Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > nokia has a new phone thats better and wors and you choose nokia! your so weak!

Author nokia has a new phone thats better and wors and you choose nokia! your so weak!
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-03-21 22:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
here's something for you

"die 7210, die a horrible death"
[addsig]
Drinky
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-23 00:11
Ah, Super G, my old friend.

He's head of Nokia France's marketing department, by the way.
thanasis
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-03-23 00:31
I think Super G should look back to the release of the 8310. At last years Cebit Nokia had said "early 3quarter" and in fact released the first shipments of the phone on September 30th (yup, the last day of quarter 3) Now i very much doubt that Nokia delayed the release to improve the faulty phone! You alll know about the 8310 bugs
I trust Nokia will ensue the same strategy for the 7210, so i wouldnt be surprised with a september release either (or should i say October, since Nokia have to add some -new to them- ingredients like colour display, to the phone.)
kevin81
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-03-23 00:37
Super G, it was a overly generalization when you wrote that Jan was the ONLY objective person at this forum!

Okay, if we have to go through this match-up between Ericsson and Nokia again, we can look at it from a historic perspective. Nokia has always produced good-looking and trendy phones while Ericsson produced more "bulky" but technologically advanced phones aimed at businessmen and high-end users.

But recently with the release of T65 and T68, Ericsson produced two great-looking phones (no doubt about it), Ericsson catched up Nokia in the design department and at the same time withheld the technological advantage they've always had.

Nokia seemed to be caught off-guard by this sudden development! Since the company has always relied heavily on design, they once again put their hopes and expectations at their design folks, but this time imagination just ran out and phones like 8310 and 5510 which many consumers considered "ugly" popped up.

But with the new phones from each company shown at this year's Cebit, plus the 3G phones on the runway, it will be interesting to see if Nokia can keep the market-leading position in the next 5 years! The match-up struggle continues ... =Þ

ayserk56
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-03-23 01:38
7210:
1. Good Things: a good looking phone, stylish, colorful, high resolution colour screen, and it's a NOKIA

2. Bad: as a cell phone: NO VoiceDialing, No Voicememos,

I really Thought of selling my T68 and buy that one...I don't use bluetooth..nor any of the features that the 7210 miss from the T68......why...because The T68 is So Damn Slow..it's killing me...my brother has a 8290 (same as 8210) and he laughs at me when he see me typing an sms message..lol..
plus..
have you noticed how hard is it to store a new number in a T68...you have to go to the phone book select add new...bla bla bla...while we have the nokia..punch in the number and Save~~

I DON't KNOW...
if ericsson offered to switch the t68's to t68i...I"ll be happy....

but I am ok now....lol..

~~ThE WaHiSh~~
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-23 01:42
I think the buttons of the 7210 are going to be not good as you type a sms.What do you think?
ewap8
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-23 02:01
I believe its too early to comment on this topic...7210 is not out soon, but Im sticking to my till that time
kevin81
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-03-23 14:34
Hi, ayserk56! You mentioned that it involved way too many clicks to store numbers on T68, well I have a tip for you!

If you go to "My shortcuts" and then "Edit shortcuts" (Press 0). Mark "Add contact" (use the * key to mark), set it at Position 1 (VERY important!! that it's at position 1!!!), finally Save the changes before exiting the menu!

Now, whenever you are at the main screen (where your background pictures shows), click and hold the joystick to the left (for about 2-3 seconds), voilá! You get to store new contacts with a SINGLE click!

But really, how often do you store new numbers? I use this little finess to get to the "Write New SMS" quickly!

Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-25 08:37
Quote:
n|cx_kp: I think the buttons of the 7210 are going to be not good as you type a sms.What do you think?

I'm wondering the same.
Though, it doesn't look really much different from how the buttons are placed on the 8310, and I've had no problems with these
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi