Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Is it time for Sony to ditch Ericsson?

1234  Next
Author Is it time for Sony to ditch Ericsson?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 19:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This is an article I just picked up from Mobile News website
http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.u[....]me-for-sony-to-ditch-ericsson/
It seems to me that Sony seems to be blaming Ericsson for all the problems
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-08-18 18:54 ]
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 20:17
I think they should both ditch each other as i think they have run their course together the marriage was great but all good things must end and they were both amazing in their own right as separate manufacturers in the first place so its time to go back to that and begin again with a fresh new start.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 20:22
I think it will make the market more interesting & with more competition if they divorced Ericsson & Sony with their own handsets would be something new & exciting to look forward to!!
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 20:25
Yes we need iEricsson and iSony smartphones now!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 20:32
oh no
Phone?? What phone??
pohuman
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 20:41
Good news! [addsig]
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 20:55
They say the SE agreement is up for renewal in October so lets hope they don't sign up for another term together.

adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 20:57
Hmmm...this has been mentioned many times before, I don't know if Sony would actually do it though. But more interestingly if they did, would they stick with the brand Sony Ericsson or drop it and just produced Sony phones?

I think the SE brand is pretty well known now, although funnily enough most people think Sony produces Sony Ericsson, and Ericsson is just the name of their phones, such as vaio or handycam etc. I admit back in the day I also believed this
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 21:02
what will i pick?

Think i'd take an Ericsson. I can see SONY's being overpriced and arriving late to market, lol.

So yes, they must divorce, the marriage is destroying them, like Bobby and Whitney - Bobby being SONY
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 21:03
Yeah,when I hear people mention a phone made by them they say Sony. A review by Gadget Show of the Arc & Play they said the new Android phones by Sony I think Ericsson plays more of the part in terms of design. I too would choose Ericsson as the early Sony phones were crap imo. But that may not be the case now. Would be interesting though.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-08-18 20:04 ]
Phone?? What phone??
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 21:11
I know how Ericsson feels, living in Scotland, all you hear all the time is England. I'll go to some European or whatever and say "I'm from Edinburgh", they reply "Oh yeah in England"

The best was I said I was from Scotland and this American said, "Oh isn't that a state in England?" True story

Anyway back to the topic, that article made it out like the 'new leaf' has failed but I think they still need time, They've had to change their whole company to a smartphone one, meaning retraining staff, gaining new contacts etc. When they set up in 2001 it took them a few years to do well 6 years to get to 103 million.

I think they can still be saved, another problem I believe is that people do not associate SE with smartphones. Samsung HTC, you first think ah its smartphones, but SE you still picture the java phones so people looking to buy a smartphone will go to a manufacturer with experience in it.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-18 21:14
Yes or they say the UK or British And yet made innovating smartphones back in the day with the P range
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-08-18 20:16 ]
Phone?? What phone??
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 01:10
"Sony is getting impatient", lol. Like they ever have invested technology or anything at all really in SE besides lending them brand names and giving them some camera modules. It has always been sony who has been reluctant in this relationship. Make a SE device with the oled screen and processor from psp vita and it would be an instant success. But no, it will compete with psp vita then so it will never happen.

I say f**k sony, they are dying as a company anyways. Hasnt made one successful product in many years now. This is coming from a Sony fanboy btw. (But I am a bigger Ericsson fanboy if I have to choose)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 01:17
Samsung is now the biggest maker of micro chips & tv sets. They are over taking Sony in many ways. But as for I think Ericsson may be better on their own. But the worry is now many people may not recognise Ericsson in the crowded market of mobiles with Samsung etc making such huge strides now. Everyone will recognise Sony but Ericsson maybe not. Ericsson were struggling before the link up with Sony am I right??
Phone?? What phone??
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 02:03
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
1234  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic