Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Is it time for Sony to ditch Ericsson?

Previous  1234  Next
Author Is it time for Sony to ditch Ericsson?
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 02:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I like how Esato is normally filled with SE fanboys, but within them, there are also Ericsson and Sony fanboys, can they be split any further?!
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 02:09
Come on Hans don't be shy
Phone?? What phone??
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 02:20

On 2011-08-19 02:08:44, adsada wrote:
I like how Esato is normally filled with SE fanboys, but within them, there are also Ericsson and Sony fanboys, can they be split any further?!

+1 haha
pohuman
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 02:40
Sony alone will make a better phones.. [addsig]
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 05:06
blame Ericsson? i'll blame Sony for all of that, Sony was the one who monopolizes the camera sensors on all SE devices, while providing image quality that continuously degrades in every generation, they were the ones who denied SE proper audio processors so that it won't harm the sales of their own products, they were the ones who keeps denying SE a proper gaming platform so that PSP sales won't be affected, and yes we now have the Play but with hardware embarassed by their own Vita. to be honest Ericsson was the one really working hard these days, after the K850 fiasco I can't help but blame Sony on all the mess SE has made out there. also remember that Hideki Komiyama (who worked at Sony) promised that SE will recover during his time on the company but has quit his job in the middle of crisis that started on Flint's stupid decisions (who, as far as i know also workd at Sony), now we have a new company leader who has given us good phones but thanks to Sony's restrictions Arc cannot outperform Galaxy S II in camera quality, Xperia Play, while good can really only shine if we it have tegra. the Bravia engine is a complete gimmick compared to the admittedly superior OLEDs (which is used in PSVita). I was a huge sony fan, and i even debated with Several anti-sony esato members here, but i realized they were right

I was a nokia user during the early days of 1-band/2-band GSM-based mobile phones and i loved their phones back then. honestly i never knew Sony makes phones, i like the ericsson phones too, i was familiar with these 2 models

http://www.gsmarena.com/ericsson_a1018s-114.php

http://www.gsmarena.com/ericsson_r520m-199.php

i had two friends that owns each of them
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2011-08-19 04:19 ]
10 years at Esato
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 06:47
with the patent war gaining momentum.

I wonder do Sony have the guts to ditch Ericsson.
Ericsson have no problem with it since they have patent and know how on wireless technology.

How do Sony able to get their mobile device out? paying everyone money to use their patents? then i wonder how to stay competitive as its not easy to have their own OS....and its not easy to differentiate one self from all the Android pack......

the biggest problem in sony is the failure to get their media content hook up nicely with mobile devices like Apple did.
Until today I still don't know why they cannot get it right when they have CBS/ Columbia picture/ Sony Music.

ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 07:11
Whatever happens but we need some successfully accepted phones from which would fit in wallet as well.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-19 07:26
I love how some don't know that Esato started out as an Ericsson fan site and wonder why there are so many and fan boys here...

I agree, I was never in favor of Sony and Ericsson merging... their products got far worse after the merger and only the recent (Elm, Hazel, Xperia) models seem to have picked up where left off back in 2002 right before Quartz was supposed to be launched. All the phones in between were stagnant tech with horrible Sony MS Duo crap. And for those that don't know... if Sony hadn't come into the pic, was in discussions with Canon to provide the camera modules... so we would've had much better cameraphones as well.

If is dissolved and it's just Sony... sorry, I never liked their phones before... I sure as hell am not gonna stay with them without in the mix.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 07:30
@ceaser - And Ericsson alone can do that imho, Sony is infamous for overpricing so that would be the reason why SE products are almost as expensive as some phones with better specs. if not for the fire incident on philips factory which hit hard, would have stayed as

@jplacson, as a fan i don't know what would i feel if the philips factory didn't get caught on fire and crippled hard, but now i think can handle the job better. and yes canon could've given more fame in mobile imaging. could use it's full potential in the hands of without Sony restricting them.

PS: apologies for the bloat of logos on my post
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2011-08-19 06:38 ]
10 years at Esato
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 08:16

On 2011-08-19 07:26:44, jplacson wrote:
I love how some don't know that Esato started out as an Ericsson fan site and wonder why there are so many and fan boys here...

I agree, I was never in favor of Sony and Ericsson merging... their products got far worse after the merger and only the recent (Elm, Hazel, Xperia) models seem to have picked up where left off back in 2002 right before Quartz was supposed to be launched. All the phones in between were stagnant tech with horrible Sony MS Duo crap. And for those that don't know... if Sony hadn't come into the pic, was in discussions with Canon to provide the camera modules... so we would've had much better cameraphones as well.

If is dissolved and it's just Sony... sorry, I never liked their phones before... I sure as hell am not gonna stay with them without in the mix.

that's bad if they don't know the history. It took me almost 7yrs to get my T39 failed to work.
I doubt any SE phone can last that long.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 09:18

On 2011-08-18 21:02:39, Tsepz_GP wrote:
what will i pick?

Think i'd take an Ericsson. I can see SONY's being overpriced and arriving late to market, lol.

So yes, they must divorce, the marriage is destroying them, like Bobby and Whitney - Bobby being SONY

Bobby and Whitney?

Well put there, Tsepz!

I prefer Ericsson and I don't see Sony making it on its own. They are already failing in their own huge electronics company. Not too long ago they were mulling over quitting the tv market because of the hammering from Samsung, their Playstation devices are getting beaten from left to right, their hi-fis can't compete. Their cameras lag behind the likes of Canon and Nikon, basically, in almost everything Sony has fallen behind.

They are the ones that strangled SE and not Ericsson.

Interestingly, not so long ago I pointed out that I don't see this joint venture surviving that long enough.

The question is, will Ericsson go it alone should they split? I doubt it. They know very well how near impossible it will be for them to make a huge impact in this crowded and extremely competitive environment.

I'd still support them over Sony should they decide to go it on their own cause I believe they are way better than Sony and their vast experience in this field is what counts for me.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 09:27

They are the ones that strangled SE and not Ericsson.

[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2011-08-19 08:27 ]
10 years at Esato
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 12:35
Sony have to be more Ericssonesk, not ditching them... `cause it was that brought inovations which make me huge fan in late 90s. I`ll never forget 2001-2002 when I was using my T68 with additional MP3 player and VGA camera on the beach, playing Bluetooth games with my best friend... sending MMS trough British servers even before my provider offering this service here in Bulgaria. Where`s that inovative aproach recently? Nowhere. Sony rely on trade marks and marketing tricks, rather being inovative, creating things like and they are always behind with hardwere...
Did you see the rumors of what offer for next Google Phone compared to others? 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon, when HTC offer next gen 1.8 Krait, Samsung and LG offer 1.5 TI processors. We may well suggest that next year will dissapoint once again in hardwere department.

PS: In the same time is still the leader in what they do - leading 4G technologies and equipment, leading chips... ect. Where is Sony? Loosing ground on TV, camera, consoles ... isn`t it obvious what should they have to do?
[ This Message was edited by: argiriano on 2011-08-19 11:43 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 14:16

On 2011-08-19 07:26:44, jplacson wrote:

I knew that, I was buying loads of Ericsson handsets & then found this site when I was looking for themes when I had the original t68. I browsed alot before joining as another username, went away & came back as Bonovox. So,I knew what this site was originally!!
Phone?? What phone??
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 17:10
Only thing you need to remember from that article is
There is increasing speculation Sony is [...]
That is basically everything to it, speculation.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  1234  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic