Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Imbeciles
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2022-07-01 22:33
https://sumahodigest.com/?p=11443

" Thank you for your recent email. Following our conversation regarding your Sony XPERIA 1 IV, please be informed, that after further investigation in your case, the applications used to measure temperature can be accurate but the temperature of an electronic device is not high at 50 degrees or even higher. These temperatures are of components internally and not representative of a failure. Furthermore, please note that hands are also serving as heat dissipator, therefore, it is advised to use an earset for long calls or using the phone for a long time. Kindly note that the temperature measured is within specifications. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email."

[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2022-07-01 21:36 ]
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2022-07-02 12:52
^ "Go f*ck yourself" is so much shorter 🤣
spektykles
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2022-07-03 11:44
Alas, and many people surprised when I said Xperia build quality is shit nowaday, worse than Chinese ones
The cooling mechanism in the current Xperia is essentially the same as XZ era one, even worse (my old XZ Premium or even XZ/XZs has the bigger midframe graphite sheet area than the current 1IV ). Cheap Chinese phone with half the price nowaday have way better cooling design than Sony. Its not like Sony cant do it, they just dont want and dont care about it. Sony Xperia used to be a shining beacon with breakthrough innovations in both hardware and software, now its just a sad story.
As a person in the mobile phone industry, this both make me sad and mad at Sony
[ This Message was edited by: spektykles on 2022-07-03 10:51 ]
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2022-07-03 14:13

On 2022-07-03 11:44:47, spektykles wrote:
Alas, and many people surprised when I said Xperia build quality is shit nowaday, worse than Chinese ones
The cooling mechanism in the current Xperia is essentially the same as XZ era one, even worse (my old XZ Premium or even XZ/XZs has the bigger midframe graphite sheet area than the current 1IV ). Cheap Chinese phone with half the price nowaday have way better cooling design than Sony. Its not like Sony cant do it, they just dont want and dont care about it. Sony Xperia used to be a shining beacon with breakthrough innovations in both hardware and software, now its just a sad story.
As a person in the mobile phone industry, this both make me sad and mad at Sony
[ This Message was edited by: spektykles on 2022-07-03 10:51 ]

Do you know the reason?? Something serious happened to the management/ design side?
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2022-07-03 16:34
If all this is to save money, would be much easier to do cuts like:

- GG6 instead of victus
- FHD instead of 4K
- prime lens instead of zoom
- usb 2.0 instead of 3.2 gen 1
- same 4000 battery from mark 2
- 8GB instead of 12
spektykles
PM
Posted: 2022-07-03 20:39

On 2022-07-03 14:13:46, tai020381 wrote:

Do you know the reason?? Something serious happened to the management/ design side?

Design choice (prioritize looks vs functionality), some arrogant and stubborn peoples. Also bean counters
The BOM (material cost) to make something as complex as Iphone 13 Pro Max or S22 Ultra is $500-600, and thats when the ecomomic of scale fully kick in. With smaller player like Sony that will cost more to build the same phone so they cutting some corners real deep (and thats why they have some profit recently, instead of losses when making real high quality phone back in the old days)

Anyway, "totally not me" just updated this page AirWiki Xperia about 5IV
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2022-07-04 08:53
spektykles,
perhaps you could shed some light on this: there's some sort of focus blur with the telephoto lens in 1 IV. Sony have sent out a software update to Asian devices that has some positive effect on this issue, but doesn't totally fix it. And yet, I see some samples of EU devices, with an older firmware, that produce crystal clear photos with the telephoto. Not to mention Sony official materials and shots published by Sony ambassadors.

So I'm just wondering what's going on...
[ This Message was edited by: xpr on 2022-07-04 07:54 ]
cool_sauce
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2022-07-04 09:01
It's been published that 989 will be available for purchase by other OEMs so it's not goint to be Xiaomi exclusive. I kind of thought that would be the case since Xiaomi just cares to be the first like they do with every Snapdragon soc. I'v been thinking that we already have 989 released on the market but in disguise inside Sharp R7. It's eary similar spec sensor and Leica is again on board. It could be it's not straght out 989 Xiaomi will use but I will give my right arm that it's some other spec verison of 989 which is like 90% similar.

I do not expect Xperia to use any variation of 989 any time soon. Maybe, only maybe if they swap out pixel area.
spektykles
PM
Posted: 2022-07-04 19:02

On 2022-07-04 08:53:58, xpr wrote:
spektykles,
perhaps you could shed some light on this: there's some sort of focus blur with the telephoto lens in 1 IV. Sony have sent out a software update to Asian devices that has some positive effect on this issue, but doesn't totally fix it. And yet, I see some samples of EU devices, with an older firmware, that produce crystal clear photos with the telephoto. Not to mention Sony official materials and shots published by Sony ambassadors.

So I'm just wondering what's going on...
[ This Message was edited by: xpr on 2022-07-04 07:54 ]

They changed the camera tuning (focus algorithm, 3A,...things like that) to fix some issue with some specific scenerios, but that breaks some others. Fix a bug and you create 2 more You can contact your local Sony technical support, create a support ticket and ask the local Sony to escalate them to the senior technical support in Japan. Someone will get in touch with you
[ This Message was edited by: spektykles on 2022-07-04 18:03 ]
spektykles
PM
Posted: 2022-07-04 19:14

On 2022-07-04 09:01:06, cool_sauce wrote:
It's been published that 989 will be available for purchase by other OEMs so it's not goint to be Xiaomi exclusive. I kind of thought that would be the case since Xiaomi just cares to be the first like they do with every Snapdragon soc. I'v been thinking that we already have 989 released on the market but in disguise inside Sharp R7. It's eary similar spec sensor and Leica is again on board. It could be it's not straght out 989 Xiaomi will use but I will give my right arm that it's some other spec verison of 989 which is like 90% similar.

I do not expect Xperia to use any variation of 989 any time soon. Maybe, only maybe if they swap out pixel area.

Aquos R6 using IMX506 which is not the same as IMX989, altho they have the same dimensions. IMX478' Pro-I is sightly smaller than both, but still a 1" class sensor.
With Xiaomi funded half of the IMX989 development cost, they ofcourse have the exclusivity and can deny any want to buy the sensor. Even the technologies developed for this sensor is Xiaomi proprietary until the signed agreements reaching the expiry date. Like in the case of Huawei, the sensor paid by them only recently appeared in 1IV because the contract is expired.
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2022-07-04 23:13

On 2022-07-04 19:14:35, spektykles wrote:

On 2022-07-04 09:01:06, cool_sauce wrote:

Aquos R6 using IMX506 which is not the same as IMX989, altho they have the same dimensions. IMX478' Pro-I is sightly smaller than both, but still a 1" class sensor.
With Xiaomi funded half of the IMX989 development cost, they ofcourse have the exclusivity and can deny any want to buy the sensor. Even the technologies developed for this sensor is Xiaomi proprietary until the signed agreements reaching the expiry date. Like in the case of Huawei, the sensor paid by them only recently appeared in 1IV because the contract is expired.

Theoretically, Xperia is no threat to Xiaomi, and it could also be excluded from such constraints since Xperia is part of Sony. Theoretically...I doubt Sony would use anything like this regardless.

On a different note, I kinda agree with you that the mark 4 is boring. On the one hand, Sony have really squeezed some impressive results with Mark 4 in certain areas. On the other hand, in many areas the hardware is lagging behind, and in certain things like camera quite considerably.
One could only wonder what Xperia would be had Sony mobile used the latest hardware and had a budget similar to the big guys...

Just a thought: Sony makes that personal A/C device. Couldn't the same principle be applied in Xperia in order to cool SoC?
[ This Message was edited by: xpr on 2022-07-04 22:15 ]
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2022-07-05 00:45
Sharp R7 = 50 MP quadbayer 1"
cool_sauce
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2022-07-05 07:04

On 2022-07-05 00:45:41, Hawk12 wrote:
Sharp R7 = 50 MP quadbayer 1"

Exactly. Unfortunately I was not able to find anywhere the software readout of the sensor model since it's Japanese exclusive. This has to be the derivative of 989.
spektykles
PM
Posted: 2022-07-05 09:05

On 2022-07-04 23:13:54, xpr wrote:
Theoretically, Xperia is no threat to Xiaomi, and it could also be excluded from such constraints since Xperia is part of Sony. Theoretically...I doubt Sony would use anything like this regardless.

On a different note, I kinda agree with you that the mark 4 is boring. On the one hand, Sony have really squeezed some impressive results with Mark 4 in certain areas. On the other hand, in many areas the hardware is lagging behind, and in certain things like camera quite considerably.
One could only wonder what Xperia would be had Sony mobile used the latest hardware and had a budget similar to the big guys...

Just a thought: Sony makes that personal A/C device. Couldn't the same principle be applied in Xperia in order to cool SoC?

I actually have that Reon Pocket 3 Its using peltier effect to cool the air and must have a fan to cool the peltier hot side. Peltier is very popular in Asia and used in various strap on coolers for gaming phone. Unfortunately its not suitable for daily use and going through the battery like hell.
The current cooling design trend is use both the display panel and the back of the phone as heatsink. Sony only using the display panel, but only as a "heatsoak" and not a heatsink (by using graphite instead of VC like Xperia Pro or other mfg). On 1IV and Pro-I they dont use the back glass as heatsink, while other mfg heavily using this concept (a pity because in the past Sony used this principle extensively and maybe the first one to use this). Also Sony still using that "rubberized" thermal interface that I remembered first used on the Z1 which is very bad. I experimented replacing that with proper thermal paste and managed to drop the peak temp and perf go up.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 474849 ... 575859  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic