Previous  123 4 ... 171819  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-30 20:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
All I want is a Note 8 with Samsung DeX

I really hope they put more into improving Dex. Last year I found myself watching endless reviews of the HP Elite x3 (must be the "Samsung Fanboy" in me coming out there, hey?), with Continuum and hoping Android gets another go at this whole Smartphone to Desktop concept and I think Samsung has something good going there. I hope Google begin to work closer with OEMs for this or otherwise I hope Samsung get even closer to Microsoft on this.

I personally hope at some point t I can take my Smartphone to work with its dock, plug it in to 2 1080P monitors and be able to do reports in Excel while also doing my work in AdWords, DoubleClick, Facebook and Twitter Ad Managers in Chrome.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-03-30 19:46 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-03-30 21:23
The problem here is that I would want to have all the power of Windows and be able to have full access to my phone in terms of apps etc. through the desktop but that has never been easy. When I hook my phone up I want to be able to browse the files as you can already do but also be able to do a document and save straight to the phone (or edit a file from the phone with the power of MS Office and have the phone accept that file). I don't want an Android desktop, I'd like to take full advantage of Windows then have that transfer over the phone. Right now it's really poor how my phone interacts with my tablet, the only thing that is consistent is my Google services so calendar appointments and web searches. I love how when my wife gets a message or Face Time she can choose to take them on her MacBook and when you are doing Face Time on your desktop you can be browsing or writing or whatever. Limiting your productivity to whatever your phone runs is a waste if you have Windows or a Mac.
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-31 02:10
Samsung Galaxy S8+: First Encounter

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsu[....]8plus_hands_on-review-1595.php
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-31 02:15
Galaxy S8 And S8+ Features Sony's IMX333 And IMX320 Image Sensors, As Well As Versions With Samsung Sensor

https://twitter.com/mmddj_china/status/847413083320360960

http://www.tudocelular.com/an[....]m-sensores-sony-e-isocell.html

Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-31 02:50
[In-Depth Look] Fast, Fun and In-Focus: The Galaxy S8+ Camera

https://news.samsung.com/glob[....]-in-focus-the-galaxy-s8-camera
[ This Message was edited by: Tibagy on 2017-03-31 01:55 ]
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-31 02:55
[Infographic] Spec Comparison: (New) Galaxy S8+ Vs (Old) Galaxy S7 Edge

https://news.samsung.com/glob[....]parison-galaxy-s8-vs-galaxy-s7
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-03-31 04:56

On 2017-03-30 21:23:01, badassmam wrote:
The problem here is that I would want to have all the power of Windows and be able to have full access to my phone in terms of apps etc. through the desktop but that has never been easy. When I hook my phone up I want to be able to browse the files as you can already do but also be able to do a document and save straight to the phone (or edit a file from the phone with the power of MS Office and have the phone accept that file). I don't want an Android desktop, I'd like to take full advantage of Windows then have that transfer over the phone. Right now it's really poor how my phone interacts with my tablet, the only thing that is consistent is my Google services so calendar appointments and web searches. I love how when my wife gets a message or Face Time she can choose to take them on her MacBook and when you are doing Face Time on your desktop you can be browsing or writing or whatever. Limiting your productivity to whatever your phone runs is a waste if you have Windows or a Mac.

Use the SideSync app, you can almost do all of this. I even attend calls while my Wireless Headphones are connected to my PC! I even stream through apps in phone while its running full screen on my PC!
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-31 05:09
Samsung did a fantastic job with SideSync, they really need to market it more, it's one of those gems flying under the Radar much like their Samsung Web Browser coupled with AdBlock Fast, I cannot believe there are still some poor souls out there using Chrome and having to deal with Ads bombarding them.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-31 06:34
I use chrome as it is perfectly fine .....

Not sure how reliable these are but it is encouraging ...Re battery life

https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]s8-s8-plus-compare-s7-s7-edge/
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2017-03-31 07:19 ]
GRANEDE
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-03-31 09:23
Good read.
https://www.cnet.com/news/rea[....]y-samsung-galaxy-s8-editorial/
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-31 09:52

On 2017-03-31 06:34:18, aussieland1 wrote:
I use chrome as it is perfectly fine .....

Not sure how reliable these are but it is encouraging ...Re battery life

https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]s8-s8-plus-compare-s7-s7-edge/
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2017-03-31 07:19 ]

I can't use Chrome, some websites like Android Authority and PhoneArena get annoying with their Ads.

WRT the Battery Life, hmmm... That is quite the mixed bag I must say, the S8+ will have comparable to the S7 Edge which was one of the best Androids is this regard last year....and may very well continue to be amongst the best this year if the G6 and GS8 are anything to go by.

My worry is the smaller GS8.

Let's see what GSMArena and PhoneArena get with their tests.

One thing is for sure, I'm not getting either one, I'm waiting on that Note 8.

My S7 Edge is serving me very well. So far there doesn't seem to be a 2017 Flagship that will have as large a Battery plus all the features of the S7 Edge, will just get a new case for it.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-03-31 08:57 ]
GRANEDE
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-03-31 14:41
Another excellent samsung feature, you know other than the most f**ked up place to put the finger print scanner.
http://www.theverge.com/2017/[....]g-galaxy-s8-face-scan-security
Very well thought out and supremely well implemented feature that will not compromise security. Well done, samsung. I'm very Proud of you.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-31 15:45
Granede - no need to post negative crap just so you can "stick it to samsung.." there are always good and bad to every phone but the way you are presenting the bad is just... rude.

that being said, the guy who wrote the cnet editorial doesn't seem all that savvy to me. there isn't a single phone in the US that can travel from a GSM carrier to a CDMA carrier, so not sure why that's a point of contention for him with the S8. Sure, if you have a phone that supports ALL LTE bands in the US, you technically COULD go to any carrier, but as soon as you are out of LTE range, you'd be screwed. not to mention, CDMA carriers like SPRINT still use archaic registration that is tied to the device and not to the SIM.

S8+ has lots of great features and definitely has great specs.. it just isn't for me. but more power to those who love it.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-31 16:43
Other phones have had finger print reader on the back before Samsung so this is definitely not a Samsung feature
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-31 17:26
The fingerprint location isn't the greatest but like aussieland1 stated others have had one there for a while and had very few complaints if any. I do find it funny though that phone will pop up with a message say you need to clean the camera lens to take the best shot and this message only appears when you enable the fingerprint reader. It's kind of like Samsung admitting they've put it in a strange place but where else could they have put it.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-03-31 16:33 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic