Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia rumours 2022

Visitors browsing this topic: 5
Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 464748 ... 555657  Next
Author Sony Xperia rumours 2022
spektykles
Sony Xperia X Performance
Joined: Dec 18, 2017
Posts: 295
PM
Posted: 2022-06-11 03:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2022-03-11 16:23:03, spektykles wrote:
I hate the ACE II and the next ACE design, still love that original ACE one. This one feels too Chinese (ofc it is with Chinese involvements)

welp the foreshadowing is real when ACE III is purely a Chinese device Made in China, have a codename that is Chinese (Jialing) and I believes Sony also outsourced this to an Chinese OEM

ACE III sensors: Both SK Hynix, Hi1336 back and Hi556 front. This phone doesnt use the traditional Sony camera algos but a more "Chinese" approach

Also I read that "Sumahodigest" article today about camera modules and yes, most if not all Xperia camera modules is made by other companies. The only exception recently is the Pro-I with the 1' camera module is made by Sony in Japan. Here is the Pro-I IMX478 (codename Voyager) packaging material


[ This Message was edited by: spektykles on 2022-06-11 02:57 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Nov 07, 2007
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2022-06-11 13:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks @spektykles, I rarely buy the current flagship and always go for the older model because Xperia is too expensive. I'll probably get a 5iii because my 5ii isn't waterproof anymore. The 1iv price is insane for what it is.
RacSony
Model not set
Joined: Mar 24, 2017
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2022-06-12 18:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2022-06-11 03:47:58, spektykles wrote:

On 2022-03-11 16:23:03, spektykles wrote:
I hate the ACE II and the next ACE design, still love that original ACE one. This one feels too Chinese (ofc it is with Chinese involvements)

welp the foreshadowing is real when ACE III is purely a Chinese device Made in China, have a codename that is Chinese (Jialing) and I believes Sony also outsourced this to an Chinese OEM

ACE III sensors: Both SK Hynix, Hi1336 back and Hi556 front. This phone doesnt use the traditional Sony camera algos but a more "Chinese" approach

Also I read that "Sumahodigest" article today about camera modules and yes, most if not all Xperia camera modules is made by other companies. The only exception recently is the Pro-I with the 1' camera module is made by Sony in Japan. Here is the Pro-I IMX478 (codename Voyager) packaging material


[ This Message was edited by: spektykles on 2022-06-11 02:57 ]



Is ace iii the first xperia with non-sony sensors at all?
sidneylopsides
Xperia X10 Black
Joined: Aug 23, 2002
Posts: 248
From: Leeds
PM
Posted: 2022-06-14 08:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The entry level models have often been made by an ODM in China, the E range, L range etc. That's nothing new.

Not is the camera module news, Sunny optical specialise in phone camera modules, AFAIK they make them for most phone brands.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Joined: Dec 17, 2003
Posts: > 500
From: Liverpool City Centre
PM
Posted: 2022-06-14 12:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think few are made in Japan now, to reduce costs.
Hawk12
Model not set
Joined: Nov 29, 2018
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2022-06-23 14:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
In case many do not know: 10 iii vs 10iv


10iv adds gorilla "7" on screen, faster cpu, longer endurance, main cam performs better, gonna get android 14. But has slower internet, no 4K video, lost HDR screen (cpu to blame) , downgrade to usb 2.0, third cam is 1/4.4" .. And tech sites report back is plastic.


🤮
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2022-06-23 13:42 ]
cool_sauce
Model not set
Joined: Feb 20, 2020
Posts: 209
PM
Posted: 2022-06-25 11:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2022-06-23 14:35:53, Hawk12 wrote:
In case many do not know: 10 iii vs 10iv


10iv adds gorilla "7" on screen, faster cpu, longer endurance, main cam performs better, gonna get android 14. But has slower internet, no 4K video, lost HDR screen (cpu to blame) , downgrade to usb 2.0, third cam is 1/4.4" .. And tech sites report back is plastic.


🤮
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2022-06-23 13:42 ]



Yeah 10 IV is a sad affair thanks to Qualcomm. I've just seen a video comparison between 1080p off IV and 4K off III and it's no contest: 10 III wins hands down. I haven't seen still shots from main cam. 695 is more of the same thing and we can also expect that 695 successor will be another efficiency chip with no 4K nor HDR support.
Hawk12
Model not set
Joined: Nov 29, 2018
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2022-06-26 18:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Gsmarena review shows 10iv takes much better photos than 10iii. I suppose 6g1 will replace 695.
tai020381
Satio Black
Joined: Dec 07, 2004
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2022-06-28 16:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
New announcement will be made tomorrow by Sony, probably the xperia pro G, looking at the advertisement stated by Zackbuks.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Joined: Dec 17, 2003
Posts: > 500
From: Liverpool City Centre
PM
Posted: 2022-06-29 14:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2022-06-28 16:17:19, tai020381 wrote:
New announcement will be made tomorrow by Sony, probably the xperia pro G, looking at the advertisement stated by Zackbuks.


G as in Gaming?

I really do hope so.
spektykles
Sony Xperia X Performance
Joined: Dec 18, 2017
Posts: 295
PM
Posted: 2022-06-29 19:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have great respect for Zackbuks but he is joking about the Pro-G, there is no such thing exists yet
Also the other person that spread the rumor IMX989 on Xperia is the biggest bulls* I ever seen
[ This Message was edited by: spektykles on 2022-06-29 18:56 ]
cool_sauce
Model not set
Joined: Feb 20, 2020
Posts: 209
PM
Posted: 2022-06-29 21:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Oh G was for Gaming!
Hawk12
Model not set
Joined: Nov 29, 2018
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2022-06-29 22:36
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Xiaomi says 989 costed $15.000.000 to create.
Value shared with Sony Semicon.
To be used at 23mm, no crop.




cool_sauce
Model not set
Joined: Feb 20, 2020
Posts: 209
PM
Posted: 2022-06-30 17:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2022-06-29 22:36:00, Hawk12 wrote:
Xiaomi says 989 costed $15.000.000 to create.
Value shared with Sony Semicon.
To be used at 23mm, no crop.


That means camera island will be half as thick as the phone if they do it properly. There is a chance they will try to merge layers of lenses as well so who knows at this point.
tai020381
Satio Black
Joined: Dec 07, 2004
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2022-07-01 12:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2022-06-29 14:32:30, goldenface wrote:

On 2022-06-28 16:17:19, tai020381 wrote:
New announcement will be made tomorrow by Sony, probably the xperia pro G, looking at the advertisement stated by Zackbuks.


G as in Gaming?

I really do hope so.



Haha it turns out they announced the Inzone gaming series accessories.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 464748 ... 555657  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic