Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > nokia 3200

Author nokia 3200
joebmc
S700
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 18:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This 3200 seem's to be aimed at early - mid teens right?

If so surely teens these days have a little more style then to buy a plastic looking phone, seeing as they all want designer this and designer that!

Surely they would want designer looking phone (t610,t68, or a nice looking nokia if there is one) to go with there image's and not the tacky 3200!!!

[ This Message was edited by: joebmc on 2003-12-09 17:24 ]
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 19:15
@mmsman
@gelfen

Flying Finn is a die-hard Nokia defender. So anything you say to him, he wont understand it, and won't try to.
The Hurny guy is just an a**hole. Forget him. [addsig]
Delta 9
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2003-12-09 20:03
I think the 3200 is okay, a slimmed down 7250 wearing a 3100 jacket. But to be honest if the 3200 and a T610 are both free on a contract there is no doubt people choose T610. Even if they don't use Bluetooth, themes etc. people do understand 65 k is better than a 4k screen and 32 poly is better than 16. Besides it just looks better.

People step in my shop telling me they only need a phone to make calls and send messages. Then they leave with a phone that has a colour display, polyphonics, GPRS, IR etc. The box will say Nokia so the argument Nokia understands people needs doesn't really apply. They are just better in selling people things they don't need.
akismei
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-12-10 00:49
we cannot compare 65k screen of the t610 with the 4k screen of the nokia 3200.
the winner is surely the t610 even thought the pictures doesn`t appear as good as in my gd87!

the reason why i didn`t choose t610 and decided to buy the nokia 3200 was the sar level of the t610 and the absence of loudspeaker!

i realy take into consideration the sar level of a mobile phone ,and that is why i have owned a t68i(very low sar level) .but now the t610 has 0,8 sar level and the nokia 3200 has 0,56!!

maybe this looks stupid to some people but i prefer my sar levels low even though i liked the t610 so much.
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-12-10 01:19
@ mmsman: dude, i need to take a breath after reading that one. you go boy! i have to agree with the statements you made about the hpr-20 UI (as i have said previously in this thread).

@ Krubach: i know, but i enjoy a good argument - as long as it remains an argument and doesn't degenerate into a slanging match.

@ Flying Finn: it's true nokia may have been first with those things, but one problem i have found with them is that once nokia introduces something they tend not to advance it for a long time afterwards. examples being the prehistoric UI, implementation, overall appearance/design, screens, polys, 3G features. i will admit, however, lately there have been some exceptions. wrt games, covers and radios, nobody in all honesty needs those things so IMO they can't really be claimed as genuine breakthroughs (although they are good marketing tools).
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
lowrida5656
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-12-10 06:19
wats "sar level"??
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-12-10 06:36
SAR stands for "specific absorption rate", and is a measure of radio wave exposure associated with use of the handset. To quote the standard blurb in the manuals:

Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) is the unit of measurement for the amount of radio frequency energy absorbed when using a mobile phone

you can check the SAR levels of your handset by going to the website, selecting your model and click on "Support". there should be links to the SAR information in PDF format.

the main deal with SAR is to limit exposure and reduce your risk of developing cancer from using a mobile phone. theoretically a lower SAR means a lower cancer risk, but there is no real evidence to suggest that mobiles cause cancer. there are plenty of contrary trials and surveys from all over the world.

btw - SAR for Z600 is 0.16 W/kg

[ This Message was edited by: gelfen on 2003-12-10 05:39 ]
hurny
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-12-10 10:22
I posted here I'm sure of it- now its not there.

Oh well- in a nutshell mmsman,
Finn flogged you mate! Just shows how much incorrect stuff you just put in your posts.

The fact is- Nokia have built in Radio. SE dont.
SE make you buy an extra plug in radio- to make more money!! Its just the same reason why they make memorystick duo's- you have to buy THEIR stuff (Sony). Nothing else will work.
Nokia's memory cards are MMC and you can buy them from anyone.

I have a T68i, T610 and P800 (and an old Ericsson T20e somewhere). I can safely say that Nokia is better.
If you have never owned a Series 60 phone from Nokia (which you havent), then you'll never know what quality is!

If you like SE, then buy SE- They need all the costomers they can get just to stay afloat. Nokia dont. They've got plenty of business (actually the most!!), without friggen SE pansies like yourself buying their stuff.

Suck that!
Nokia Sux? Put a logo on it and you'd think it was awesome!!
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-12-11 03:21
ooohhhh hurny! did you get stung my friend?

you were getting a little personal there mate.

i think it should be noted that flying finn didn't correct a single thing mmsman said. as far as i could tell neither of them made one factual error. the only differences were in opinion, since they both spoke about different features on different models.

i'm curious as to exactly which nokia you thought was better than a P800.

Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-11 03:51
@mmsman: is THAT an eloquent speech or what?! Ok, so we can see that u wrote all that in one loooong breath (took me more to read it than 1 breath) but i can safely say that hurny is no match 4 you in terms of tech knowledge or I.Q. Just let him be.

@Flyinng F@^%: i just read ur answer to me and i can say that u r UNABLE to understand a joke and just showed me how prejudist u can be regarding one`s origin. It`s the way i am u should judge, not where I come from. But oh well, YOU r the bigot and the prejudist, not me and i am happy that somebody showed me diff`rent and that`s the way it is.
sn3ipen
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-12-11 03:51
I tried to check out Flying Finnīs post historry and foun out that almost every post he is posting in esato forums is in the discussion betwen nokia and

So my quetion to Flying Finn is: Is this your hobby or do you try to convince us to buy Nokia phones.

If so.... forgett it!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: speedooh on 2003-12-11 02:53 ]
orange
R520
PM
Posted: 2003-12-11 07:19
Quote:

On 2003-12-11 03:51:37, speedooh wrote:
I tried to check out Flying Finnīs post historry and foun out that almost every post he is posting in esato forums is in the discussion betwen nokia and

So my quetion to Flying Finn is: Is this your hobby or do you try to convince us to buy Nokia phones.

If so.... forgett it!!!!

As far as I can see most of his posts correct some false information someone else has said. And it usually concerns Nokia phones. And when he corrects something he also very often get flamed...
hurny
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-12-11 08:58
Quote:
i'm curious as to exactly which nokia you thought was better than a P800.

Well I think the 3650 is better than the P800. It can do more than it. There is more, and better symbian software for it, and it has a better OS.
The touch screen on the P800 is great, but feature wise- it aint got nothing the 3650 hasnt.

Before you comment mmsgirl, have you owned both? No. So you actually cant comment.

Come back when you've held a Nokia and found what a great piece of technology it is.

@701- go kill yourself so we dont have to waste time reading your posts. You worthless SE fan.
Nokia Sux? Put a logo on it and you'd think it was awesome!!
Flying Finn
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-12-11 10:55
Quote:

On 2003-12-11 03:51:37, speedooh wrote:

If so.... forgett it!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: speedooh on 2003-12-11 02:53 ]

You should have also noticed the dozens of "I'm not trying to make anyone buy a Nokia, just correcting this and that" type of comments by me.

Quote:
@ Flying Finn: it's true nokia may have been first with those things, but one problem i have found with them is that once nokia introduces something they tend not to advance it for a long time afterwards. examples being the prehistoric UI, implementation, overall appearance/design, screens, polys, 3G features. i will admit, however, lately there have been some exceptions. wrt games, covers and radios, nobody in all honesty needs those things so IMO they can't really be claimed as genuine breakthroughs (although they are good marketing tools).

The newer Series 40 phones (3100, 3200, 5140, 6220, 6230, 6650, 6810, 6820, 7200, 7250i, 7600) have a grid view menu like SE phones if that's what you mean. Nothing historic about their UI, if only you had tried them before calling them that. 5140, 6230, 6820 and 7200 also have the newer Series 40 2.0 UI version which adds a 3rd softkey to the middle to compensate the small screen (the fonts are a little smaller too). 3G Series 40 phones - 6650 and 7600 so far - come with a 128 x 160 screen (65K colours in the 7600).

The Series 60 UI is INARGUABLY one of the best out there.

Overall appearance/design...don't you think that's a matter of opinion? "that nokia is ugly" isn't a very valid argument.

The Series 60 phones have always been said to have good screens. The older Series 40 phones didn't have that good screens but the new UI version (plus new components) and increasing the number of colours up to 65K has helped.

Games and covers are one of the most important evolutions in mobile phone history. Thanks to Nokia.

"Nobody in all honesty blah blah blah.." Come on. You have to put some effor to that.

[ This Message was edited by: Flying Finn on 2003-12-11 10:17 ]
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2003-12-11 11:35
Quote:

On 2003-12-11 08:58:45, hurny wrote:

Well I think the 3650 is better than the P800. It can do more than it. There is more, and better symbian software for it, and it has a better OS.

That amazes me... 3650 better than P800?!?!?
I admit that series 60 phones (the pretty normal ones, not N-Gage or any other taco phone) are good and i would probably buy one if didn't exist. But 3650 BETTER THAN P800...

It has better OS?!?!? Symbian 6.1 is better than Symbian 7.0?
Must prove that, i'm not saying that 7.0 is better than 6.1 but logic tells that it is.
And if it's so, how come the new series 90 work over Symbian 7.0?
Just because of touchscreen support?

Hurny you are suffering of mental diarreia. Every thing that comes out from your head is pure CRAP!

[ This Message was edited by: Krubach on 2003-12-11 10:38 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic