AOL & ICQ working...see my posting "IM+ V1.5 for T-mobile US"

[ This Message was edited by: sfaguy on 2004-04-09 17:53 ]
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2004-04-09 19:11
wished agilemessenger has option of copy and paste.

we can see whois online on AOL but we cant send message; but we can receive.

agile (aol) to agile (aol) - send and receive - no problem
agile (aol) to pc (aol)- pc canT receive
PC (aol) to agile (AOL)- agile can receive
[addsig]
3angled
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-13 17:57
Try http://www.gamemobile.co.uk/iminstantmessenger.htm which the newest version is just released it works on any straightforward connection wap, gsm, gprs, etc.

Fab.
kpence
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-04-13 22:48
The Free Wap doesnt use minutes...but Tmobile thinks you cant really use it for anything...but i find Opera works fine and so does AM. I called them up and told them i didnt want the Tzones anymore but set my account for free wap and they said I would not be able to access the tzones menu, which you can't. But everything else works fine.
a3sheqel3eooon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-14 04:30
HELLO ALL

I'm a T-mobile USA user and I have AM, the final virsion 2.1 i guess.

I started like everyne with the 1.01 then updated all through and went through everything that everyone else went through... i.e no conenction, losing yahoo, etc.

Now MSN and Yahoo are perfect. AOL shows everyone offline until they contact me first, then they are seen online! yet they still don't recieve my messages. I am concluding that it's a server issue because every now and then some messenger has an issue of displaying or dellivering messages despite being connected.

Remember that the new messenger saves you the flat rate of "Picture Messaging" cost of $4.95/month or 25c each since u can now send pictures.

When I switched to "Internet2" access point i did it to gain access to the VDR-C application, the real player rtsp:// files and radio, and Agile messenger. I soon realized that they don't know yet what they were doing because the people who change ur plans are not data technicians and have no clue of what access points mean. I then cancelled that 19.95 and went back to 4.95 t-zone and no one closed my internet2 access.

Now, can i have this free WAP and still keep everything else like the streaming vedios that internet2 offers? can we keep both the free wap and the t-zone together? why cant we have all the access points possible working on one phone? we need a lot more info on the free wap issue especially if it runs the realplayer streaming protocols.

thanx all, i enjoyed reading everyone else's postings and knew i wasnt suffering alone hahah
unleached
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-15 04:44
Like "ghostgum" I am also haveing problems with the other party receiving my messages on aim. I see my buddy list and receive fine. When I use agile aim to send a message to a moblie phone, the other phone will recive a blank message. Aim users wont receive anything.
I use a nokia 3600 (cingular) with gprs and wap. Both connection types do the same thing.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi