Esato

Forum > General discussions > Esato forum > Maybe a separate T68i forum section??

Previous  123  Next
Author Maybe a separate T68i forum section??
evoke
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-12 02:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Most T68 users seem to put the T68i in the topic title anyway so u therefore know which phone the topic is about without a need for an seperate forum. Ed

This post was posted from a T68

[ This Message was edited by: edwardm on 2002-04-12 21:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: edwardm on 2002-04-12 21:41 ]

decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-12 05:35
jeff,

i hear you, maybe a short message to the admin people will eradicate the judegmental comments coming from all above.

anyway, as stated before, admins please note - this site has more and more crap being written by geeky folk like myself who are really getting sadder by the day just trying to build up that post # count - so how about deleting it for a while to see if people stop writing unneccessary trash - or do you wish to promote people making more posts for hits/stats purposes? if so, then well done and fair pla to you.
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2002-04-12 06:23
Well. I seldom look at the member post-count any more, only the username. I don't think the post count is the only indicator for valuable input.

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2002-04-12 06:24 ]
Eric's Son
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-12 10:34
Well guys...all this talk about people posting rubbish, have you ever thought that they might not think that its valuable information? The people who are always complaining about this are the people who have been members for months... I feel like like forum gets boring a little but thats all my questions have been answered! So its different for a new user. So they aint posting rubbish... Your just getting bored with your phone and the site because you done it all...

boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-04-12 11:40
yeah, right! separate forum sections for t68 and t68i? yes that would be sensible now. earlier there were just a few things to discuss. so the need to expand and divide subjects to many sections was not yet necessary. but now that there are more good cellphones coming out, more functions to discuss, more menus to discover, and the technology is continously growing.... i would tend to agree that we should have more forums to name. so that those who sneer at those who are slow in discovering functions. and those who are concieted, very self-centered and self-admiring people, those who think they are smart and know all.... can skip the named forum subjects they don't want, and find something else to look into.

to the guys at esato. keep up the good work here!
thanks for maintaining the site!

lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-04-12 15:47
bad idea, the phones are the same and when the software comes out, there won't be much difference. [addsig]
socarb
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-12 15:54
Escobar, luv your sense of humor!

ESATO-boys, keep up the good work!

JeffHarris, you are excused....

Remember, mobiles are for "connecting people", not for dividing them!

arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-13 09:45
@escobar: I laughed out loud with that one man!!!
pinolo77
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-13 11:04
I suggest that laffen creates rooms for t68,t65,etc... So that the info can be found more effectively.But keep the general running.I found some very interesting thoughts in there.It is not a question about better or worse phones.Just about finding what you are looking for without having to read through 1000 posts and see he it has already been posted somewhere else.No wonder people ask ten times the same questions...

decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-13 11:54
laffen,
i'm not talking about you looking at peoples post count - i'm talking about people wanting to increase their own count...whether you look at it or not.

Eric's Son,
a large number of posts here are people talking sh** whether that's my opinion or not is not being disputed.
how many posts are there about who's better - SonyEricsson or Nokia? for f*** sake there are some really sad people here among a few geeks and boffins etc.(& this is not said in a derogatory manner, more a factual one).
direct me to one post regarding Nokia vs SE that did not include someone talking bullsh** please.

i'm not bored with the site at all, just fed up of wading through crap posted by youngsters and adults alike and its getting to the point where it's not even worth posting anything of an intelectual nature as some idiot will just rubbish it with what is actually a "stupid post".

much like above where you replied "OOOOOHHHHHHHHH Check you out.... So the T68i is so unique that it deserves a forum of it's own now huh? I don't think so! And if the above topics bore you, simply don't read em!!!!!!"

now speak honestly, do you still stand by that post or do you regret posting it?
Eric's Son
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-13 13:09
Well I tell you one thing mate.... I don't regret posting it all!

It really pisses me off when everyone on here is ripping people for 'posting shit'. This 'shit' as you call it is someones highly valuable opinion resulting in much needed input into a site like this. It's a highly subjective view if someone was to put a stop this 'shit' as who has the power to rubbish someone else's views? If people didn't post, then this site and all others similar would be very dull.

My original post, as you so nicely pointed out, was a little tongue in cheek, you know a thing called humour, but fair comment that there is no tone in written text but I suggest that you lighten up.

I have visited this site since about Nov 2001 and have seen the site grow from a tens to hundereds of regular users and in my opinion, the site has grown for strength to strength. The main reason that it has done so is because of the posting members...just remember that.

One other thing I would like to ask is that I would like for the older members, not all of course just a selected few, if they could be a little more patient with the newer members because as soon as they post some thing they get the immediate response by someone jumping down their neck... 'use the search function'. How about welcoming new members first, then explaining what's happening here?

Come on guys, I think were all getting a little out of touch with whith what's happening here, at the end of the day it's only a mobile phone and we all have other lives, hopefully, and with all the bad things that's going on in the world, I think we owe it to ourselves to enjoy all the good, one of which is ESATO and chatting with all you guys!!!!

Does anyone agree with me on this one? Please, if you have any constructive comments pleaes post you replies.

Sorry... rant over. Thanks for your time in reading this post!

[ This Message was edited by: Eric's Son on 2002-04-13 13:14 ]
arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-13 17:01
I agree with what you are saying Eric's Son, I always try and welcome new members, though I do think there are too many identical topics and posts, not just from the new, but also older users...
I've been visiting this site since early December and there were no were near as many members as now and I then became a member when I got my T68. I post a lot, but I believe that everything I've posted, hopefully, has been a little helpful to some people.

Before I started posting, I'm pretty sure I'd read though at least 90% of the topics... now that would probably be a bit more difficult with 90+ pages on the General discussion alone...

I don't think the T68i deserves a private page or even 'room', seeing as it'll be identical in a month to the m.....

I just hope we can all get along here and share our knowledge with eachother!

Together, we know EVERYTHING about

decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-14 17:04
Eric's Son,

you posted 3 times in a row, your last an apology for sounding like "n arsehole", u "lighten up"!
left yourself open for criticism.
posts like yours r what i refer to with people talking sh**, it didnt read like "someones highly valuable opinion resulting in much needed input into a site like this" at all.

if someone does ask a question or make a suggestion they get responses that put them off and while the site's for adults and yougsters when you get childish replies to legitimate suggestion its very likely the last suggestion that person will post.

then you get an imbalance of childish banter versus intelligent conversation.
Eric's Son
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-14 18:35
Whatever mate! I don' care either way,I have a life outside of ESATO, but thanks for the 'constructive critisism'.

escobar
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-15 11:29
arroyootje & socarb ->

Thanks, I try my best!

I don't think we need different forums just yet, I think we'll have to wait until there are more phones out from SE that will make everything a lot harder to follow! I don't have any problems finding things about my phone in these forums yet, so I think we can wait and see if things get worse over time!
I'm just not a signature kind of guy..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi