Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Vertu!

Previous  12
Author Vertu!
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-08 08:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, if I was THAT rich, I doubt I'd be in the parking lot of anywhere... probably have a chauffeur and an Bentley to go with it. Wouldn't have a need for GPRS, color screen, or tri-band... would have an assistant with a T68i, iPaq following me around for those needs. Its actually a good 'concept'. Ericsson and Motorola have been doing this for years... they do custom cases for Oil-shieks and the like. Gold/Platinum cases with diamonds for the T39, and T68 are sold to them for about US$10,000 or so depending on the jewels.

But, why would I want to 'upgrade' the insides of my phone? I'd rather buy the latest model. Besides, with how the Vertu looks, (8850 anyone)... what's to stop vendors from just making Gold or Silver cases for existing Nokia phones? You are after JUST THE LOOKS anyway...the Vertu has Vertually NOTHING in it anyway. So why not just re-case your existing Nokia in a solid Gold or Platinum case? Would look the same anyway.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-08 09:01
and why oh WHY would I get a STAINLESS STEEL MODEL???? What the hell is that one for??? Poser social-climbers who want to pretend they're rich???? HAHAHAHAHA!!!! It's a cheap metal, that scratches easily! The leather frame is a bad idea too since leather rots with a lot of sweat contact. I like the sapphire crystal though. Wish they had an option for my T68! My ideal phone case is titanium... too bad Ericsson never pushed through with the R320 Titan (Although the R520 looked a LOT like the prototype of the Titan) with a sapphire lens.

I just really think the stainless steel model is dumb... in every aspect. They could've at least made the "econo" version Aluminum or Magnesium or something like that... not STAINLESS STEEL (which, BTW, still has a tendency to rust depending on sweat pH levels)
arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-05-08 19:23
Even if I were a multi Zillionaire, I would never buy it, cos it's just not practical.... I just PREFER the T68i, the games, chat, colour screen and everything else....

Anyone with half a brain or more would agree with me...

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi