Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Need urgent help ! Gprs > Pc > Internet

12  Next
Author Need urgent help ! Gprs > Pc > Internet
fatum
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-17 22:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I bought my T300 2 weeks ago and really love it. For the past few days i was trying to figure out how to connect phone to pc and surf internet through GPRS.
I read lots of stuff here but mostly end with confusion. So i decided to post a new topic. I hope you will help me.
Yesterday i went to Ericsson service center to buy a data cable, as far as i know from this board i should either buy DCU11 or DRS11. The guy told me for what will i use it ? And i said to connect pc to web from gprs. Than he told me that neither serial or usb cables will work. T300 doesnt support gprs modem for those cables. You can only send images,sounds to your phone but cant use gprs data.
I was really shocked, what the hell ! He suggested me to look for a infrared usb device so it will work with gprs.
I went to some big computer center and ask for one, they show me someting like BF-120 from Bafo techonologies. But again to make everything clear i asked him if this thing supports ericsson T300 with GPRS, the guy called their techinal center and after all he said "NO it doesnt!"
Ok , i am really getting crazy now, i cant use usb or serial cables because T300 modem doesnt support them, and cant use infrared !
I know there are lots of people in this board surfing the pages at their desktop computer through GPRS. Please tell me that , yes i can do this with my T300.
And also if anyone succeded this before what is the best infrared usb device that supports T300, how is the speed, does it supports 3+1 ?

Thanks for your support !
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-02-18 06:33
this official sonyericsson webpage lists the DCU10/11 and DRS11 as compatible accessories for your phone.

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2003-02-18 05:39 ]
fatum
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-18 21:49
Thanks for your help but T300 doen not support modem connection with a data cable. When you click accessories and the data for more specifications it will show you the specs of data cable but thats not always true for all phones.
Anyway i am searching for a infrared usb device, so if you know a good brand , model , post them here...
sleeq
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-19 12:58
[original post removed]

sleeq, short answer: YES. for details, login and use SEARCH

[ This Message was edited by: GOwin on 2003-02-19 13:04 ]
rocko
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-03-09 20:38
Quote:

I went to some big computer center and ask for one, they show me someting like BF-120 from Bafo techonologies. But again to make everything clear i asked him if this thing supports ericsson T300 with GPRS, the guy called their techinal center and after all he said "NO it doesnt!"

I do have exactly the same problem, now I will buy an USB Infrared dongle (chronos USB-IR) and install the IR modem driver. My concern is the maximum speed I will reach via IR, if maximum bandwidth is 9600 I wont use t300 as my destop computers GPRS modem and will buy another gprs phone.

Shame of Sony Ericsson that they do not provide adequate documantation for t300 networking.
giZmo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 15:59
Hi,
I've a T300 and a generic IR USB interface capable - they say - of connecting to devices upto 4Mbit/sec (FIR).

The phone doesn't support that speed, but I'm able to connect at 57.6 Kbit/sec (with no data compression) and surf the web at a reasonable speed.

I tried it only once (phone reported: 0:28:14 connection time, 3.232.561 bytes received, 576.106 bytes sent):
- web browsing works (almost) flawless;
- downloads reach an average of 4.12K/sec - more than what I am actually able to reach with a 56K modem).

My PC's OS is WinXP, but I think that win98SE or later is all you need (don't know if the win98 "first ed." works, I will try it asap on my old notebook).

NOTE: The settings I've used, for the phone, were those for the T68i, as T300 isn't directly supported from TIM (Italy)
scubba_steve
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 16:12
I checked the SE Global support web site. It confirms what you stated. The T300 can be used as a modem only with the IR port, you can download the drivers for it on the global support site.
jor1ge
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 16:26
This is inconceivable,very silly.
I have usb cable and i use my t68i as a modem.Now i have to think twice if i buy the t310 to use as e second phone
Psykotik
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 19:22
To the guy that has the internet working via gprs: how did you connect up to gprs? Im running xp and i want to use gprs instead of dial up, but in the connection settings menu i have to put a dial up number?! Could you please elaborate on your settings? Thanks in advance

This message was posted from a T68i

jor1ge
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 22:30
I tell you what i do eventhough your network's settings could be slightly different.
You install the phone's modem drivers first and after you create a new connection selecting your phone's modem.In my case i leave blanc the username and password,in other networks you might have to put something there.Dialup number you put *99#.
Now something important,at least in my case,is to put in your modem's properties a string command that enables your modem to communicate with your network.You go to the modem properties,you press advanced and you add the command there.It ussualy is +cgdcont=1,"ip","your apn number" where your apn number is different for every network and you must ask for it the customer support.This is basically what you must do and it works for me just fine.
giZmo
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-13 10:23
Quote:

On 2003-03-12 22:30, jor1ge wrote:
I tell you what i do eventhough your network's settings could be slightly different.

they (almost surely) will!
Quote:

You install the phone's modem drivers first and after you create a new connection selecting your phone's modem.

do it as if it is a standard modem dialup connection.
Quote:

In my case i leave blanc the username and password,in other networks you might have to put something there.Dialup number you put *99#.

these depends on your network's settings, ask your provider: mine uses phone number as username, and lets you choose your password (using an SMS).
I've also found that my network uses different Dialup numbers, depending (it seems) on your phone's brand.
Quote:

Now something important,at least in my case,is to put in your modem's properties a string command that enables your modem to communicate with your network.You go to the modem properties,you press advanced and you add the command there.It ussualy is +cgdcont=1,"ip","your apn number" where your apn number is different for every network and you must ask for it the customer support.This is basically what you must do and it works for me just fine.

this also applies for my settings.

Hope this will help
Cheers!
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-13 10:59
So what y'all sayin' is that if i pay a flat rate of 4$/month 4 unlimited gprs(this happens in my case) i CAN surf the net at 56k with my phone!cool!and if this is true,what other phone works?moto t192,t 200, er r6oo?they all have gprs

This message was posted from a Nokia

jor1ge
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-13 15:11
@701
Before you make gprs contract ask your provider if this flat rate you are gonna pay allows data transfer too.There is a possibility to offer unlimited gprs use only for wap use.You must clear this out.
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-13 16:18
@jor1ge: thanks:) i'll check it out and let u know here.10x

Yes, they included the internet too .so it's gonna be practic and ..almost free:) I gotta get myself a phone with accesories ..t200 might work? If that one doesn't ,than the motorola timeport 260/280 sure does...

[ This Message was edited by: 701 on 2003-03-13 15:32 ]
Psykotik
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2003-03-13 21:22
I have done all of the above, and the pc connects to gprs, but when i try to go to a webpage, it doesnt load:-( im connecting via bluetooth by the way

This message was posted from a T68i

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi