Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia 808 PureView Thread And Discussion

Previous  123 ... 141516 ... 939495  Next
Author Nokia 808 PureView Thread And Discussion
michelletan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 04:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@Guarulhos

Different people have different levels in photography so some might assume or understand their lowest level as their best.

Like 808 pureview comes with a sensor size of 1/1.2 and this is bigger than a Nokia N8 of 1/1.83 . Guess where is Xperia S or Iphone 4S is

If the logic in photography is the bigger the sensor the better the image quality why are people convinced their tiny sensor is the best? because that is his/her standard.

Most people you notice they love to link to reviewers and blogs but have they ask one question are those people a photographer or just a gadget freak? Just imagine if they need to use gadget freaks words to justify their words just imagine whats their level? The technology of a Nokia 808 Pureview is something so unique and complicated its very hard for ordinary people to understand its potential. Also if you notice i dont post my photos in 4R or 5R you can view it at 1024 X 768 and bigger you notice there is hardly any noise or not noticable that is what pureview + huge sensor F1/1.2 is.

There many type of people out there, we must respect their choice some people they want an ordinary phone that can make phone calls , sms , emails , internet and can capture amazing photos to keep as memories but do not like bulky devices like DSLR, compact camera thats where the 808 Pureview comes in. Or some love to follow trend like quad core because the OS like android needs it but with crappy low image quality they even cant tell the difference due to their standard too low.

For my level of photography android phones camera are the worse. The photos only looks great from your phone screen whenever you transfer this to a computer that have screen from 17" and above you will notice how bad quality of the image you captured by your android.

Lastly alot of people love to debate and fail to understand 808 pureview its a smartphone with amazing camera capabilities.

Some will say their J1 bigger pixels, their iphone take better photos, their Xperia S got alot apps and got 12MP camera the point is what do you do with it? I dont need an overpriced S3 plastic cheap casing + copied technology with crappy camera performance that is my standard

I want something that is portable , all in one and still give me amazing image quality like the 808 Pureview.
Not all in one but the camera sux like android iphones. Phones can always be replaced but memories once its past you cant rewind it back. The better the quality the more stories it tells.

In many situation i can outbeat a DSLR users with a mobile phone but in some situation due to the phone limitation i cant.

Some of my work from other various mobile phones that even enough to beat android phones

Lumia 900
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[....]sets/72157630272695414/detail/

Lumia 800
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[....]sets/72157629369608885/detail/

N8
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[....]collections/72157624928852359/
[ This Message was edited by: michelletan on 2012-08-20 06:43 ]
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 09:19
michelletan, be prepared to be called troll, retarded, fanboy
michelletan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 10:05
Its okay I know my facts I don't just link to other gadget reviewers and blogs. I can even tell you the sensor size of their crappy android phone even their latest sensor so tiny. I anytime can proof to the fanboys with photos not words. Fanboys will keep linking you to someone else work and keep telling what they like. But i can teach you how to take , i can show you how i take and also give you my actual work.

If you notice most of the photos captured by those gadget freak are just average there is no wow factor. Their standard are not high either so when fanboys link their reviews the standard goes even lower.

Here are my photos captured by 808 pureview without post processing and no extra lens
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[....]sets/72157631119003272/detail/

Their phone have quad core but the photos captured are like shit. I dare challenge any android fanboys to capture the image I did without post processing and extra lens proof me wrong with photos not words.

Try enlarge at least 1920 x 1080 the photo they captured. I am explaining base on photography terms not fanboys terms

I am just being honest the camera from an android phones really sux but everything else beside the camera is great.

lets be fair to android fanboys this taken by Nokia lumia 800 Carl Zeiss beat this using your android phone without edit and no extra lens. My EXIF are intact just for your info

Nokia Lumia 800 @ A story within a story by JTproductions, on Flickr
[ This Message was edited by: michelletan on 2012-08-20 10:56 ]
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 12:04

On 2012-08-20 09:19:21, ILoveBhe wrote:

where did that come from? the only one who was called a troll/retarded was guarulhos because of his posts disrespecting esato members by direct insult, but never were you nor michelletan because both of your posts contain sensible answers to the topic and we respect that. Plus we never started disrespect in this thread, see page one who started it.

also as said many times all of us never claimed that there is a better cameraphone than 808. there are some that comes close only when the images are resized to a much smaller size which is commonly used, but not better.

plus you're not helping the thread come out of its negativity by posting that are you? we'd rather forget the whole thing and move on.

@michelletan

we are actually thankful that you came to post in this thread with nice pictures, people will respect you seeing from your posts

as for your challenge, I don't have an android phone, only the old Hazel plus my subject ain't as good as yours but were talking about picture quality right?

Original

I'd say my pic still remains good sharp details even if you view it at 1920x1080. Pictures are not shit, being fair I'd call it decent to good but not best. I did not use any lens or postprocessing. Exif of my photo and original size can be viewed by clicking the link provided below the photo.

@moderators

sorry for being offtopic here
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2012-08-20 11:06 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
michelletan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 13:15

On 2012-08-20 12:04:44, reeflotz wrote:

On 2012-08-20 09:19:21, ILoveBhe wrote:

where did that come from? the only one who was called a troll/retarded was guarulhos because of his posts disrespecting esato members by direct insult, but never were you nor michelletan because both of your posts contain sensible answers to the topic and we respect that. Plus we never started disrespect in this thread, see page one who started it.

also as said many times all of us never claimed that there is a better cameraphone than 808. there are some that comes close only when the images are resized to a much smaller size which is commonly used, but not better.

plus you're not helping the thread come out of its negativity by posting that are you? we'd rather forget the whole thing and move on.

@michelletan

we are actually thankful that you came to post in this thread with nice pictures, people will respect you seeing from your posts

as for your challenge, I don't have an android phone, only the old Hazel plus my subject ain't as good as yours but were talking about picture quality right?

Original

I'd say my pic still remains good sharp details even if you view it at 1920x1080. Pictures are not shit, being fair I'd call it decent to good but not best. I did not use any lens or postprocessing. Exif of my photo and original size can be viewed by clicking the link provided below the photo.

@moderators

sorry for being offtopic here
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2012-08-20 11:06 ]

Thanks for your amazing photo before this during the symbian era SE camera was the best like K850i when they start using android it get bad to worse. Thanks for your photo look at the detail see the difference? That what makes carl zeiss lens amazing.

My definition of decent is sharpness and detail you finally understand what i mean by different levels.

Now here a bigger picture of that earlier picture so every pixels counts so when all this high quality pixels combines it becomes a masterpiece

Nokia Lumia 800 @ Haruhi Syaoran by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia Lumia 900 @ Waterdrops by JTproductions, on Flickr

No offense to anyone i am just sharing my views.
[ This Message was edited by: michelletan on 2012-08-20 12:20 ]
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 13:50
Mmm michelletan apparently you're a good photographer.

I am just being honest the camera from an android phones really sux but everything else beside the camera is great.
I'm not totally agree with that, you admit that android work great (better than symbian) but all the android high end doesn't suchs for their cameras ! It's not the same level of this 808 that is for sure but some of these are "good enough" like Xperia s or GS3 for exemple.

Take a look here : http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/index.php?make=Samsung&model=GT-I9300 or here http://www.flickr.com/photos/pureviewclub/sets/72157630324374914/with/7459182978/

Do you thing the Xperia S or the GS3 are totally ridiculous big time compare with the 808 ?

I'm sure you'd also makes beautiful pictures with these devices
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 15:04
in photography, picture quality is better than image quality ü

Try joining some competitions, like here in esato monthly camera phone photo shootout.

Image quality of pureview is useless if you're picture dont have or lack of some compositions, wow factors, story of the picture.

Members dont waste their time cropping the images then they'll the choose the image with noise free, accurate color etc. thats ridiculous coz its not a battle for the best camera.

The compitition is a battle for the photographers on how he/she makes a good image according to the theme by just using a camera phone.

We're just talking about image quality only if the camera/device is concern, but if its for good image well its up to us the photographers

Its true that pureview is far more better than other mobile phones and most of digital cameras in terms of image quality, but if you're talking about Good Images its not on the camera anymore.
"You don't need a reason to help people"
-Nokia N82 5.0MP Carl Zeiss Optics
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
michelletan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 17:48

Nokia 808 Pureview @ KLCC Twin Tower and Petronas Tower 3 by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia 808 Pureview @ Light trail by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia 808 Pureview @ Sephora Bukit Bintang by JTproductions, on Flickr
michelletan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 18:14

On 2012-08-20 13:50:50, davidsic wrote:
Mmm michelletan apparently you're a good photographer.

I'm not totally agree with that, you admit that android work great (better than symbian) but all the android high end doesn't suchs for their cameras ! It's not the same level of this 808 that is for sure but some of these are "good enough" like Xperia s or GS3 for exemple.

Take a look here : http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/index.php?make=Samsung&model=GT-I9300 or here http://www.flickr.com/photos/pureviewclub/sets/72157630324374914/with/7459182978/

Do you thing the Xperia S or the GS3 are totally ridiculous big time compare with the 808 ?

I'm sure you'd also makes beautiful pictures with these devices

Haha wasnt me the first comparing with Xperia S and SGS3 its the other forumers i am just justifying their discussion lol. Mate my opinion if that photographer able to capture what i capture its easier to see the similarity but capturing landscape in daylight its very easy. The real challenges for a mobile phone comes when in low light and close up.

That is my meaning of different levels i can capture landscape, closeup and low light those reviewers are only good in landscape. What are they comparing contrast? so how do you define that which have a better image quality?

Have you seen the capability of 808 PV lossless zoom?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBQqY-OfM4c

I can make those photos captured by Xperia S and SGS3 nice but there this lack of satisfaction when you look at the picture. I do not know how to explain that.

Ive seen the links you posted you notice when you view the photos there lots of noise and inconsistence contrast for me if i captured similar like those photos i will immediately delete them. Hehe thats just me.

I am sorry android phones camera is not that bad but just for my expectation after using high end DSLR and mobile phone in a way android camera are like the last in my list. That is my definition

Nokia 808 Pureview @ Green Dragonfly by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia N8 @ Green Dragonfly by JTproductions, on Flickr

Nokia Lumia 900 @ Green Dragonfly by JTproductions, on Flickr
michelletan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 18:27

On 2012-08-20 15:04:51, exaflare23 wrote:
in photography, picture quality is better than image quality ü

Try joining some competitions, like here in esato monthly camera phone photo shootout.

Image quality of pureview is useless if you're picture dont have or lack of some compositions, wow factors, story of the picture.

Members dont waste their time cropping the images then they'll the choose the image with noise free, accurate color etc. thats ridiculous coz its not a battle for the best camera.

The compitition is a battle for the photographers on how he/she makes a good image according to the theme by just using a camera phone.

We're just talking about image quality only if the camera/device is concern, but if its for good image well its up to us the photographers

Its true that pureview is far more better than other mobile phones and most of digital cameras in terms of image quality, but if you're talking about Good Images its not on the camera anymore.

True in a way but esato competition allows you to photoshop so i dont see any skills in that. Do you know its 100 times harder to click the shutter with right composition + story and get the image right the first time? that what makes the photo priceless.

davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-20 19:30

On 2012-08-20 15:04:51, exaflare23 wrote:
Yeah you're right.

The real challenges for a mobile phone comes when in low light and close up.
Ok for low light but for close up the 808 isn't that good because it fails to focus closer than +- 20cm...or you must play with the zoom !

I see no problem of what you would do very good photos with a GS3 when I see what you do with a 900 lumia

Gsmarena about the cam of Lumia 900
The 8 MP shooter on the Lumia 900 was a reasonable capable performer in terms of image quality. There is a good amount of resolved detail and colors were good, if slightly oversaturated. The camera also boasts pretty good dynamic range and even though noise levels could be better they are still tolerable.

And for the GS3
Photos from the Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III are sharp and with very low levels of noise and plenty of detail. Color reproduction is okay, though greens seem slightly more saturated than reds and blues. The dynamic range is very good, too adding up to what is certainly one of the best 8MP shooters around.

You probably thinking i'm a Samsung fan, in fact no, i was a Sony Ericsson Fan but maybe tomorrow i will use a sony, htc, samsung or Nokia. Now i use my 808 and GS3.

My problem is consider a modern smartphone to be a all-in-one and not only the camera and for that the 808 can't compete with a lot of other smartphones.

Check this out

Your pics render very well on a 720 x 1280 screen (taken with the 808)
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 03:31
The xperia S was a shot at the N8.. and they almost got it, not quite, but close. But nobody anticipated that Nokia will smash everyone in the camera department the way they did.

On 2012-08-20 04:52:00, michelletan wrote:
The technology of a Nokia 808 Pureview is something so unique and complicated its very hard for ordinary people to understand its potential.

I don't think Nokia did a particualry good job at explaining to the public what the 808 project was all about, there are still a lot of people out there that don't quite understand it.

Good post by the way! I actually think that the 808 exceeds my photographic abilities/talent.. I got the N8 down, but the 808 has much more potential and I am not sure if I can get the maximum out of it.

You should share your photos on esato, its a great web based album service.. I like much better than flickr, and its free to store original size files.

On 2012-08-20 19:30:01, davidsic wrote:
My problem is consider a modern smartphone to be a all-in-one and not only the camera and for that the 808 can't c

You always forget to add "in my opinion" because.. it is I would take the 808 (without the camera) instead of the GS3 any day. I just like Symbian way more than I do android..
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 04:23

On 2012-08-20 18:27:59, michelletan wrote:

True in a way but esato competition allows you to photoshop so i dont see any skills in that. Do you know its 100 times harder to click the shutter with right composition + story and get the image right the first time? that what makes the photo priceless.

No post process allowed in the competition, I think the real challenge is by joining it instead of comparing pureview to every camera phone in the market
"You don't need a reason to help people"
-Nokia N82 5.0MP Carl Zeiss Optics
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
Sugarkane
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 06:19
I'm really trying to found a single post where have my person saying that the Xperia S is better than the 808 camera wise or that i prefer Sony over any brand...
It's my third Sony/Sony Ericsson device since 2003.
Being a Nokia user since 6681,E90,N92,N73,N95 and the N8 it's fun to read that i'm a Sony fanboy.

But the funniest thing is read a silly kid being jealous because he lives on a country that my car costs four times or more and the dumb really thinks that i'm spitting money just because he can't buy one
I'll still ignoring the boy with suspect snoot,will nail just for fun and to see how he behaves.
Even not understanding virtually nothing beyond words copied from the translator. (broken?)

And iLoveBhe,i thought you was a good person to talk.
My sincere apologies if i disrespected your beloved phone.
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 07:01
Sugarkane...

First... Disinfect Its Nasty Hands Before Of Write Something About The My Country !

In Second Place... Not Opine About Something That You Not Understands And Never Understand !

And By End Stay Well Quietly And Recluse On His Merited Habitat... In Other Words, THE TOILET !!!

After All... Short: Você é Um Bosta... You It Is a Shit... Usted Es Un mi**da... Vous Il Est Un Merde... Voi è Un Merda !

I Believe That Now You Understood !!!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 141516 ... 939495  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic