Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > What happened to Sony Ericsson quality?

Author What happened to Sony Ericsson quality?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-16 14:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes from Ireland but been here since i was 9 months old my parents moved here. And yes Sean Patrick Anthony Burns it is. Does sound James Bond type i guess The names Burns,Sean Burns And yes i agree its about time i started to be less overly fussy

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-08-16 13:10 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-17 19:32
Am finally satisfied with my new Mini Pro!! It's so much better than the Mini in most ways
Phone?? What phone??
Ravanelli
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 09:07
My Neo is squeaking on the left chromed side when I'm using it for a while.

@Bono
Is Mini Pro better than Neo?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-19 09:44
Yes. Build is more solid for a start off. Imo overall I just prefer it. May not be quite as good in camera detail but its still good. Only thing I do not like is keypad backlight tuns off too quickly after no keys pressed. For a change for SE the build is rock solid especially when the slide is open. Love the white one its just gorgeous. No creaking for once too. Screen is good in sunlight too and for some reason unlike the Mini the screen is pressed right upto the glass. Looks better too that way. Keypad is great and keys don't sound sticky when pressed like the x10 Pro. Audio I have not tried as yet.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-08-19 10:54 ]
paulmcauley
Elm Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-20 21:51
The ironic thing about is that they've been cocking up in the last year or two in areas where they used to be miles ahead of the competition. e.g. back in the day around 2006/2007/2008 their feature phones were made of some of the highest quality materials. AFAIK they were one of the first to use brushed metal designs. They've now switched to this glossy fingerprint magnet plastic - don't actually mind plastic myself as can be done quite stylishly, but this glossy stuff is horrible!

Then the crAppl€ iPhone came along in 2007/8 - originally a plastic mess with no front camera, 2G only, no apps, crap camera, a fcking rip-off, carrier-locked, non-standard SIM, non-replaceable battery, non-expandible memory etc etc. - an absolutely terrible phone and only became a success due to American crAppl€Tards and the idiots in the media hyping it up before it was even released or anything was even known about it. NOTHING could compete with that baseless hype and "reality distortion field" and SE made the mistake of believing that crAppl€ design decisions were actually good and seemed to copy Apple's bad ideas by switching to plastic and dropping front camera etc etc! Now we have the crAppl€Tards talking as if crAppl€ invented brush metal, video calls, mobile photography, and mobile music!

Having said that, often cocked up and intentionally left out features intentionally. e.g. the classic K800 had a bad joystick that often failed. Then they became obsessed with the stupid vs. Cybershot thing instead of just making awesome phones with the best quality of everything.

Back to the present, and I'm still waiting and waiting for the Xperia Pro myself - hope the fingerprint-prone plastic won't be too bad! (hmm black or silver?) They seem to still be on a roll right now, so hopefully they'll get their act together again.
[ This Message was edited by: paulmcauley on 2011-08-20 21:12 ]
zokowmali
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2011-09-06 19:29
You are talking about quality? All i can say is,try a new Nokia.....Believe me,i know what i'm talking about...If you think that makes shitty phones, try a Nokia,but a hardcore Nokia fans will always tell you i'm wrong...
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-06 20:24
I am no HARD CORE Nokia fan as you seem to call it. I,like many people like many different brands. But you saying Nokia make SHITTY phones is just your opinion it does not mean they do. And I don't think were the first to make a metal phone
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-09-06 19:26 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-06 23:53
In terms of software I agree that Nokia are quite crappy, but in terms of build quality/materials used, they are by far the best they make rock solid devices, they have come a long way since the days of cheap plastic, flimsy back covers and loose sliders *cough* N95 *cough*
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11ā€¯ 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
gayannr
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2011-09-07 12:35

On 2011-09-06 23:53:12, Tsepz_GP wrote:
In terms of software I agree that Nokia are quite crappy, but in terms of build quality/materials used, they are by far the best they make rock solid devices, they have come a long way since the days of cheap plastic, flimsy back covers and loose sliders *cough* N95 *cough*

biosx
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 15:56
My Neo is also a bit squeaky on the left side. It can be solved with a bit of paper between the battery and the lid, if you don't mind having to do that to a rather expensive phone. Build material definitely leaves room for improvement, i loved the plastic used for the Vivaz Pro, there were no fingerprints, smudges or tiny cracks on that plastic, and i took less care then of it than i do with my Neo. I have the blue one, and any time I grab it you can see fingerprints on it, and it has also accumulated tiny scratches, though i NEVER place it on a solid surface, only inside it's little sock or whenever i place it on my desk, it's placed on a piece of smooth cloth i use for cleaning the glasses.

I did on the other hand replace it's casing with the silver one, which I must say is a LOT better at hiding smudges, fingerprints and probably even tiny cracks.

As for the camerae quality, it leaves to be desired in good light conditions, i think that the lowest ISO is 80 and I was hoping for a bit less than that, but in medium / low light it's definitely better than most camera phones, and an improvement over the Vivaz Pro no doubt, so i can't really say they've been going down with the quality on that.

That's what I think at least

Cheers
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 16:00
All of the new camera sensors have problems rendering red, very grainy in low light compared to my X10 (which is one of the reasons why I'm sill sticking with it).
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-25 16:13
Yes,I think so too. The Ray seems poor too
Phone?? What phone??
burmistrz
Xperia Active
PM
Posted: 2011-11-15 22:45

On 2011-08-11 00:06:56, adsada wrote:

On 2011-08-11 00:01:35, burmistrz wrote:

On 2011-08-07 19:35:07, Bonovox wrote:
I don't hate them I just feel frustrated at my favourite brand

My first mobile phone was an Alcatel. Like 20 years ago. Then I bought Ericsson GH198. Since back then, I always had an Ericsson/SonyEricsson. Until now.
2 weeks ago, I went to store and wanted another SE. Badly.
Xperia Arc is too big for my needs and Neo felt so... hmm... f..ing plasic.
Now I´m "proud" iphone owner.
Don´t even like that phone, but I newer had an option. It´s S.A.D.
I wish, k 850i had WiFi
Maybe Ray is better? Who knows.

Disappointing another one of the Apple masses, and you don't even want it?! If none of the SE range taked your fancey you could have looked at other brands, or waited for the smaller SE phones such as the ray or mini/minipro

poor show

Now I got Xperia Active. Something I was waiting for
k850
satio
x10 mini
iphone
active
Z3 Compact
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-11-15 22:57
Not sure what this discussion is about because my Neo V is a lovely build quality. Its nice and light and looks sexy too (in white). It looks really nice compared to an iphone to be honest plus tis different which is the reason i got it. I love this phone! My last phone was the W995 which served me well but this beast with 32gb is multimedia power house!! Thank you SE!
zyavar
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-23 23:32
“The last 4 Android products launched (X8, Arc, Neo & Play) are more stable, the hardware is far better and the overall quality has vastly improved. The after sales performance of the Arc & Neo are currently the best of all Android devices” (Senior Quality Manager, O2 Telefonica)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi