Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-01 15:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-09-01 15:37:35, pt020 wrote:

On 2016-09-01 15:19:11, bronxdude wrote:
to those who were disappointed, maybe let's start with 0 hope and 0 expectations?

Let me start with my 2 years old Sony Z3 Compact.... its specs are better than the XC so for us it is the wrong start.

Apart from the waterproofing the X Compact is better than the Z3 Compact in pretty much every way.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 16:05
Nothing new, like always, just facelifts with almost same fuc***g specs...

I don't see any difference between Z3+, Z5, X Performance and XZ. Same goes for the Compact. Z3C, Z5C, XC.

I'm a sooooooo crazy Z Ultra fan, I'm still using my baby over 3 years now. It's my dailydriver. There is still no successor, on one side I'm happy one side am pissed off... When I see what was announced today, it's just a horror for a Sony fan. Even no Z5 Premium successor. Sony holyshit!!

I am waiting year after year for a real killer flaggship with latest specs and best technology.

My Z Ultra II dream:
Design like the XA with no bezel on the sides
6,44" 4K OLED Screen with 2.5D Gorilla Glass protection
64GB internal storage and expendable
4GB RAM
powerful Stereospeakers!!
at least Snapdragon 820
very good Camera with LED flash!!!
must be under 7mm thinn
3500mAh - 4000mAh battery
Waterresistant IP68
Wanna have same materials like the Original Ultra. It's just the best what Sony has ever produced!

If I be honest, I just need spec upgrade to my Ultra, nothing more. Just keep the same legendary design, I love it!!! Most weakest point for the Z Ultra is the camera, no led flash and the tiny single speaker.

So I thought when there is no new Ultra, I'm going with a new Compact. But after this ridiculous X Compact... I've to look to other brands.

And when I read let's see what Sony presents at MWC... People are you kidding me? I read this every year after an conference. Just wait and wait how long you want, you will never get what you are hoping for, cause Sony even doesn't believe in it self!

I have great compassion for Kaz. He is the biggest victim in the company. He has earned much more than just introduce always shit. Love this guy, Sony hmmm not in a long time...
like.no.other
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 16:11
I agree on the dream specs for a Z Ultra II King-James, but I wouldn't mind it being thicker to accommodate a top-tier camera and the best stereo speakers. While I love the 6.44" screen size, I suppose a reduction to 6" wouldn't be too bad if it meant easier one-handed use
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 16:48
Interesting to note, based off a couple of sites I've been reading they claim the 5-axis stabilization works on the front camera too.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 17:19
Why is it only me who is still holding my judgement to these new phones.
Indeed it was disappointing: from storage, ram, display resolution to the lack of ois but then I am part of the people now that isn't that much bothered by marginal upgrades.

I don't know but for some reason it doesn't bother me at all that my phone is an old Z2 with 3GB of ram while other phones have higher rams nowadays but I am bothered sometimes by the mere 16 GB of storage but that is partly I am too lazy and busy perhaps to move my data on my laptop.

Anyhow, this is a big improvement for me, at least you cannot call these "Marginal improvements" in terms of the camera. The addition of the 2 new sensor will change things just how effective it is, is still unknown so for me these phones are not meh.

Anyway, I am mostly a phone enthusiasts because of my handy camera so I won't blame people here if they are disappointed. In my most humble understanding, Sony have to balance things especially price-wise, I think it is forgivable to have not the best spec phone granted it is compensated by something extraordinary, which is definitely the camera.
So I am still holding my judgement for this.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2016-09-01 16:24 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 18:15
The X Compact has lost the essence of the original Compacts and I think that has been the most disappointing thing for a lot of people. In terms of specs people expected it to be the XZ with a plastic body as the compromise but this has a number of compromises. If this is your first Compact device then what makes it a bad experience? It looks great, very good processor, flagship camera, compact dimensions. How many compact or mid-range phones are waterproof for it to be a big problem here? Its going to be a monster in terms of everyday performance because of the balance of specs. There will be nothing comparable to this and it'll be significantly cheaper than the iPhone SE. Anyone saying the old Compacts perform better than this are wrong, this is a new device and will be more efficient and all round better than any old device. There is very little to complain about here. I would buy one but I really need a waterproof phone for work so its one compromise too much for me.

Now the XZ. There is no evidence that having 4GB or 6GB of RAM would have any real world advantage to 3GB of RAM at this current time. Same goes for the HD display although I really want this to translate to much better battery life because this hasn't been the case in recent years. I can guarantee that this will be as slick as the S7 and Note 7. It looks great, apparently it also feels great in the hand. It has the potential to be great so lets wait for some reviews and real world test. I think this will be one of the best performing devices of the year. If the camera is awesome people will overlook the RAM and screen res 'deficiencies'.

Those yearning for a new Z Ultra should try the XA Ultra. Its an awesome device and you will be so impressed when you try it out. Its really worth a look.

On the Sony fanboy stuff, at least we complain and whine and fight with some passion because we want Sony to do well. On the other hand, the Note 7 thread is silent as if an exploding phone is a minor issue that can be brushed under the carpet but as long as it has 4GB RAM its the best phone in the world right?
[ This Message was edited by: badassmam on 2016-09-01 17:16 ]
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 18:18

On 2016-09-01 18:15:35, badassmam wrote:
Those yearning for a new Z Ultra should try the XA Ultra. Its an awesome device and you will be so impressed when you try it out. Its really worth a look.

Nah man, I want the top end camera and stereo speakers at the very least. It's not nearly enough of an upgrade over my Z Ultra to make me even consider it.

Just give me an XZ in Ultra form and I'll snap it up in a heartbeat.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-01 18:23
vivftp - i was really hoping for exactly that. it wouldn't even have to be 6.4" screen. just 6" screen would have made me happy.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
tk007
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 18:29
let's hope for mwc 2017
shuter
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 18:34
For those cry babies and praising Samsung phones, especially Note7, please read up more on Note7 issues before bashing the hard work and awesome effort done by Sony. Do not just depend solely by paid reviewers or early impressions. Remember good stuff never come that easy.

http://www.xda-developers.com[....]assing-real-world-performance/
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 19:00

On 2016-09-01 18:15:35, badassmam wrote:
Now the XZ. There is no evidence that having 4GB or 6GB of RAM would have any real world advantage to 3GB of RAM at this current time. Same goes for the HD display although I really want this to translate to much better battery life because this hasn't been the case in recent years. I can guarantee that this will be as slick as the S7 and Note 7. It looks great, apparently it also feels great in the hand. It has the potential to be great so lets wait for some reviews and real world test. I think this will be one of the best performing devices of the year. If the camera is awesome people will overlook the RAM and screen res 'deficiencies'.

[ This Message was edited by: badassmam on 2016-09-01 17:16 ]

After owning Note 7 for more than a week, you are actually right, adding a GB of RAM doesn't make it run faster at all. In fact, my friend's 2 years old Iphone 6 can run much smoother than my new Note 7. My point is, as long as they can optimize the software, it will run like a champ.

About the new Xperia XZ, I have to admit that I like the its design, the Silver one looks awesome. Also, the new RGB and Laser focus are quite impressive, I really want to try it when its available.
[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2016-09-01 18:02 ]
Current phone: Moto X Pure and Iphone X
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-09-01 19:11
If the XZ is optimised as well as the X then it'll fly believe me especially with the extra power from the CPU.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
McKinley
K750
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 19:18

On 2016-09-01 19:11:03, XperiaJunkie wrote:
If the XZ is optimised as well as the X then it'll fly believe me especially with the extra power from the CPU.

I don't care if it doesn't break the Antutu useless score record. All I care for is an optimisation as good as the Xperia X, which means it will do the multitasking in a breeze.
GH688, T28, T39 and T68
Nokia 6110, 8110, 8850, 6230, N82
Moto V525 and RAZR V3
Samsung T100, S300 and E700
T68, T610, Z600, T630, K700, S700, V800, K750, S600, M600, S500, P1i, K850, X1 X10, Vivaz
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 19:18
guys please calm down
So far
+ves
1) new style
2) amazing colors
3) as usual perfect android UI

-ves
1) ram size
My response doesn't matter so far if the UI calibration is good
2) 1080p display
My response this is even better for the battery, and anyway both 1080p or 2K will never defer for the eye on this display size
3) IPS
My response I will never use the cartoonish AMOLED, yes better in doors
4) 650 SD in the compact
My response you must really try the normal Xperia X first
I hated it when it was firstly announced and when I put it facing the 10 , S7 & G5 I changed my mind completely and bought it dual with 64 internal memory
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-09-01 19:33
As maloqs stated, let's keep this thread as a rumours thread. Best to move all device conversations to their relative threads:

X compact
https://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=208574

XZ
https://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=208573

Anyways, technically we still have 3-4 months of 2016 left, so maybe by some miracle sony will introduce something (unlikely) but one can always have hope. One interesting note is that sony has abandoned the tablet space by the looks of it, even asus and lenovo introduced 2 android tablets at ifa.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 114115116 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic