Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced

123 ... 161718  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 440
From: Mundu Berria
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-29 15:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post


Samsung Galaxy S8+ Key Features:

- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

- 4G Network: LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600

- Nano SIM

- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band, DLNA, Wi - Fi Direct, Wi - Fi HotSpot, Bluetooth v5.0 With A2DP, EDR, LE, APT-X, ANT+, MicroUSB v3.1, USB Host, USB On The Go, Infrared And NFC

- GPS With A-GPS Support, Glonass, Galileo And Beidou

- Dimensions: 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1mm

- Weight: 173 Grams.

- Display 6,2" Super Amoled QHD+ Infinity Display (~529 Ppi Pixel Density) With Always On Display, HDR 10 Compliant And Corning Gorilla Glass 5

- 3D Touch (Home Button Only)

- 64 Or 128 GigaBytes Memory Internal (UFS 2.1)

- Expansive Memory Up To 256 GigaBytes

- 4 GigaBytes Ram LPDDR4X (3.372 GigaBytes After The System Boot By SnapDragon Version Or 3.457 GigaBytes After The System Boot By Exynos Version) Or 6 GigaBytes Ram LPDDR4X (5.372 GigaBytes After The System Boot)

- CPU Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Kyro 280 Performance Quad Core 2.35 GHz And Kyro 280 Efficiency Quad Core 1.90 GHz
(SemiConductor Technology 10 nm LPE)

- GPU Adreno 540 (Octa - Core Graphics @653 MHz)

- CPU Samsung Exynos 8895 Quad - Core 2nd-Gen Mongoose (Dual 2.31 GHz And Dual 2.31 Ghz) Cortex A73 And Quad - Core 1.69 GHz Cortex A53
(SemiConductor Technology 10 nm LPE)

- GPU Samsung Exynos Mali-G71 MP20 (Icosa - Core Graphics @650 MHz)

- Android 7.0 (Nougat) With Grace UX UI

- Microsoft Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint And Reader PDF)

- Camera Dual Pixel 12.1 MP With OIS And Led Flash

- CamCorder UltraHD (2160p @30 FPS)

- 8 MP Front Facing Camera With Auto Focus And Selfie Flash For Video Chat And CamCorder QHD (1440p @30 FPS)

- Fingerprint Sensor

- IP68 Certified (Dust Proof And Water Resistant Over 1.5 Meter And 30 Minutes)

- Capless USB Port

- Samsung Knox

- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX Certified)

- Smart Connect Home

- OneDrive (115 GB Cloud Storage)

- Iris Recognition/Face Recognition

- Bixby Virtual Assistant

- Active Noise Cancellation With Dedicated Mic

- Main Body: Polished Aluminum Frame

- Bundled AKG HeadPhones

- Standard Battery Li-Po 3500 mAh (Non-Removable) With Adaptive Fast Charging, QuickCharge 2.0 Support And WPC&PMA Wireless Charging

- Available In Arctic Silver, Orchid Grey, Black Sky, Maple Gold And Coral Blue Colors



Technichal Specifications Digital Camera Galaxy S8+:

* Optical Assembly: Largan Precision Optics (26mm in 35mm equiv.)
* Construction Lens: 6 Elements Plastic
* F-Number: f/1.7
* Focal Length: 4.25mm
* Focus Range: 6 Cm - Infinity
* Iso Sensitivity: 40 - 1250
* Shutter Speed: Max - (10s) / Min - (1/24000s)
* Image Stabilization: Optical Stabiliser (OIS): Dual Axis Gyroscope
* Features Digital Camera: Dual Pixel Focusing, Object Tracking Autofocus - Touch Focus - Face/Smile Detection - Panorama - HDR - Geo Tagging
* Flash: Led (4rd Generation)
* Reach In Shooting Of Flash: Up To 3 Meters
* AF Light: Yes (Led 4rd Generation)
* ISP: Samsung C4
* Image Sensor: CMOS BSI SONY EXMOR RS IMX333 Or CMOS BSI SAMSUNG ISOCELL S5K2L2 (Market Dependent)
* Format: 1/2.55"
* Surface: (5.76 mm x 4.29 mm)
* Pixel Size: 1.44 Microns
* Total Pixel Are Used: 4032 x 3024 - 12.19 MP
* Maximum Effective Pixels Resolution: 4032 x 3024 For (4:3) Or 4032 x 2268 For (16:9)
* Other Features: Multi-Shot Image Stacking, Dual Shot And Simultaneous FullHD Video And Image Recording

Technichal Specifications Digital Camcorder Galaxy S8+:

* Maximum Resolution Digital Camcorder: ULTRAHD 2160p (3840 x 2160)
* Quantity Frames Per Second During Recording Of Video: 30 FPS
* Recording Codec Used To Do Video: MP4
* Video Bit Rate: 48.3 Mbps
* Iso Sensitivity: 40 - 2000
* Recording Audio Codec Used To Do Video: AAC Stereo
* Audio Bit Rate: 256 Kbps
* Audio Sampling Rate: 48.0 KHz
* Light Assist For The Record Video: Yes (Single Led 4rd Generation)
* Features Digital Camcorder: Optical Video Stabilization And Continuous Autofocus

Technichal Specifications Front Digital Camera Galaxy S8+:

* Optical Assembly: Samsung Lens Wide Angle 25mm
* Construction Lens: 5 Elements Plastic
* F-Number: f/1.7
* Focal Length: 2.95mm
* Iso Sensitivity: 40 - 1250
* Shutter Speed: Max - (1/13s) / Min - (1/9728s)
* Sensor: CMOS BSI SONY EXMOR RS IMX320 Or CMOS BSI SAMSUNG ISOCELL S5K3H1 (Market Dependent)
* Format: 1/3.6"
* Surface: (4.00 mm x 3.00 mm)
* Pixel Size: 1.12 Microns
* Maximum Effective Pixels Resolution: 3264 x 2448 For (4:3)
* Features Digital Camcorder: Autofocus And Auto HDR

Technichal Specifications Front Digital Camcorder Galaxy S8+:

* Maximum Resolution Digital Camcorder: QHD 1440p (2560 x 1440)
* Quantity Frames Per Second During Recording Of Video: 30 FPS
* Recording Codec Used To Do Video: MP4
* Video Bit Rate: 25.4 Mbps
* Iso Sensitivity: 40 - 1600
* Recording Audio Codec Used To Do Video: AAC Stereo
* Audio Bit Rate: 256 Kbps
* Audio Sampling Rate: 48.0 KHz
[ This Message was edited by: Tibagy on 2017-04-28 17:05 ]
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Dec 08, 2013
Posts: 440
From: Mundu Berria
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-29 15:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Samsung Galaxy S8+: Official Introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Ert5yjMV4
[ This Message was edited by: Tibagy on 2017-03-31 01:05 ]
GRANEDE
Model not set
Joined: Mar 05, 2017
Posts: 38
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 16:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Pretty underwhelming phone. No 4K HDR display, 600mAh less battery than S7 edge, No Quanovo charging so battery life will be $hit within 8 months, No front facing stereo speaker, No build in noise cancelling feature, Same 1/2.6 inch IMX260 last year camera sensor, same amount of ram as s7 and it's not even THE EFFICIENT LPDDR4X version, Insanely laggy and bloated software and the last to send update ( even huawei is faster than samsung, lol ) yet they are asking for that kind of price.

XZP is definitely the better.
Tsepz_GP
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg, South Africa
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 17:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Great show by Samsung, that Samsung DeX is a nice touch and a move in the right direction for desktop.

The curves seem to be less pronounced and more like what the Note 7 had which is what most prefer.

Looking forward to seeing how capable that Exynos 8895 is considering the 8890 was even better than a Snapdragon 821 let alone 820.

Will have to try this in-store, makes me excited for Note 8.

On 2017-03-29 16:30:47, GRANEDE wrote:
Pretty underwhelming phone. No 4K HDR display, 600mAh less battery than S7 edge, No Quanovo charging so battery life will be $hit within 8 months, No front facing stereo speaker, No build in noise cancelling feature, Same 1/2.6 inch IMX260 last year camera sensor, same amount of ram as s7 and it's not even THE EFFICIENT LPDDR4X version, Insanely laggy and bloated software and the last to send update ( even huawei is faster than samsung, lol ) yet they are asking for that kind of price.

XZP is definitely the better.




You mean no 4K that is only used in some apps, and a host of other features that Samsung has better alternatives for.

How is the battery 600mAh less than S7 Edge!? It's just 100mAh less oh trolls

It will probably do a better job at picture quality than any Sony at the end of the day.

The funny part? This was announced long after MWC, yet it's launching before XZP.

Your post lacks many facts and claims a lot of false things. I've had Nougat on my S7 Edge for over 2months now, Huawei have not even updated their 2016 phones globally.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-03-29 16:23 ]
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Exynos +128GB MicroSD + DeX & TouchPro Keyboard + U Flex LEVEL BT Headphones
Huawei Mate10 Pro 128GB - Review Unit
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
Joined: Dec 13, 2012
Posts: > 500
From: Parts Unknown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-29 17:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-03-29 16:30:47, GRANEDE wrote:
Pretty underwhelming phone. No 4K HDR display, 600mAh less battery than S7 edge, No Quanovo charging so battery life will be $hit within 8 months, No front facing stereo speaker, No build in noise cancelling feature, Same 1/2.6 inch IMX260 last year camera sensor, same amount of ram as s7 and it's not even THE EFFICIENT LPDDR4X version, Insanely laggy and bloated software and the last to send update ( even huawei is faster than samsung, lol ) yet they are asking for that kind of price.

XZP is definitely the better.


Both the XZ Premium and S8 are actually very similar especially to the average user.

Both have ridiculously High resolution displays, both displays are HDR ready, both have 4gb of RAM both have 64gb of storage, both have expandable memory, both are ip68 compliant, both have same CPU. What the XZP has over the S8 is a sharper display (anything over 400ppi is pointless anyway) stereo speakers and the new stacked sensor looks great and on the other hand the S8 has a crazy screen to body ratio. So as you can see there isn't a great amount of difference between the two.

@Tsepz_GP the XZ Premium now runs in 4K all the time not just in gallery.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-03-29 16:49 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
Joined: Aug 27, 2005
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 17:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^I agree with GRANEDE, Samsung S8+ is disappointing and boring. The battery, which is 3500 mah, is very small for that screen size and it is not even Li-Ion so expect a less charge density. The design is not that good. I'd take XZ Premium any day or Note 7 over S8+. The DeX is nice but it is one of the features that most of us are not going to use. Unless you always carry a big monitor with you plus that dock. When it comes to the camera, check out eprice review of the XZs. According to the reviewer, Sony has finally resolved the problem that has been plaguing its flagship phones, which is the smudgy look. Now everything is sharp. Plus, the 960 fps slow-mo works like a charm.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2017-03-29 16:44 ]
GRANEDE
Model not set
Joined: Mar 05, 2017
Posts: 38
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 18:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ooops, I meant to post this in S8 forum. But both S8 and S8+ looks so similar, ugly and weird looking device that that I posted in S8+ forum. Sorry, my bad.

But still pretty much everything I said still hold true. S7 has 5.5 inch display whereas S8+ has 6.2 inch screen (.7 inch bigger) yet they put put even less battery. . Regardless of what bullshit Samsung say about the battry life and 10nm efficient processor, Battery life will be $hit on S8+. Great job Samsung.

All the new software features are gimmicks serve as a cover up for useless old camera sensor, bad battery life, bullShit aspect ration and price.

@XperiaJunkie, I disagree with you on various point. Even though they have high resolution display it will be not the same. Mainly because Samsung use their bullShit pentile arrangement for their display. Even at the same resolution Sony phone will have sharper screen because of their RGB arrangement. Basically S8 screen will look less sharp than G6 screen and if they want to match the sharpness of Sony's 4K screen they have to use 5K resolution.

both have 4gb of RAM but Sony used the newer LPDDR4X whereas Sasmung used the old LPDDR4.
Sony used front facing stereo speaker whereas samsung ..............
Anandtech said it's the same old IMX260 sensor that doesn't have 960p video recording.

Sorry, If my honest opinion about S8 makes someone salty (Tsepz_GP) but be warned that I'll continue expressing my honest and heartfelt opinion about S8 in the coming days in this forum. If I'm a troll for doing this then you are a legitimate troll for doing this for the last 2 years in Sony forum. #I'mjustbeinghonesttomyself.
[ This Message was edited by: GRANEDE on 2017-03-29 17:20 ]
moogoo
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: > 500
From: NYC
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 18:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
lol..

on granede.. you're such an overzealous fanboy it HURTS sony rather than helps it. both XZP and S8 are very similar in a lot of ways. What you call gimmicks are features for some people. It is one of those "to each their own" scenarios. Some would say that super slow mo is a gimmick feature as well. In fact it is! How many people will actually use it after the first week? not many i'd say.

desktop feature is nice but unlikely to replace an actual desktop or laptop for that matter.

I was expecting more from samsung this time around. To me there isn't a WOW feature other than the size of the screen.

Tsepz - we all know you're a samsung fan and that's great. But you, as well, shouldn't say things that aren't based on fact (e.g., 4K only in picture/movie mode).

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Website: Coming Soon
McKinley
K750
Joined: Feb 23, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: Sweden, USA Los Angeles CA
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 18:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Who couldn't see that 1000 FPS being a major fake rumour?
Seriously I just feel this is a pumped up Note 7 in a new costume.

Paying this monstrous price tag for the S8+ is like helping Samsung to cover lost ground from the Note 7 fiasco.
[ This Message was edited by: McKinley on 2017-03-29 18:00 ]
GH688, T28, T39 and T68
Nokia 6110, 8110, 8850, 6230, N82
Moto V525 and RAZR V3
Samsung T100, S300 and E700
T68, T610, Z600, T630, K700, S700, V800, K750, S600, M600, S500, P1i, K850, X1 X10, Vivaz
Tsepz_GP
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg, South Africa
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 19:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I actually forgot the XZP did 4K all-round, I have been quite sloppy in keeping up with everything, I am waiting to watch some S8 hands-on as I'm still not totally aware of everything it has.

On 2017-03-29 18:07:05, GRANEDE wrote:
Ooops, I meant to post this in S8 forum. But both S8 and S8+ looks so similar, ugly and weird looking device that that I posted in S8+ forum. Sorry, my bad.

But still pretty much everything I said still hold true. S7 has 5.5 inch display whereas S8+ has 6.2 inch screen (.7 inch bigger) yet they put put even less battery. . Regardless of what bullshit Samsung say about the battry life and 10nm efficient processor, Battery life will be $hit on S8+. Great job Samsung.

All the new software features are gimmicks serve as a cover up for useless old camera sensor, bad battery life, bullShit aspect ration and price.

@XperiaJunkie, I disagree with you on various point. Even though they have high resolution display it will be not the same. Mainly because Samsung use their bullShit pentile arrangement for their display. Even at the same resolution Sony phone will have sharper screen because of their RGB arrangement. Basically S8 screen will look less sharp than G6 screen and if they want to match the sharpness of Sony's 4K screen they have to use 5K resolution.

both have 4gb of RAM but Sony used the newer LPDDR4X whereas Sasmung used the old LPDDR4.
Sony used front facing stereo speaker whereas samsung ..............
Anandtech said it's the same old IMX260 sensor that doesn't have 960p video recording.

Sorry, If my honest opinion about S8 makes someone salty (Tsepz_GP) but be warned that I'll continue expressing my honest and heartfelt opinion about S8 in the coming days in this forum. If I'm a troll for doing this then you are a legitimate troll for doing this for the last 2 years in Sony forum. #I'mjustbeinghonesttomyself.
[ This Message was edited by: GRANEDE on 2017-03-29 17:20 ]



This is all for me? I am honoured
Considering you have not got a clue of what you are talking about, it will be hilarious to watch you do all this for me only for the XZP to be a failure and S8 sellout despite the price.

Have fun though
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Exynos +128GB MicroSD + DeX & TouchPro Keyboard + U Flex LEVEL BT Headphones
Huawei Mate10 Pro 128GB - Review Unit
GRANEDE
Model not set
Joined: Mar 05, 2017
Posts: 38
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 19:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-03-29 18:55:51, moogoo wrote:
lol..

on granede.. you're such an overzealous fanboy it HURTS sony rather than helps it. both XZP and S8 are very similar in a lot of ways. What you call gimmicks are features for some people. It is one of those "to each their own" scenarios. Some would say that super slow mo is a gimmick feature as well. In fact it is! How many people will actually use it after the first week? not many i'd say.

desktop feature is nice but unlikely to replace an actual desktop or laptop for that matter.

I was expecting more from samsung this time around. To me there isn't a WOW feature other than the size of the screen.

Tsepz - we all know you're a samsung fan and that's great. But you, as well, shouldn't say things that aren't based on fact (e.g., 4K only in picture/movie mode).




I know I'm an overzealous fanboy, I wouldn't deny it but I waited 2-2.5 years for this day. So, please Let me have my fun for a few days . For all the bullshit they posted for 2-2.5 years in the sony forum I'll try to give them a little bit of it by using the excuses they used when they "EXPRESSED" their "HONEST" opinion about Sony/Xperia devices. I was good in the forum for the last couple of years but that didn't change their behavior so I figured it's time to behave like them and let them taste what it feels like. I'll especially follow the way my idol Tsepz_GP commented in the last 2 years in the sony forum and I hope my effort will make him proud.
[ This Message was edited by: GRANEDE on 2017-03-29 19:19 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Nov 07, 2007
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 21:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't like having the black side borders on video, same goes for the LG. Also, I think Android is miles away from Windows functionality so I doubt many will use the dock. I can't live without my Windows tablet, I can go without my phone though. There's no doubt that this year we have some great devices, LG and Sony did well and are genuinely good competition to Samsung and that's great for the consumer. There are pros and cons for all, its brilliant. Really looking forward to see what Sony bring at IFA as well as how Samsung resurrect the Note, I know so many people who were gutted that they couldn't get hold of the Note 7.
moogoo
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: > 500
From: NYC
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 21:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
those who couldn't get one were gutted.. those who did had their ass blown off
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Website: Coming Soon
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
Joined: Apr 11, 2013
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 22:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Interesting phone. Look forward to reading more hand on reviews .

The one in android police is quite interesting . For one it rubbishes the claim that the battery used by samsung will deteriorate faster in time

If I would buy a new phone would be between this one and Sony XZ premium
>500
Vivaz Black
Joined: Jan 24, 2006
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2017-03-29 22:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-03-29 17:19:26, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Looking forward to seeing how capable that Exynos 8895 is considering the 8890 was even better than a Snapdragon 821 let alone 820.



10% more powerful.
20% more efficient.
50% better on Manhattan/Trex benchmarks
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2017-03-29 21:44 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 161718  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic