Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > nokia has a new phone thats better and wors and you choose nokia! your so weak!

123  Next
Author nokia has a new phone thats better and wors and you choose nokia! your so weak!
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 22:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
nokia has the new 7210 its about the same like T68 only the same nokia design and a 4096 colour schreen. no bluetooth! no EMS that can be send to alcatel siemens ericsson sony ericsson and motorola! no joystick! no batterys status function! expencieve assecoires! its nokia! so not good dont be temped by something new! let it be tested first!
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
bgdido
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 23:18
7210-ugly design

This post was posted from a T39

lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 06:16
I'm not tempted, in fact. I'm saying a prayer for Nokia now. Poor chaps are really wasting their time with their ultra cheap/ultra useless feature phones

But I can understand that users are mostly cool users, I mean. You don't see everyone using phones and I wouldn't like seeing everyone using em

just the way everyone has a nokia. [addsig]
Lusipher
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 07:55
When NOKIA makes a phone thats actualy better then the T68 id realy consider it.
but they havent so i guess it not a problem

[ This Message was edited by: Lusipher on 2002-03-13 07:58 ]
GRIFTER
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 08:49
Still Nokia manufactures phones that lacks key aspects. This makes me wanna stick with my T68m. So far phones are still unmatchable.. so far...
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-13 14:22
I believe people are cabable of doing the "thinking-part" themselves. I dont consider people to be "weak" because they buy a certain brand.

I dont see myself as "weak" at all,..I see myself as being objective and "open-minded",..and theres quite a big difference.

That means that I'm not "narrow-minded" in any way,..and just say "this is bad".

You cant be objective, if you dislike/hate a brand. And its also very hard to be objective, if you love one brand alone.
You'll certaintly miss out on something.

And I dont "just" buy things, because they have a name or because they're new.
I always look at all the aspects, what do I want, and so on.

I'm very happy with my T-68, think its a beautiful phone, with all the features I like.
Of course there will be other phones, we all know that,...what we dont know is, what brand it will be

Jan

lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 14:27
you never know, i liked the 8850 and i like the 8910

not features packed, but it look very nice. [addsig]
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-13 15:06
Bart > I'm just wondering about some of the things You're saying:

NO EMS : hmmm, how many ems-messages do you send ? I bet you still use sms more, right.
Does all your friends have ems-cabable phones, my friends dont. I would like to use ems more as well,..but none of the people I know, can use them yet.

NO JOYSTICK : Ehh ???, well then theres only one SE-model, thats T-68,..and of course Nokia 7650. You cant expect every phone to have a joystick.
YES, I like that feature as well,..but its not the end of the world, if the phone doesnt have it

BATTERY-STATUS : Well, if this thing WORKED correctly,..then it would be nice. But its not exactly very "usable" is it

BLUETOOTH : Well, Nokia are using bluetooth in their business-phones. They're on a different strategy, thats all.

4096 colors : Wouldnt mind that in my T-68, although I dont need it.
But surely I wont buy another new phone with 256 colors, if I can get 4096 or more.
That is pretty obvious.

I've had several Nokia's, and I dont think their accessories are THAT expensive...e.g car-holders, cases and so on, are pretty much the same. Cant really compare this.

I love my T-68, and I'm not getting the 7210, because it doesnt have bluetooth.
But thats not a reason for not liking a model.

7210 cant compete with the T-68, when talking business-phone-features, like calender, bluetooth and that stuff.

7210 is another kind of phone, its a trendy phone with "fancy" features, e.g. radio and high-res screen.

I'm hoping for a T-68 with java and e.g. 4096 colors or more,..and a battery-indicator that actually works properly

Jan

cadcad
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 15:14
For now, T68 even without the MMS upgrade is still the best.

This post was posted from a T68

phroz3n
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-13 16:18
Nokia has stuck to trendy-looking phone designs and useless features like built-in FM receiver in 8310 and has not paid much attention in useful and functional features like Bluetooth and calendars etc. whereas SE is paying much more attention on the features it provides and sleek designs, so maybe thats why SE phones are more expensive than Nokia ones. SE and T68 forever and ever.
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-13 16:47
again, its all down to the audience of the phone. if you dont think the 7210 is up to much, dont buy it. Other people will find that it has all the right features they need.
Theres no point shelling out extra money on something you wont use.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-13 17:29
i know only 3 of my friends have EMS but i always send to them.
my battery status works quit good i think.
i need bluetooth to nokia has only the 6310 bluetooth phone (7650 is PDA) and its not a good phone. nokia schreen's (accept 6510) are quit bad againts ericcson!
and the MP-3 player for nokia is expencive and the phone stay at a hy price even when they are one year old or older
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-13 23:32
Bart > I was only trying to make a point,... the thing about being "objective" and openminded.

Well, when 7210 hits the street, its not only 6310/6310i thats got bluetooth, also the 8910 has got this feature.

I saw the 7650 screen and how it worked, looked pretty good to me,..and I only saw it on TV,..and it was very "clean" in colors.

A friend of mine is the editor of the danish mobile magazine, he tried the 7650 in Barcelona,..he said that the screen was very good too,..and the phone seemed to work quite nicely.

The 7210's got the same resolution, of course on a smaller screen,..but still its got to be better than 256 colors,...thats simple logic.

I'm not comparing the T-68 with the 7650, because they are so different. 7650 isnt an ordinary handset.

I also think that 7210 is very different from T-68,..they're meant for different kinds of people.

I use bluetooth as well, so the 7210 wont be my choice either. But still I think its an okay phone.

By the time the 7210 is up for sale, I believe there will others like it. I hope that SE will make a new "supermodel"

Jan

Gustaf
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-03-14 22:42
The 7210 hasnīt the voicedialing.
arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-16 07:00
I agree with Jan, I mean Nokia make good phones, that's a fact. YOU might not think they're as good as your but Joe Bloggs down the road might think it's the best thing since sliced bread...

All manufactures produce phones for different markets and try and reach as many people as they can. T68 is a great phone, but here in Azerbaijan for example, I can't do shit with the GPRS, MMS, WAP...

So, I could've saved some money and bought a 3110, but I like the phone NOW and that's the important thing!

For me T68 is the best phone, but for someone else it could be too small, too different... whatever!

People have different taste!!!!

Peace
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi