Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Need urgent help ! Gprs > Pc > Internet

Previous  12
Author Need urgent help ! Gprs > Pc > Internet
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-14 14:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
sorry to hear that.any1 can help...maybe is the bluetooth
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
Psykotik
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-03-17 13:42
got a stable dial up connection working at last!!! Just need my gprs to work now!!
SonyEric
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-04-05 23:59
Quote:

On 2003-03-12 15:59, giZmo wrote:
(...)
The phone doesn't support that speed, but I'm able to connect at 57.6 Kbit/sec (with no data compression) and surf the web at a reasonable speed.

I tried it only once (phone reported: 0:28:14 connection time, 3.232.561 bytes received, 576.106 bytes sent):
- web browsing works (almost) flawless;
- downloads reach an average of 4.12K/sec - more than what I am actually able to reach with a 56K modem).

EVERYONE! Please report are you able to surf/download via IRDA or data cable @ speeds more than 9600?

Please state:
-- your software version (howto: press >*<<*<*, where < and > are joystick moves), then go to Service Info --> soft info)
-- your OS version (WinXP, 98, ME)
-- your connection type and mark/model of the device (e.g. IRDA connector, Titan, IR-200S)
-- have you changed some specific settings in Windows (port settings etc.)

Thanks in advance! Hope to get rid of that 9600 lags soon.
giZmo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-08 15:52
try this:
- install a "generic 28800 modem" on the virtual COM port mapped to your IrDa adapter, or do the same with the specific T300 modem drivers
(SE has made an updated driver available for download, just a few days ago)
- in the modem properties page:
set connection speed @57600
disable data compression (both hardware and software)

check also if:
your SIM has GPRS data connections enabled (ask your network provider)
in your phone's settings there is a working gprs profile (and your connection is using it - the number of the phone connection setting to use is included at the end of the "phone number" you are calling)

Note: when asking your PC to connect through a GPRS phone, the so-called "number" you are dialing is just a string used to change some of the phone's settings, in order to obtain a data connection from the network: some operators have different "numbers" for different phone brands.
For example, mine is *99***10# I was told that "10" is referring to the index of the connection settings to use among those available in the phone.

I also had to add an initialization string in the modem's advanced settings (on the PC): +cgdcont=10,"IP","uni.tim.it",,0,0
these, of course, depends on your network operator "tim" is the one I used for these connections.

Cheers and...appy browsing
giZmo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-04-14 12:29
UPDATE:
also tried with another italian network operator (VodafoneOmnitel), and this works too.
all I had to change (PC side) was the modem initialization string, to let the phone use the right connection settings.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi