Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > nokia has a new phone thats better and wors and you choose nokia! your so weak!

Previous  123  Next
Author nokia has a new phone thats better and wors and you choose nokia! your so weak!
Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-19 08:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
As was said, T68 and 7210 target different markets, while stepping on each other's feet.
Both are loaded with features, but differ slightly. Now, one will prefer either of these based on the usage of the phone (s)he has and of course the design.

Many of you are saying 7210 doesn't have bluetooth, and it's crap. Hmm. But how many of you do actually use bluetooth?

Personally I consider Bluetooth useless for the time being, and I can easily live without. E.g. having to load a headset battery is something I wouldn't get used to One good bluetooth application is however the PCMCIA card that enables more mobility than IrDA. Yet I still much prefer WLAN and the very high bitrate it provides. Besides, many access points are being installed in public premises such as airport lounges etc.

Moreover, 2+2 GPRS is much more useful than bluetooth when one actually uses GPRS, and is clearly one step further technologically speaking. Again, for business use (e.g. email transfer, calendar synch), the 2 uplink timeslots is definitely a must-have. And it's sad SE doesn't provide anything like this in their T68 or any other phone (actually, I think only Nokia provide it). Bluetooth doesn't quite compensate this

The integrated FM radio is really a good thing. I did think this would be a useless feature, but it actually isn't. When commuting to work you may actually listen to the news, some music whatever while wapping or not and it really is great, and the sound quality is high (8310) It's a small thing, but is something anyhow.

In addition the Java support is something promised to a very bright future (see e.g. how widely and transparently it is used on the net today), that will enable your phone not only to provide what is written in the user's guide, but much much more. Now, services have to be launched, of course. That's where service providers, and operators get into the picture. Once operators have understood they just provide a carrier, and that they should allow any service provider to use this carrier, the user will be happy, and they will pay the operator and the service provider As long as operators are stubborn and want to do everything themselves, good usable services might not take off, because the technology is nothing if there is no service deployed. Most of the users don't actually care about the technology, but rather about the service. E.g. MMS will likely make GPRS boom A kid will use MMS consciously, but will have no clue what-so-ever on whether it is transported with GPRS, CSD...
But this is another topic for discussion

These points do matter to me. And that's why I would much prefer having a 7210 than a T68. Also, I think the design of the 7210 is fresh and definitely much nicer than the Z700. But that's my personal opinion
Mastercomilao
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-03-19 18:54
Ok you prefer 7210 features!
But I would kill a phone when it doesnīt give me voice commands and record! Thatīs a BIG mistake by Nokia and it only shows that they canīt put somethings new without taking other things that are a must have on a top end phone!
neilpowell64
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-03-19 19:09
All i can say is i am very happy wit my T68. I will be even happier wit the MMS upgrade and i dont think i would ever go Nokia.

better than Nokia ( in my opinion )
mases
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-19 19:16
Nokia make phones for children

This post was posted from a T68

arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-19 19:26
That's a rather stupid thing to say! I've never seen a child with a 9210, 8850, 8310, 6310, need I go on? I don't think you can say that about a specific make....

You have different phones for different people, with different needs!!!! No one is weak for buying a specific phone.

Maybe that 'someone' only needs a phone to call with or to play games with...

DON'T PRE-JUDGE PEOPLE OR PHONES!!! IT JUST SHOWS IGNORANCE!!!
Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-20 08:12
Reply to Mastercomilao:

Well, personally I've never but really never used voice commands at all. The UI of Nokia phones allows to reach a person/number faster than going through voice commands So to me (and I guess I'm not the only one), not having voice commands, really does not matter
all8
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-20 14:02
We all know Nokia will launch 7210 and yet it is still sometime before it reaches the consumers. How can we know it is a good phone. It may won't work or the 4096 colours will crash the phone. Who knows?

Until then T68 is still the best.

Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-20 15:48
All8:

The best SE phone? Yes there's no doubt about that (though Java wouldn't hurt).

But otherwise, again, defining a phone "the best", "the worst", good, bad etc is very subjective It's just like some food: whether you like it or not doesn't mean it's good or bad.
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-20 16:04
Yeah can you imagine a child with the 7650 so i guess i will be a child again if i buy a 7650 Nokia right?
danne
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-20 16:37
When 7210 is launched, T68 has been out for 1 year. That is not bad for a phone to be best for 1 year, that show how far behind Nokia was. When the 7210 comes, i think T68 and 7210 is about the same but remember that they are one year after. When 7210 comes all new 3G phones also comes so there will be many competitor including SE.
Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-20 17:29
Ohhh no. Wrong. ;P
T68 hasn't been out for a year. It was released a year ago, and available in Q4 2001 only.

So in fact a few months will separate T68 from 7210, not one year as you say.
And btw, GPRS phones have been around before T68.
Now, MMS in T68 was a wet dream when T68 was actually released. It was not available when T68 was sold although Ericsson promised it in CeBit last year, but Ericsson could simply not miss the Christmas market. So T68 did hit the shelves... without MMS (no harm, as MMS is not provided by operators yet). But, T68 owners will only be able to get MMS in a few months time (was it May?), while T68i will be available in Q2 (April) so all-in-all, considering 7210 is announced to be available in the early Q3 (does this mean July?) then in fact, 3 months will actually separate both 7210 and T68(i).
Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-20 17:35
Ah, and of course I forgot 7650, which is to be available in Q2. Hmmm... this reduces the gap to 1-2 months or a few days even between Nokia and SE then.
danne
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-20 17:47
7210 shall be launched in september and T68 was launched in october last year(at least in Sweden) so itīs 11 month and with the usal Nokia delay it will be over a year. Thats what i think!
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-21 00:31
Nokia will have a 3G phone out in september.
Its a dual-mode phone (works on gsm and umts 3G).

So I dont think they are "that" far behind.

My hope is, that we will see the chrome 3G prototype as a production-model,..THAT would be neat.
But sadly I dont think this will happen

Jan

Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-21 08:28
Danne:

where did you ever see 7210 shall be launched in September?!?!?
On Nokia website I read: early Q3
Now, what does "early" exactly mean, I don't know, but I definitely expect July.

September is late Q3, not early.

And I fully agree with Jan who seems to be the only one with an objective opinion in this forum

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi