Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Agile Messenger and everyones problems

Previous  123  Next
Author Agile Messenger and everyones problems
kpence
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-03-10 22:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
All of these "internet" settings and internet apns that work in europe do not work in the US. TMobile has to activate your account for the internet apn and when they do, you get charged $19.99 a month.
bensonl
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-03-10 23:25
As kpence has said several time - if u r on T-Mobile US u can only get AM2 with the $19.99 internet plan. No european settings will help. U can only use the settings ur service providers supply. Can't fool them with other provider settings.
Now with the T-Mobile US $19.99 plan there are two options the internet2 plan and the internet3 plan. I have the internet3 plan which works fine with AM2 but I have read also that the internet2 plan works also. So either internet plan should work but it must be the internet plan and not the wap t-zones plan.
For those that want the old AM1.x that can work on the wap settings try contacting Yoshi77.
Life gives u a thousand chances, all u need 2 do is take one. (PA, USA - P900 T-Mobile)
ghettokidd_3187
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-03-11 21:54
I have the 19.99 plan, but I still cannot connect to Agile or IM+. I checked the settings and the address says wap, when I changed it to internet or internet2, I recieved an error message. Help please.
ghettokidd_3187
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-03-12 19:03
Agile problem not my problem anymore. Thanks for the help. I have the 19.99 plan and still couldn't connect to Agile, but when I changed the settings address to internet3.voicestream.com, voila, I was connected. Thanks again.
peterpannetje
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-03-12 19:12
That's the reason i use http://start.e-messenger.net/mobile

it works great! You can also read your hotmail account!
sfaguy
W800
PM
Posted: 2004-03-12 19:29
would you eleborate a bit what http://start.e-messenger.net/mobile does and does not do?

is this a free product?

I can't seem to connect to it. It says 'your request for a service could not be fullfilled....'

[ This Message was edited by: sfaguy on 2004-03-12 18:32 ]
peterpannetje
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-03-12 23:30
It's all free...it's a based on an open msn messenger protocol

You can find more information on: http://www.e-messenger.net

kpence
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-03-14 05:34
The only problem with that is it is only MSN. What about yahoo and aol? I know yahoo has a mobile messenger wap version, but those wap message websites don't notify you if a contact comes online or messages you...you have to manually check. At least the program clients that you install on the phone can "vibrate" or make a sound when someone messages you.

To make a comment on someones statement that the old AM1.x works....acutally it doesnt seem to be working either. I got my hands on the p800 version of agile messenger 1.x and it wont connect to anything either. it connects to the master server because it will download the upgrade, but it wont connect to any of the chat servers.
pinkz
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-03-14 08:42
hey,
i have the agile messenger on my P900 but i cant seem to get it working right. i have even gone online and seen all of my hotmail contacts, but i cant talk to them.. i cant seem to figure out the problem. plz help!!!

djc978
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-14 23:41
I got Agile Messenger to work (using the clues in this thread and some guesswork), and if it helps anyone here's the info.

I'm in the US, with T-Mobile, I have the $19.99 internet plan, I'm only trying to connect to AIM, I have a Nokia 3650, and I'm installing the AM version that I downloaded today (Mar 14 2004). Sounds like there's an infinite variety of combinations out there, so I'm only vouching for this one.

T-mob had told me when I got the plan that all internet access simply went through the pre-configured t-zones access point. Turns out that's not the only way to go.

As suggested by jtrascap I started by creating a new Access Point (menu> settings> connection> access points; and from there options> new access point> use existing settings). On the form to specify the new connection I supplied a connection name e.g. "Internet", and left the data-bearer as GPRS. I set the Access-Point to internet2.voicestream.com (first I tried "internet." without the 2, but that didn't work. you might have different results.). The username and password are my existing T-Mobile account, i.e. my user name is my phone number. I left all the other fields alone including the Gateway IP address that was already provided (I guess its there because I chose "use existing settings").

That created a new access point, and I verified that it worked by connecting my browser. (This is where I did the trial-and-error to get the right *.voicestream.com address).

When I ran AM again, I made sure to select this new access point. I tried getting to AIM, and it worked right away.

Hope that helps.

P99
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-03-15 00:04
As a matter of fact, IM+and TipicME also DO NOTWORK with tmobile for theexact same reason. <<<< im on free wap and im+ is working fine

This message was posted from a P900

P99
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-03-15 01:06
^ im on free wap and im+ is working fine so as my agile (old version) though.

This message was posted from a P900

kpence
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-03-16 00:17
P99, are you in the US though? I have the 4.99 tzones plan in the US and none of tipicme, im+, or the old version of AM work. they all just sit at the "connecting" phase and then nothing.
kpence
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-03-23 19:20
IF YOU ARE ON TMOBILE US AND HAVE TZONES...CANCEL IT AND REQUEST THE FREE WAP ACCOUNT.....AGILEMESSENGER WORKS WITH IT!!!!!!

amazingly with the tzones 4.99 and 9.99, programs like agilemessenger, tipicme, and IM+ dont work...but with the free wap they do. I can even use the build in email function (under messages) and still get to my pop3 email account....which I am supposed not to be able to....apparently the only thing that paying for tzones gets you is just that stupid tzones menu with the tmobile custom stuff.
imanuk
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-23 19:33
I just went back to the previous AgileMessenger, 2 forces you to use a GPRS/WAP account and doesn't allow for use of your PCs connection via bluetooth for example.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi