Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Ericsson admits Xperia X10 mistakes; says 2011 will be better

Author Sony Ericsson admits Xperia X10 mistakes; says 2011 will be better
drad
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-03-23 04:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Agreed. How about some decent service?
Jockissimo
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2011-03-23 12:06

On 2011-01-13 13:25:00, Bonovox wrote:
Its just another Android touch screen phone with their stamp on it. There is nothing new or different about it. @Goldenface every other manufacturer bar Nokia and Sony Ericsson were making their candy bar and slide handsets with their own Cyber shot or Walkman branding whatever but when touch screens came about everyone else could keep up so why not Sony Ericsson?

Yeah, but i think they managed to strike on something unique with the X10 minis though. looks like they have been buying market share with this wee phone, as a way to get "life cycle customers" on SE and android.

It is a bitty frustratingly small, until you have to put it in an average pocket!

Better than the HTC TP 2 IMHO.
"I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" G. Marx
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-03-23 15:29
I eat my words these days I am awaiting delivery of the Xperia Neo. All these new Xperia devices seem to impress me now.
Phone?? What phone??
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-03-24 00:57

On 2011-01-13 13:36:19, doministry wrote:
>500

I BEG you! What "experience" you're talking about?!

was intentionally neglecting any CONTINUOUS support for every smartphone from the past.
EVERY. It was not luck of experience, it is a strategy to not invest too much into once sold product.

Let me remind you that X1 stopped beeing upgraded once X2 appeared.
X2 was NEVER supported to became stable device.
They intentionally stopped upgrading this device after massive complaints. Outreagous.
I think Aspen never got any upgrade.

It took them 5 years after P990 massacre to admit they were basically fu....ing customers all this time.
AFAIK Satio never became mature either.

This company is a symbol of anti-consumer strategy to earn money. From the whole market they are the worse.
Their online help is disaster.

It is really interesting to see if it really changed.

+1 with a vengeance I really do think if they're really sorry, then they should provide us with a Froyo update now, that's independent of whatever the hell they're saying about their inexperience. It is a chance to correct their mistakes, not correct it through another product which says nothing at all. They really can't see that trust is everything and once the customers don't have it, at the end of the day no matter how advanced their current lineup may be (not that advanced anyway, puny internal space unlike all the other manufacturers, single core cpu unlike market leaders, poor video support unlike others with support for .mkv .avi etc out of the box and so forth) no trust equates to no sales. Their sales picked up last year due to the breath of fresh air that was X10. That air is now stale and they're only gonna have stupid brand loyal consumers like me for customer.
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
Haribolman
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM
Posted: 2011-03-24 09:59
I just had a realisation...it happens ocassionally!

Anyhoo, I realised that admitting their X10 mistake is just their thinly disguised way of admiting that the X10 is now dead to them. No more updates!
Why Be Normal?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-03-24 13:15
The worst experience I had was customer service over the phone. The woman was clearly unaware or poorly trained and had no clue and simply could not help me. Either that or she was playing dumb
Phone?? What phone??
dibdin
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-03-24 13:23

On 2011-03-24 13:15:00, Bonovox wrote:
The worst experience I had was customer service over the phone. The woman was clearly unaware or poorly trained and had no clue and simply could not help me.

Though you could say that applys to a number of companys these days in general not just not Sony Ericsson to be fair to them.
Xperia S in white ROCKS!!
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-03-24 13:45
No one should mention Samsung with their BADA OS...and their TouchWiz's...no one...

I think Samsung is much worst than SE...once they launch it, they never looked back.

Never...
dibdin
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-03-24 13:48

On 2011-03-24 13:45:04, titus1 wrote:
No one should mention Samsung with their BADA OS...and their TouchWiz's...no one...

I think Samsung is much worst than SE...once they launch it, they never looked back.

Never...

Your spot on there.
Xperia S in white ROCKS!!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-03-24 14:08
Quote:

On 2011-03-24 13:23:04, dibdin wrote:
\\r\\nOn 2011-03-24 13:15:00, Bonovox wrote:\\r\\nThe worst experience I had was customer service over the phone. The woman was clearly unaware or poorly trained and had no clue and simply could not help me. \\r\\n\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\nThough you could say that applys to a number of companys these days in general not just not Sony Ericsson to be fair to them.\\n

Yes true. I tried Samsung Bada its awfully bad(a) It was so clumsy with email cam hardly be considered a smart phone. More like Touch Wiz
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi